Preview Round 1 - Fremantle v Geelong, 4:40pm AWST Sunday 26 March 2017, Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdoch, Ruggles, Mackie in

Emg. Thurlow, Menegola, Lang

Wow happy about GHS in. Over menegola but some very interesting selections round 1.

Did anyone get the meat tray ? If you did great effort

Mackie was one of our best v Essendon, IMO. We'll need his poise
He'll be very important this year for leadership and organising with Enright gone and if Taylor spends significant time forward.

Menegola in for Smith, surely? If this happens then I don't mind the team so much.
In a way it's a positive how Menegola and Lang didn't show much in JLT so didn't get a game.
But then! Smith gets a game? Cowan, Motlop weren't much better.
So is weird.
I'm hoping your prediction happens.

Why isn't Thurlow named??!
Ridiculous picking Tom Stewart over him in my opinion. Just screwed up my SuperCoach big time!!

Yeah I went marchbank late because I saw the benches hated Carlton on a Thursday made it really tough. I went pickett over butler though so one right one wrong frustrating game super coach

Zac Jones 300k looked pretty good if you want a like for like his pre season was actually much better guaranteed to play

Bit worried about our midfield depth with no C. Guthrie, Menegola & Scooter but if it means more time in centre for GHS & Cockatoo and they perform well then good on them.

Always knew Mackie would be picked and he did perform well in JLT, but at same time it is his final season while Thurlow who plays a similar role will be in the team for another 7+ years. Of course I'm probably looking into it too much & they are simply allowing Thurlow to slowly build into season starting in VFL which I can understand.

It's only Round 1 so hopefully the team we've selected can perform well & bring back the 4 points.

Though with a mind on development I would like to see guys like Lang & Thurlow in the team soon.

Good luck to Stewart & Parfitt in their debuts, will especially be keeping a close eye on Parfitt like his composure already.

In a way it's a positive how Menegola and Lang didn't show much in JLT so didn't get a game.
But then! Smith gets a game? Cowan, Motlop weren't much better.
So is weird.
I'm hoping your prediction happens.

Murda snuck in and put his name on the board surely jumped on a fight before anyone noticed

LOL, why?

Bobby is on an anti Mackie crusade.....anything positive said is quickly shot down. Personally, I don't agree with him.,,he deserves his spot.

Whether he maintains form throughout the season though is open to conjecture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game with teams named looks so close on paper I originally had geelong winning this by around 8-12 points. Away games in Perth are so tough with the hostile crowd warm weather straight up in round 1.

I think now its back to under a goal either way with the Guthrie out and some interesting selections couple of debutants and some new positions changes for Taylor. Our run and carry from half back looks very questionable I will admit on jlt form ruggles deserved his spot he was better than thurlow even if I don't agree with it.

Going to be a lot of pressure on Tuohy and the ruggler disposal will need to be on point.

Fremantle won't be favourites with the bookies but they start by the slimest of margins favourites in my eyes after named teams.

The cats need to show up in the first quarter its going to be a defensive game tough to score and I give freo's midfield the tick on depth so its the perfect game for round 1 really coming off last seasons prelim loss to Sydney. A tough contested game that looks it will be won in the middle !

Menegola didn't do much in the JLT series to warrant selection, IMO

Who cares, he played great when it mattered last year - with no experience. Plus he was a really solid ball winner, something our side still looks like rubbish at on paper(other than Dangerwood) without Scott Selwood or Menegola.

George Horlin-Smith had better pull his finger out, he's been given an unwarranted opportunity if you ask me. But hey, Chris Scott likes to do that, at least he's consistent. The GHS trial will be a failure.

Last edited:
Who cares, he played great win it mattered last year - with no experience. Plus he was a really solid ball winner, something our side still looks like rubbish at on paper(other than Dangerwood) without Scott Selwood or Menegola.

George Horlin-Smith had better pull his finger out, he's been given an unwarranted opportunity if you ask me. But hey, Chris Scott likes to do that, at least he's consistent. The GHS trial will be a failure.

Yeah it looks very much like they have gone towards a form based system and what you did last year is out the window. All the selections seem that way anyway play well and your in the side.

If he is consistent with those methods all throughout the year I will be content.

That means Smith, Stanley, Blicavs combination if it doesn't work one should be out of the squad.

the Taylor experiment can end if it doesn't pan out down forward. Tom Stewart is a 3rd tall defender so I assumed he was in but his JLT form was borderline and going to need to improve every week.

Ruggles, Cowan, Murdoch, Parfitt, G.H.S, Motlop if the form falls away get the guys from the VFL in.

Who cares, he played great win it mattered last year - with no experience. Plus he was a really solid ball winner, something our side still looks like rubbish at on paper(other than Dangerwood) without Scott Selwood or Menegola.

Menegola was s**t against Sydney last year, when it mattered most. And GHS has done everything he possibly could, and more, to earn his spot.

I don't mind GHS being selected, he looked good enough in JLT.
We always like and always think GHS will come good, he never does... the only time we should play him is at the end of the H&A season in games that don't matter so we can up his currency in the trade period. He'll always be our barometer.

Cowan selected over Menegola, Thurlow and Lang. The match committee and coaches must be smoking pot. Simple as that.

Not even pot will cause such silly decision making. Pretty sure they are on acid.

They've lost the plot and I no longer believe "the club knows best". Their selections week after week disadvantage us before the ball is bounced and are proved to be incorrect time after time.

Cowan, 3 rucks, no mid depth... FFS.

It's Freo V Dangerwood

Bobby is on an anti Mackie crusade.....anything positive said is quickly shot down. Personally, I don't agree with him.,,he deserves his spot.

Whether he maintains form throughout the season though is open to conjecture.

Quality ball user which with Thurlow out is crucial at half back. Like all vets the way he will get into good areas defensively and just organize a defensive group that has played very little football together you need that in the team in my eyes. I could handle him being out if they picked thurlow and said your the man now go do your thing. Alas not even close to happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back