Preview Round 1 2022 - Adelaide vs Fremantle, March 20, 2022

How many wins for the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So at least half of these not likely to get another contract at AFC. So what is everyone's delisting order...

1. Frampton
2. Rowe
3. Himmelberg
4. Walker
5. HInge
6. Gollant
1. Walker
2. Himmelberg

These are the obvious 2.

Frampton - It's unpopular on here, but I think we keep him on a 1 year deal as a KPD if he has a good year. I think he showed something down back.
Rowe - We have invested a lot of time into him, I can't see him not getting at least 1 more year.
Hinge - Might maintain a rookie spot
Gollant - always a long term prospect, played really well last year at SANFL. I think he gets a couple more years.

So that means we need to trade out someone who is contracted potentially for picks...Crouch, Worrell, McAdam, McPherson...?

1. Walker
2. Himmelberg

These are the obvious 2.

Frampton - It's unpopular on here, but I think we keep him on a 1 year deal as a KPD if he has a good year. I think he showed something down back.
Rowe - We have invested a lot of time into him, I can't see him not getting at least 1 more year.
Hinge - Might maintain a rookie spot
Gollant - always a long term prospect, played really well last year at SANFL. I think he gets a couple more years.

So that means we need to trade out someone who is contracted potentially for picks...Crouch, Worrell, McAdam, McPherson...?

Unless it’s for a future pick we then need to find a spot for the the acquired draft pick

Pretty much agree with this but I think we'll have a harder time against Freo (R1) than Collingwood (R2) regardless of home ground advantage.

Home ground does not matter. There will be some good games and some bad games in 2022. But if we can get 10 wins that would be a big pass mark.

Home ground does not matter. There will be some good games and some bad games in 2022. But if we can get 10 wins that would be a big pass mark.

Home ground matters, as teams usually play better at home compared to away.

It does matter. I just think Freo are further along in their development. Collingwood are hitting rock bottom right now and we really should have won that game this year. We choked hard in that game.
We did ok against them at home last year. Led at HT, down by a point at 3/4, they did get a late run late in the game to come over the top of us.

It wont be easy.

No pencil win either.

It does matter. I just think Freo are further along in their development. Collingwood are hitting rock bottom right now and we really should have won that game this year. We choked hard in that game.

They should be, but losing Cerra and Fyfe looking like he'll have an interrupted preseason might just even it up. It's very winnable at AO.

Tried to write a team that had players in that I WANTED in; those that I hope have demanded a place in the side. I ended up going safe and it was far too optimistic.

But I really want to see early and solid game time for Worrell, Cook, Gollant, Sholl, Pedlar, Hamill, Berry, Mcasey, Hately and Hinge. And even Borlase, Parnell and Newchurch.

And I don't care if I never see Brown, McAdam, Rowe, Murphy, McPherson, Himmelberg or Davis again.

Strangely I still have some love for Frampton and want to continue his experiment in defence.

Also keen to see Milera and Crouch uninjured but not confident their bodies will hold up and we will ever see their best again.

Any others I have not named are proven - to a certain extent - and will get solid game time.

You don't want that no man's land finish

Either pointy end of the draft or contending for a finals spot
Then we are lock for another 1st rounder from pick 5 to 10.

It wont matter this year, as we are trading it for Luko and or Rankine.

This year was the year to tank our way to JHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment it's looking very unlikely we're going for either of them, unless Gold Coast is giving them away cheaply.

This how I perceive we will go.

Round 1 v Freo Win
Round 2 v Coll Loss
Round 3 v Power Loss
Round 4 v Ess Loss
Round 5 v Rich Loss
Round 6 v WB Loss
Round 7 v GWS Loss
Round 8 v Carl Loss
Round 9 v Lions Loss
Round 10 v St Kilda Win
Round 11 v Geel Loss
Round 12 v WCE Loss
Round 13 bye
Round 14 v GC Win
Round 15 v NM Loss
Round 16 v Melb Loss
Round 17 v Haw Win
Round 18 v Coll Win

Round 19 v Swan Loss
Round 20 v Carlton Win
Round 21 v WCE Loss
Round 22 v NM Win
Round 23 v Power 50:50

7 wins and the final game looms has 50:50, more so I like our chances if Port need to win this game to make the 8 and for us winning means our 1st round draft pick gets screwed up.:drunk:

Im sure somewhere along rounds 2 to 9 we will win one game, I assume we will be up and hunting for that win and may catch a team off the boil.

Richmond/GWS/Carlton looms as a team that I think we may beat. Mind you Toby of course returns against us in R7 I think?
If we only win 7 games that will be no improvement from this year and more likely a step back. We have an easier draw as well in 2022 with more home games with a capacity crowd. 10 wins for me is the bare minimum. Would like us to push for finals as I think we can do it if we have a good run with injuries.

I honestly think we'll suprise a few, particularly if we have a good run with injuries. The only issue is if we win enough games to get in that 7th 8th 9th spot will people actually be happy?

I feel like people still wants us to finish bottom 5 to get "good draft" picks but will be pissed they didn't see any progress

I honestly think we'll suprise a few, particularly if we have a good run with injuries. The only issue is if we win enough games to get in that 7th 8th 9th spot will people actually be happy?

I feel like people still wants us to finish bottom 5 to get "good draft" picks but will be pissed they didn't see any progress

Half way through the season it should be apparent if we are a finals chance or not. If not we should... position ourselves for the best draft pick

God help us if we do. If we trade a first for anyone, it should be our 2023 first.

Half way through the season it should be apparent if we are a finals chance or not. If not we should... position ourselves for the best draft pick
I think every game counts now for developing players and the team , if we come 10th and get pick 8 then that’s ok , means we’re getting better

Revamped side as of 16/12/2021 for r1

FB: McPherson, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, Murray, Jones
C: Seedsman, Laird Dawson
HF: Sloane, Thilthorpe, Cook
FF: Rachele, Fogarty, Gollant
Foll: O'Brien, Keays, Schoenberg
INT: McHenry, McAdam/Milera, Berry, Hinge

Last edited:
Revamped side as of 16/12/2021 for r1

FB: McPherson, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, Murray, Jones
C: Seedsman, Laird Dawson
HF: Sloane, Thilthorpe, Cook
FF: Rachele, Fogarty, Gollant
Foll: O'Brien, Keays, Schoenberg
INT: McHenry, McAdam/Milera, Berry, Hinge
What are the changes from your last team?

Gawd I hope we don't fall for Frampton.

Presumably we're trying to build a good team that will stand up in finals in the future.

Do we really think Billy is one who'll stand up in the pressure cooker of an MCG final? Or is he an utter garbage Liam Jones type, who'll look ok when we're a shithouse team near the foot of the table, wins not really mattering because it's about draft picks and development... but then going to water and making mistakes when we start pushing up the table and trying to achieve something?

Why waste our time? Why clog up the 22 with someone we know will ultimately not be good enough?

Do we really think Billy is one who'll stand up in the pressure cooker of an MCG final? Or is he an utter garbage Liam Jones type, who'll look ok when we're a shithouse team near the foot of the table, wins not really mattering because it's about draft picks and development... but then going to water and making mistakes when we start pushing up the table and trying to achieve something?

Did Liam Jones ever play a final? Apart from his first 2 years when he was young and only played a total of 5 games - when was he a part of a team pushing up the table trying to achieve something?

Back