Free Agency Rory Atkins [UFA to Gold Coast for end of 2nd round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Sorry, not sure if there is already a thread on this, if so, feel free to merge. Anyway, Rory becomes a RFA at the end of the season. Just wondering if there would be interest from other teams out there, and if so, how much is he worth?

This guy is RESTRICTED?

What the hell were Adelaide's list management thinking?
The is no official Free Agents list yet, so no one knows the status of those coming out of contract.

Any list online defines everyone at 8 years as restricted, which wouldn't be true.

Bulldogs were rumoured to be interested a couple of years ago. We still have a gaping hole on one wing and cap space so he must come under consideration.

The is no official Free Agents list yet, so no one knows the status of those coming out of contract.

Any list online defines everyone at 8 years as restricted, which wouldn't be true.
I wouldn't be getting to upset if he is if I was you. We may actually be getting something for him then.

Also, if what you are saying is true, why was Dangerfield a free agent at the end of 2015, which was only his 8th year.

No way. One of the softest players in the league and the last guy you will see when the pressure is on.
Don't you think most of us Crows supporters know that. Why do you think I started this thread?

His only value to us this year is to play 3 games to get to 100 to qualify for Father/Son down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, every club has players like that. I did agree with you.

Relevant in that not all clubs give up as much North did for Polec. Lets not forget Pittard while we are at it.

I think he’d actually be a reasonable fit at Carlton. We’re lacking some speedy midfielders, and at worst he’d be putting pressure on other guys to break into the team.

The downside is he is very soft.

Lol. Polec is worth much more 😂😂😂😂

This is my source for starting this thread. I apologise if this is not accurate.

Footywire contract info isn't always accurate. This is from the AFL website published earlier this year. Atkins is a FA this year, not a RFA.

Lol. Polec is worth much more 😂😂😂😂

Polec was drafted at pick 5 to Brisbane and is now at his 3rd club. Atkins was drafted at pick 81 .. you'd hope he'd be worth more .. though he was dropped last week as well

This guy is RESTRICTED?

What the hell were Adelaide's list management thinking?
Agree, but believe this could be the case because of all the players who departed last year and thus we are very low on cap spend this year.

Sorry, not sure if there is already a thread on this, if so, feel free to merge. Anyway, Rory becomes a RFA at the end of the season. Just wondering if there would be interest from other teams out there, and if so, how much is he worth?
We'll give him away free and pay half his salary to make sure he goes. Is typical of the reasons we are in such a mess, 100 games of ?????

I’d take him at the dogs. Provides some speed. Hunter on one wing and Atkins on the other. Prefer to see Ed Richards at half back.

We'll give him away free and pay half his salary to make sure he goes. Is typical of the reasons we are in such a mess, 100 games of ?????
To think there have been much better players over our history who didn't to 100 games for the club as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back