Autopsy Round 1, 2022: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought we’d need to justify just why so many of us find a player of CJ’s ability and output as exciting, when so many opposition supporters will openly post about how bloody good he is and is going to be.

Get on board, he could be a hall of famer by the end of his career.

Defensively CJ has to have the widest circle of influence I’ve ever seen. Only Frost would come sort of close for us. The ball is anywhere near him and he’s able to get a fist on it or mark it.

CJ makes the ground so much smaller for our opposition. His offensive work is great to watch. But defensively he’s incredible.

The amount of times he has and will stop a certain goal/ mark is going to be very high.

Like Gibbo and Cyril had a test tube baby.

Never thought we’d need to justify just why so many of us find a player of CJ’s ability and output as exciting, when so many opposition supporters will openly post about how bloody good he is and is going to be.

Get on board, he could be a hall of famer by the end of his career.
I wake up in a cold sweat some nights shaking at the thought he easily could have been delisted at the end of 2020

I wake up in a cold sweat some nights shaking at the thought he easily could have been delisted at the end of 2020
How about the people who were suggesting we trade/delist Lewis at the end of last season as he wasn't going to get games ahead of Kosi and Jeka!

Imagine if we'd delisted Moore and CJ at the end of 2020.

What a real (take note Barrett) sliding doors moment that would have been.
Didn't we technically delist Moore to move him onto the rookie list? Giving him lifetime free agency.

Yes we did. Yes he has unlimited FA. Can't see him ever going anywhere though
Yeah spoke to him for a bit at the player sponsorship night. Seems to love the club, his teammates and spoke highly of Sam Mitchell. Should stay as long as he's kept happy (and in contract!)

I bloody love CJ and agree with all the rational postings above about him, but I’m really looking forward to seeing how he goes as the year goes on. Last year, I felt he started with an absolute bang but got exploited a bit by opposition once they figured him out. Injury didn’t help.

He’ll be much better with the experience, and hopefully he’ll sustain and it and get even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick take on CJ ...

as much as anything else, what sets him apart - from Frost and all but a select few in the entire comp - is his agility / lateral movement at high speed.
The guy can change direction in traffic, at speed, in a way that is just eye-popping.

aside from big hangers, it might be the best thing to watch in our game.

CJ's a gem . Has made my life easier . My 6 yo got into footy because of him last season . 4yo has now followed suit.

On Sunday 6 yo excitedly joined me on the couch to watch our game.
Its because of him . We are so lucky .

I asked her why she likes him ' because he runs quick , he jumps high and moves so fast ' ' better than everyone else'
Got to love how kids simplify things.
What a gun he is and will get even better.

Just a quick take on CJ ...

as much as anything else, what sets him apart - from Frost and all but a select few in the entire comp - is his agility / lateral movement at high speed.
The guy can change direction in traffic, at speed, in a way that is just eye-popping.

aside from big hangers, it might be the best thing to watch in our game.
Agree with all if that and add that he is a genuine endurance runner. It's what they call "the package".

Got to say, CJ's kicking seems to have improved a lot. Was prone to a few shady kicks in his early days, but has been nailing them recently. Can't remember any clangers from the weekend

Unbelievably good decision making and field kicking on Sunday. Was just a joy to watch.

I meant to really focus on Frost. Athletically similar to CJ, he also closed down key forwards, not first gamers, and repelled more attacks than CJ. …and Im sorry, just my opinion, but NO WAY did CJ have as much impact as Frost.

I just did a stats comparison on the AFL site. Frost more intercept pos. 12 to 9. 4 tackles v 1. CJ more turnovers and more uncontested pos.

There is definitely a phenomenon going on here I reckon! Why is it that he is seen to be so much more exciting? Scrim, Hardwick and Frost arent athletically challenged. CJ does some really embarrassing turnovers like Frost but somehow we forget CJ’s and not Frosts.

Scrim hits targets, he has better skills both sides, a better intercept mark, makes better decisions, is more consistent etc etc, his skills are way more silky.

I agree, even the coaches seem obsessed with CJ.

Hardwick beats his opponent every week. Most of them are the oppos gun forward who kick goals. He gets coaches votes but fans consistently dont have him in our best. Incredibly consistent.

You have to admit there is a phenomenon that makes CJ seem to be way better than he actually is compared to other Hawk stars.

Is it because we all want a person who was born in another country, who is not native to our game, to be good at our game? Is that what is exciting?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

10783504-7953-4437-9B7A-B2200E1FCDE7.jpeg

I know it’s highly unlikely because people like you seem to wear your ignorance as a badge of honour - but I really hope you can reflect on the absolute garbage you posted here and come to realise how both bafflingnly stupid and offensive it is.

View attachment 1352478

I know it’s highly unlikely because people like you seem to wear your ignorance as a badge of honour - but I really hope you can reflect on the absolute garbage you posted here and come to realise how both bafflingnly stupid and offensive it is.

Offensive? Me? Ok mate suggest you cheer up a little.

Nope.
Every time he gets the ball he opens the game up. This is exciting.
So many times he comes from nowhere to win/halve a contest. That is exciting.
He's only played a handful of games and is already playing great footy - so is likely to become A LOT better. This is exciting.
He's is one of the best runners at the club despite only having done a couple of preseason. This is exciting.
He was drafted as a Cat B rookie but is now a key player in the team's defense. This is exciting.

None of these five things have anything to do with the country he was born in.

I agree he is exciting. I said I love him. My point was other players should be just as exciting for the skills THEY have.

This is complete garbage.
I(we) love CJ for what he does on the field.
Your user name needs a rethink.

What part of “I love him” was not understood? My point is about other players who are underrated.

Insinuating that we only like a player to the extent we do because of his background of being a refugee - act incredulously when called out for how utterly repugnant that statement is, and pull out the ‘sorry if you’re offended’ card. I shouldn’t be surprised, but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back