Round 1 Vs Sydney GAMEDAY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet to see the St Kilda game, first game was pretty meh. Forward line still looks a massive problem. Team I would go with.

B: Morris Cordy Dureya
HB: Daniel wood crozier
C : hunter libba Macrae
Hf: Lloyd Naughton Williams
F: Wallis Schache gowers
R: Trengove Bont Dunkley
Int: English suckling Richards Smith
Emg: Dickson Hayes lipinski

Have a feeling I might be missing someone.

Think we need to play the two rucks, Naughton can swing back if need be but Schache needs another tall with him and not a lumbering ruckman.

Really want to see Dickson Greene and cavarra show some strong form in the vfl and get into our forward line
Hard to argue with most of that

Don't think Duryea should play as yet, would rather we play our own kids first then see where he fits in

Spot on with the VFL forwards, we looked alot better late in the season when Greene came into the team and started hitting up and gave us some structure. We don't have enough guys who hit up and present, I'd say the only ones who do so regularly on our list would be Schache, Dickson, Lloyd and Greene. Gotta be an alternative to the long bomb/high marking types like Gowers and Bont.

Yet to see the St Kilda game, first game was pretty meh. Forward line still looks a massive problem. Team I would go with.

B: Morris Cordy Dureya
HB: Daniel wood crozier
C : hunter libba Macrae
Hf: Lloyd Naughton Williams
F: Wallis Schache gowers
R: Trengove Bont Dunkley
Int: English suckling Richards Smith
Emg: Dickson Hayes lipinski

Have a feeling I might be missing someone.

Think we need to play the two rucks, Naughton can swing back if need be but Schache needs another tall with him and not a lumbering ruckman.

Really want to see Dickson Greene and cavarra show some strong form in the vfl and get into our forward line
Yep, you missed McLean.

What's the latest on Boyd? The new rules favor him and that would allow naughton to go back... also was impressed with lloyd. We now have 3 blokes in our forward line who are excellent kicks at goal (schache, lloyd, dickson) and have removed the worst in dahlhaus.

How likely is Johannisen to play as I checked the AFL website and according to the injury lists Johannisen looks like he is a chance to play?
He was interviewed at the game yesterday and he said "some time in the first few rounds" - which could mean half a season, who knows?

What's the latest on Boyd? The new rules favor him and that would allow naughton to go back... also was impressed with lloyd. We now have 3 blokes in our forward line who are excellent kicks at goal (schache, lloyd, dickson) and have removed the worst in dahlhaus.

Won't be back in full training until just before the bye. If we go to the break better than 50/50 win-loss, then his return will be very welcome in the run home towards finals. Can he have the 2016 influence in the back end?

He was interviewed at the game yesterday and he said "some time in the first few rounds" - which could mean half a season, who knows?
Some ducks and drakes hopefully. I wouldn't discount a sneaky round 1 return...

As Dunstall reminded everyone with regularity yesterday this capacity did not transfer to AFL football for whatever reason.
He has kicked pretty straight last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes irrelevant pre AFL stats. Schache has kicked 40.35 in his career. Not terrible but not excellent by any stretch of the imagination (i.e. like Dickson).

He’s also kicked it OOF with basic howlers which he did a number of times last year and did again yesterday.

It is probably a confidence thing and I do think he can turn it around and become excellent but if he continues as he has he most decidedly cannot be classified as an “excellent kick” without some serious delusion.

If we once again attempt to go into this season, particularly given the rule changes, with one ruckman, and again using mids as gap fillers, we will be extremely fortunate to win even one game. Bevo needs to accept, no matter how much it rubs him the wrong way, that the no third-man-up rule, means that for our old game plan to succeed with just one genuine ruck, you need to go out and draft Superman. And taking a key position player out of the structure to fill in, likely makes our forward or defence systems far less efficient/effective. And all the opposition coaches will look to exploit those weakened periods to our disadvantage.

If we once again attempt to go into this season, particularly given the rule changes, with one ruckman, and again using mids as gap fillers, we will be extremely fortunate to win even one game. Bevo needs to accept, no matter how much it rubs him the wrong way, that the no third-man-up rule, means that for our old game plan to succeed with just one genuine ruck, you need to go out and draft Superman. And taking a key position player out of the structure to fill in, likely makes our forward or defence systems far less efficient/effective. And all the opposition coaches will look to exploit those weakened periods to our disadvantage.

Fully agree

For many years we have robbed Peter to pay Paul
We desperately need to structure up

The team I'd like to see run out in round 1...

B: Wood Naughton Morris
HB: Williams Cordy Crozier
C: Hunter Bont Maclean
HF: Lloyd English Wallis
F: Gowers Schache Dickson
R: Trengove Libba Macrae

INT: Daniel, Suckling, Richards, Dunkley

What he did in the U18s is irrelevant. He’s playing AFL footy now.

He’s young and has plenty of improvement in him, however there is no way on earth he can currently be labelled ‘an excellent kick’.

Nope, you don't erase your attributes once drafted. He was rated as an elite shot for goal in TAC and continues to be an excellent exponent. You can react to a miss-kick or a skill error. I'll continue looking at the wider picture and evidence.

The team I'd like to see run out in round 1...

B: Wood Naughton Morris
HB: Williams Cordy Crozier
C: Hunter Bont Maclean
HF: Lloyd English Wallis
F: Gowers Schache Dickson
R: Trengove Libba Macrae

INT: Daniel, Suckling, Richards, Dunkley

Great side. We need speed against the Swans, so the one change I would suggest here is to play one ruckman and insert a runner (B. Smith or JJ, if fit). Trengove will most likely make way, in preference for English.

Nope, you don't erase your attributes once drafted. He was rated as an elite shot for goal in TAC and continues to be an excellent exponent. You can react to a miss-kick or a skill error. I'll continue looking at the wider picture and evidence.
Once you play seniors the man on the mark is much better at waiving his arms about and putting off the kicker :p

So conservative has our team become.
They are now so boring to watch.
What happened to caution to the wind of 2015.
Are we going to play safe all year and finish
15th.
Personally l would be ruthless and try something new.
Like give English 11 games as first ruck
like you did with Ayce.Back him in .The worst thing that can happen is he'll become a better footballer.
Trengrove is stop gap nothing more IMO.
Play Fergus Greene and Cavarra as soon as they show form.As they give us x factor.
Aka Lynch and hopefully Vandermeer and Khanis come on.
I will be unpopular all year as l keep repeating Suckling ,Crozier , Trengrove and now Durea are only back ups.Or stop gaps.
If they play , we are not progressing.
I would love to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back