Preview Round 1: GWS vs Essendon, Sydney Showgrounds, Sunday 24/03/2019 @ 3.20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should be more excited by now, but I really don't have much of an edge to me. Bizarre.
Same. Thought it may have been because I've stopped listening to SEN, so my only source of footy news comes from this board (given up completely on the wider footy media). Perhaps our JLT performances have affected my mental state more than I realised :drunk:

I think the absolute bog average JLT performances coupled with the Joey D injury has led to a somewhat deflating build up to be perfectly honest.
Even when the players were suspended going into a new season I was at least intrigued to see how we would fair. So far I'm a bit......meh.

Maybe it's me and it's been a long 5 months.

I think the absolute bog average JLT performances coupled with the Joey D injury has led to a somewhat deflating build up to be perfectly honest.
Even when the players were suspended going into a new season I was at least intrigued to see how we would fair. So far I'm a bit......meh.

I feel the exact same way. In saying that though my excitement could be easily changed with a good performance in round 1. :p

Nail, hit, head.

That's just it I reckon.

I'll feel better once Saad screams down the wing and slots one after a 100m run

I've been so focussed on cricket and winning the flag there (and it happened, yay), that when I turned around today and realised that it starts in 2 days I was like "Woah."

I'm excited - but it's tempered by the fact that I'll be playing a praccy match at exactly the same time and will have to watch the replay and rely on the kayo 'don't show me the score' setting.
Also, must stay away from the matchday thread... Good advice in general (apart from Velvets bit).
Go dons, reckon it will be close.

I'm excited - but it's tempered by the fact that I'll be playing a praccy match at exactly the same time and will have to watch the replay and rely on the kayo 'don't show me the score' setting.
Also, must stay away from the matchday thread... Good advice in general (apart from Velvets bit).
Go dons, reckon it will be close.
I've just finished writing it now, hohoho

I’m not as excited as usual because our preparation has me expecting another slow start. I’m actually glad we’re playing on Sunday so that I can enjoy the other games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just nervous because we should be good, but probably won't be.

Any excitement for the actual football outside your team?
I'm going to the Tigers/Blues match and couldn't be more excited that footy is back. In fact for a first round we have some super exciting matches to look forward to. There are so many teams i want to watch it's almost inconsequential how we play on Sunday, it's a long year.

Any excitement for the actual football outside your team?
I'm going to the Tigers/Blues match and couldn't be more excited that footy is back. In fact for a first round we have some super exciting matches to look forward to. There are so many teams i want to watch it's almost inconsequential how we play on Sunday, it's a long year.
No doubt I'm excited about footy being back generally, I can't wait for tomorrow night. I think my lack of excitement about us is possibly more apprehension??

I don’t even think we’ll have to play that well to win. We match up well with them, they haven’t run defensively or guarded space that well ever, which will allow McKenna and Saad to have a lot of influence even if we lose the midfield like I expect we will.

It’s going to come down to which forward line fires and with Stringer and Tippa in good touch I think we’ll be able to hit the scoreboard with relative ease. Cameron doesn’t really have that good a record against us, the last time he kicked more than two in a game against us was 2013. Though the six-six-six setup will help him.

Last edited:
I'm just nervous because we should be good, but probably won't be.

Expectations are very high something the team has struggled with for years I just hope the team didn't give themselves a pat on the back last year. the team should be filthy on not playing finals regardless of winning 10 out of the last 14.

Stewart has a groin injury (just reported on AFL tonight) so it looks like our set up will be Mckernan, Brown and Stringer - what most people had thought anyway.

I’ve been far more focussed on Eth’s cricket final (they won by the way) myself. Forgot about the game.
Don't deny that you didn't enjoy what happened after mate.

Although our JLT form was poor, i'm starting to feel more confident about this game.
The fact is our team is stronger than last year and GWS's side is weaker.
Moreover, if you actually look at the back end of last season:

In their last 10 games the Giants defeated the following sides;
- Richmond by 2
- Power by 22
- Saints by 25
- Carlton by 105
- Adelaide by 13
- Sydney by 49

Defeating Richmond is a good achievement but as we know the Tigers are susceptible on the road.

Lost to the following sides
- Sydney by 20
- Melb by 40
- Collingwood by 10
- West coast by 11

As you can see, maybe the Giants simply aren't as good as some believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back