Free Agency Rory Atkins [UFA to Gold Coast for end of 2nd round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

You probably should start watching footy then.

Has had multiple 3 vote Brownlow games, only 26 year old outside mid, played 101 games.
His best football has been pretty good I thought.

He’s pretty soft and prone to go missing though?

He's at outside player who uses the ball well so needs to be at a club with quality inside players... otherwise he does go missing.

Was
You probably should start watching footy then.

Has had multiple 3 vote Brownlow games, only 26 year old outside mid, played 101 games.
Was suprised to see he averaged 20+ touches at 70% eff between 2016-19.
Hopefully this year is the outlier. 10 touches a game is extremely poor

You do like left footers.

It's almost if Beveridge is trying to replicate Clarko's great Hawks side...

Bev has a left footer obsession. Suckling, Duryea, Keath, Bruce, Schache, Crozier, all brought in under Beveridge.

And thats just a sprinkling of all the lefties we have in on our best 22.

Welcome to the dogs Rory.

Supposedly the Suns are the favourites, which is.....strange. They already have Weller, Ellis, Powell, Sharp and Anderson as wingers no?
NEAFL top up. unless we get him for 200k a year we don't want him

I think the Saints are the one. Another to add to their mids as depth which they are keen to do.

Long term.deal mentioned. He would be an idiot to turn down the security of a 4 or 5 year deal if that is what is possibly on offer. Also if the money is enough...could it ned band 3 compo for the crows which would be pick 21..happy frigin days if so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long term.deal mentioned. He would be an idiot to turn down the security of a 4 or 5 year deal if that is what is possibly on offer. Also if the money is enough...could it ned band 3 compo for the crows which would be pick 21..happy frigin days if so

it mentions length as the carrot instead of currency to lure him so the proposition is that he would be getting paid very little.

also that article doesn’t come across as very reliable opening with the “we understand” and closing an article about a supposed specific contract offer with the supporting line of it’s believed he has an offer cause he’s left the crows.

it mentions length as the carrot instead of currency to lure him so the proposition is that he would be getting paid very little.

also that article doesn’t come across as very reliable opening with the “we understand” and closing an article about a supposed specific contract offer with the supporting line of it’s believed he has an offer cause he’s left the crows.
It does but i had heard gold coast a little while back from someone who is close to the club and it seems like they are in the running. I HOPE a long term deal on decent coin might be offered and that COULD put it in band 3 territory..but it might not but we can hope

Yep, that's absolutely true too.

He actually accumulates a fair amount of ball for an outside player. Doesn't really love applying tackle pressure at the contest and often tries to do too much.

Why would they offer years + good money? There’s zero reason to do that.
Because they want the player?

You can argue whether it's right or not, but someone has obviously put a deal to him that he's going to sign. Why would he so publicly commit to leave this far out if he's only been offered a rubbish deal?

Yep, that's absolutely true too.

He actually accumulates a fair amount of ball for an outside player. Doesn't really love applying tackle pressure at the contest and often tries to do too much.
To be fair... he actually added “applying pressure” to his game in recent times..

but faaark me.. still a really soft player if you ask me.

Downhill skier thats only good in bloody good team thats dominating.. he’s a bit of Steven Motlop type. One minute the supporters love him, next minute they want him dumped forever!...

someone on the crows board, who claimed to have inside knowledge, said they’d heard $550k a year..

thats sheer and utter lunacy IMO... but still, us supporters seem to always get these things wrong!..

maybe a team rates him higher than everyone here does.

time will tell.

Highly doubt GC are looking at topping up with rejects anymore.

Especially those wanting a pension bonus

Talk of the move to the sun's is news to me. Only heard he was taking offers from Melbourne clubs.
Crows and Atkins came to a mutual decision after Atkins asked for clarity on a contract extension and was told that it would need to wait till after others are re-signed and list spots were finalized. A one year deal was all that would be offered up if they were to have space.

Because they want the player?

You can argue whether it's right or not, but someone has obviously put a deal to him that he's going to sign. Why would he so publicly commit to leave this far out if he's only been offered a rubbish deal?
you do realise that there is a lot of space in between rubbish deal and long contract on good money deal right? Like they’re not the only two options.

also, you’re literally asking me why a unwanted player who can’t get a game at a bad side who can’t get a win while being poorly run would want to leave...

The question is why the * wouldn’t he?
You have got no idea like the rest of us. Why wouldn't they offer both if the really want him?
What kind of logic is that?

you’re seriously asking why Gold Coast shouldn’t pay massive overs to land a player who’s walked out of a club that can’t win a game and won’t play him..

you do realise that there is a lot of space in between rubbish deal and long contract on good money deal right? Like they’re not the only two options.

also, you’re literally asking me why a unwanted player who can’t get a game at a bad side who can’t get a win while being poorly run would want to leave...

The question is why the fu** wouldn’t he?

What kind of logic is that?

you’re seriously asking why Gold Coast shouldn’t pay massive overs to land a player who’s walked out of a club that can’t win a game and won’t play him..
what is it with you..you have NFI what they might be prepared to pay and maybe they value him enough to want to offer him decent coin? who knows..why not just leave it at your guess is as good as mine and whatever gets paid gets paid and if that is enough to get a decent draft pick for the crows then well and good and if not, so be it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back