cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
Thats a good team, noice choice of Marshall at CHB.
How about Ross out for Highmore, more coverage down back could be the go, and there is a noticeable absence of the D🚆 (toot toot)
Been calling for that for 3 years. Just dont have the ruck depth at the moment. If heath or another is good enough to play ruck fwd. Then we could possibly entertain it.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints 22:
B: Paton, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Hill, Howard, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Higgins
F: Membrey, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Gresham

Int: Jones, Byrnes, McKenzie, Bytel

Sandy 22:
B: Webster, Joyce, Allison
HB: Coffield, Battle, Connolly
C: Wanganeen-Milera, Ross, Owens
HF: Kent, Sharman, Long
F: Heath, Wood, Geary
R: Campbell, Windhager, Hayes

I really wanted to fit the GOAT Sharman in the starting 22 but couldn't find a spot.
That's a very exciting 2nd's team.
Realistically Hanners wont be there and Ryder will be part time, replased with Battle and Coffield. Billings on notice.
What we need is a team list of
Certain best 22 if fit
Possible and probables
In and outs
Depth
Developments
Are you volunteering?

gringo2011

Premium Platinum
Nov 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
That's a very exciting 2nd's team.
Realistically Hanners wont be there and Ryder will be part time, replased with Battle and Coffield. Billings on notice.

Are you volunteering?

I doubt your mates Seb or Billings are getting pushed out of seniors unless they go really badly. Billings had a bad year but he's more solid B than a VFL player.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I doubt your mates Seb or Billings are getting pushed out of seniors unless they go really badly. Billings had a bad year but he's more solid B than a VFL player.
I'm hoping there's a paradigm shift this year actually. Although there's an imperative for finals there's also too much talent in the 2's now for non performing seniors to simply own a spot.
I know people say the same every year but it's been a long time since we had a solid group actually pushing for selection.

I fully expect those boys will play round 1 but as their contract negotiations showed, the easy ride is over now.

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints 22:
B: Paton, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Hill, Howard, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Higgins
F: Membrey, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Gresham

Int: Jones, Byrnes, McKenzie, Bytel

Sandy 22:
B: Webster, Joyce, Allison
HB: Coffield, Battle, Connolly
C: Wanganeen-Milera, Ross, Owens
HF: Kent, Sharman, Long
F: Heath, Wood, Geary
R: Campbell, Windhager, Hayes

I really wanted to fit the GOAT Sharman in the starting 22 but couldn't find a spot.
We've got Oscar Adams in the VFL too.

Probably makes us a bit too tall down back if both of Battle and Joyce arent getting a game in the ones though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

_Maximus_12

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I honestly hate hill at HBF. He doesn't defend, and bites of too many kicks that aren't there which result in turnovers. Yes his numbers were better once he moved there, but it's well known that it's the easiest place on the ground to find the footy, especially if the directive is to feed him the ball. We're not going to drop him, because he's on too much coin, and he has too much talent but I'd sooner but his poor form on the wing may limit our ability to select our best defensive unit.

gringo2011

Premium Platinum
Nov 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I honestly hate hill at HBF. He doesn't defend, and bites of too many kicks that aren't there which result in turnovers. Yes his numbers were better once he moved there, but it's well known that it's the easiest place on the ground to find the footy, especially if the directive is to feed him the ball. We're not going to drop him, because he's on too much coin, and he has too much talent but I'd sooner but his poor form on the wing may limit our ability to select our best defensive unit.

I rate him off half back, he provides run and carry. what you're saying isn't wrong but he's definitely playing well there. Sincs and him provide a pair of good rebound running options that mean we have one quality line that we don't need to worry about. Our defence looks like it could use one more tall option for sides that play 2 tall KPs or a resting ruck but defence is starting to take shape. Clarke, Coffield, Highmore and Webster are the ones that need to be decided on where to play them longer term.

To me our midfield is the only area of the ground where there are a few serious issues unless players make a jump.

pebblesofsand

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
A couple of hours and then its less than 60 days till our Round 1 match against the Pies.

I see we are favourites @ $1.60 - about time this thread became the official "Preview" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad