Preview Round 1 2022 - Adelaide vs Fremantle, March 20, 2022

How many wins for the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea why anyone could have any expectation Macasey will be playing rd 1. He’s way down the depth chart for both backs and fwds and has shown less than all his rivals. It’s hard to find a reason to even be hopeful (except for him being pick 6).
3rd year key position ……. Sounds familiar to make a mark for me

Compare our Top 3 Centre Bounce attendee's to that of the top clubs

Melb ; Oliver, Petracca, Viney
Bulldogs: Macrae, Bontempelli, Libaratore
Brisbane : Lyons, Neale, Zorko

Sloane simply has to make way this year ......no ifs, or buts

View attachment 1268184
Been saying this for months… all I get is “thumbs down” from Mutineer!…

B L.Brown J.Butts T.Doedee
HB W.Milera N.Murray B.Smith
C J.Dawson B.Keayes P.Seedsman
HF N.McHenry D.Fogarty S.McAdam
F J.Rachele R.Thilthorpe J.Rowe
FOLL: R.O’Brien R.Laird H.Schoenberg
INTER: R.Sloane, C.Jones, E.Himmleberg , L.Sholl
Emerg: B.Cook, F.McASEY, J.Hately, S.Berry

Not bad, but I’d be playing Cook ahead of every non-KPP apart from Shoenberg & Dawson.

Cook, Gollant, Berry will likely be in the team. Depends whether they use Thilthorpe in the ruck when ROB is off the ground. If they do they would likely go with Gollant over Himmelberg I would imagine. Berry over Rowe is likely as well as he has more strings to his bowe and can go through the midfield as well. With Rachele coming in the team this puts pressure on Rowe as well.

Himmleberg to chop out ROB when possible and provide a target up forward. Don’t want young Thilthorpe getting smashed at an early age. Plus he’s a decent foil at times.

I picked Rowey because he can kick goals. Is a tad slow but seems a lively type. Just needs to get fitter. Could possibly drop McAdam and Sholl for Cook and Berry.

B L.Brown J.Butts T.Doedee
HF N.McHenry D.Fogarty S.McAdam
F J.Rachele R.Thilthorpe J.Rowe
INTER: R.Sloane, C.Jones, E.Himmleberg , L.Sholl
Emerg: B.Cook, F.McASEY, J.Hately, S.Berry

I might have gone a little short in the fwd line

B L.Brown J.Butts T.Doedee/Hinge (if injured)
HF N.McHenry D.Fogarty B.Cook
F S.McAdam R.Thilthorpe J.Rachele
INTER: R.Sloane, C.Jones, M.Crouch, S.Berry

Midfield rotations

R.Laird, H.Schoenberg, B.Keayes
M.Crouch, W.Milera, S.Berry
R.Sloane, J.Dawson, C.Jones

I reckon pedlar will be gunning for S.McAdam position.

Hamill, L.Sholl and McPherson unlucky.

Battle between N.Murray, F.McASEY for second tall in defence.

I've put a line through E.Himmleberg, depth in my opinion.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cook, Gollant, Berry will likely be in the team. Depends whether they use Thilthorpe in the ruck when ROB is off the ground. If they do they would likely go with Gollant over Himmelberg I would imagine. Berry over Rowe is likely as well as he has more strings to his bowe and can go through the midfield as well. With Rachele coming in the team this puts pressure on Rowe as well.

Interesting how many have Gollant in for round one. He is one of six players laying for only one or perhaps two list spots for 2023 Hinge and Rowe two others of the six also make a few peoples teams

Interesting how many have Gollant in for round one. He is one of six players laying for only one or perhaps two list spots for 2023 Hinge and Rowe two others of the six also make a few peoples teams
Who are the six you think are going for the two list spots?

I think gollant has something, but its a long term prospect. Kinda like what we've done with Himmelberg. Which I'm not sure we are getting the return at this point.

I reckon we’re certain to offer Gollant another contract; just depends on the terms and whether he’ll accept them.

Who are the six you think are going for the two list spots?

I think gollant has something, but its a long term prospect. Kinda like what we've done with Himmelberg. Which I'm not sure we are getting the return at this point.

The six not contracted beyond next year Frampton Himmelberg Walker Rowe Gollant Hinge

I really hope Walker plays for another couple of seasons and gets to be part of another finals win.

He’s never been quick so losing his pace isn’t a problem and he seems to have twigged that being super fit really matters.

The six not contracted beyond next year Frampton Himmelberg Walker Rowe Gollant Hinge
So at least half of these not likely to get another contract at AFC. So what is everyone's delisting order...

1. Frampton
2. Rowe
3. Himmelberg
4. Walker
5. HInge
6. Gollant

So at least half of these not likely to get another contract at AFC. So what is everyone's delisting order...

1. Frampton
2. Rowe
3. Himmelberg
4. Walker
5. HInge
6. Gollant
Berg before Rowe I reckon unless Rachele fires big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming we're all healthy other than Crouch and Milera I'd go something like

FB: McPherson, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, Murray, Sholl
C: Seedsman, Keays, Dawson
HF: Sloane, Thilthorpe, Cook
FF: McAdam, Fogarty, McHenry
Foll: O'Brien, Laird, Schoenberg
INT: Jones, Rachele, Berry, Hinge
Yeah I reckon that'll be pretty close.

I'd like to see Hamill and Pedlar around the mark too. McAdam will need a pretty good summer to get in over Gollant.

I'd say both McAdam and Rowe will need to pull their finger out or Rachele might get the coach's tick, the way I'm reading Nicks young Josh looks likely to be fast-tracked

I'd say both McAdam and Rowe will need to pull their finger out or Rachele might get the coach's tick, the way I'm reading Nicks young Josh looks likely to be fast-tracked
Rachele & all our high end young talent should be fast tracked in a rebuild... as we need to get 50 games into them asap.

I still hope McAdam can recapture form & there is room for both... & can't have enough X factor players.

I'm not so bullish on Rowe.

1. Frampton
2. Rowe
3. Himmelberg
4. Walker
5. HInge
6. Gollant

We have two picks plus at least two upgrades or three if Murray can’t have a third year as a rookie so three is the minimum if we go 40 and 4 . Staying 39 and5requires 5 delistings .

Good team. My only change would be to play Jones at half back instead of Sholl and bring Gollant into the team.

I like it, but I can't see them playing Sloane half forward. He will still be in the middle for majority of the time while captain.

Just skim read the fixture. Hopefully Carlton are still shithouse otherwise I don't see us winning many in the first 10 games. The back half is a little easier though.

Just skim read the fixture. Hopefully Carlton are still shithouse otherwise I don't see us winning many in the first 10 games. The back half is a little easier though.
This how I perceive we will go.

Round 1 v Freo Win
Round 2 v Coll Loss
Round 3 v Power Loss
Round 4 v Ess Loss
Round 5 v Rich Loss
Round 6 v WB Loss
Round 7 v GWS Loss
Round 8 v Carl Loss
Round 9 v Lions Loss
Round 10 v St Kilda Win
Round 11 v Geel Loss
Round 12 v WCE Loss
Round 13 bye
Round 14 v GC Win
Round 15 v NM Loss
Round 16 v Melb Loss
Round 17 v Haw Win
Round 18 v Coll Win

Round 19 v Swan Loss
Round 20 v Carlton Win
Round 21 v WCE Loss
Round 22 v NM Win
Round 23 v Power 50:50

7 wins and the final game looms has 50:50, more so I like our chances if Port need to win this game to make the 8 and for us winning means our 1st round draft pick gets screwed up.:drunk:

Im sure somewhere along rounds 2 to 9 we will win one game, I assume we will be up and hunting for that win and may catch a team off the boil.

Richmond/GWS/Carlton looms as a team that I think we may beat. Mind you Toby of course returns against us in R7 I think?

6 of the first 10 at AO, we'll win at least half of those

Round 1 v Freo Win
Round 2 v Coll Loss
Round 3 v Power Loss
Round 4 v Ess Loss
Round 5 v Rich Loss
Round 6 v WB Loss
Round 7 v GWS Loss
Round 8 v Carl Loss
Round 9 v Lions Loss
Round 10 v St Kilda Win
Round 11 v Geel Loss
Round 12 v WCE Loss
Round 13 bye
Round 14 v GC Win
Round 15 v NM Loss
Round 16 v Melb Loss
Round 17 v Haw Win
Round 18 v Coll Win

Round 19 v Swan Loss
Round 20 v Carlton Win
Round 21 v WCE Loss
Round 22 v NM Win
Pretty much agree with this but I think we'll have a harder time against Freo (R1) than Collingwood (R2) regardless of home ground advantage.

Pretty much agree with this but I think we'll have a harder time against Freo (R1) than Collingwood (R2) regardless of home ground advantage.
Won 7 games last year, it would be nice to improve on that. Somewhere from 8 to 10 with a couple of bigger scalps.

Round 1 v Freo Win
Round 2 v Coll Loss
Round 3 v Power Loss
Round 4 v Ess Loss
Round 5 v Rich Loss
Round 6 v WB Loss
Round 7 v GWS Loss
Round 8 v Carl Loss
Round 9 v Lions Loss
Round 10 v St Kilda Win
Round 11 v Geel Loss
Round 12 v WCE Loss
Round 13 bye
Round 14 v GC Win
Round 15 v NM Loss
Round 16 v Melb Loss
Round 17 v Haw Win
Round 18 v Coll Win

Round 19 v Swan Loss
Round 20 v Carlton Win
Round 21 v WCE Loss
Round 22 v NM Win

7 wins and the final game looms has 50:50, more so I like our chances if Port need to win this game to make the 8 and for us winning means our 1st round draft pick gets screwed up.:drunk:

Im sure somewhere along rounds 2 to 9 we will win one game, I assume we will be up and hunting for that win and may catch a team off the boil.

Richmond/GWS/Carlton looms as a team that I think we may beat. Mind you Toby of course returns against us in R7 I think?
We have a very good record against gws at home and rarely lose to them here. I think we will beat Richmond at home as well who I don't see bouncing back into contention like some do . I think we are a chance of beating Carlton away. We generally play well against them in melb. I think Collingwood are going to be terrible so I see us possibly beating them away early when we are up and about.

Back