Game Day Round 10: Collingwood v Carlton, Sunday 21 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TD, the better we are playing, the less confidence you seem to have.

Relax. We are a great team. Stop worrying and pick us every week. Seasons as good as this are a rarity - even better than last year - so enjoy the ride.

Spot on.

Where this season ends up, who bloody knows.

But we've all been round long enough to know that you simply have to enjoy the ride.

The old saying about the journey being better than the destination.

Still trying to understand why Carmichael isn’t even named in the extended squad. Dominating in the VFL & hitting the scoreboard hard. At some stage the kid will get disheartened.

I'm sure the coaches are in constant communication with him. In reality, getting named in the extended squad is meaningless anyway if you're not going to get picked. Carmy's time will come, he's an injury or 2 to a midfielder from earning another crack. All he can do is keep getting 25-30 touches plus a couple of snags each week.

Imagine the melts on here if we drop it. No doubt some panic merchants would be calling us pretenders who can't win the flag.

I'm personally expecting Carlton to get up, but it doesn't change my thoughts on our premiership chances

We lost to West Coast last year and still got to the Prelim lol

Based on what? Form?

Nope

Nothing more than a hunch based on the whole "backs to the wall" bullshit that tends to happen when teams get belted in the media.

Tale as old as time really.

Nope

Nothing more than a hunch based on the whole "backs to the wall" bullshit that tends to happen when teams get belted in the media.

Tale as old as time really.
I remember in 97 and 98 we thumped North Melbourne when they were a powerhouse and they actually played in the GF in 98 and we didn't make the top eight. It happens all the time.

I think we will really make a statement on sunday, it's the pies by 31 points.
I think you're right.

All this "backs against the wall" bullshit about Carlton, seems to indicate we don't have any say in the outcome.

We've had to deal with fired up teams before, probably more than any other club, and we find a way to win, why should this be any different?

I've heard Fly mention "arch rivals" a couple times this week, and I feel that he's put this game down as a statement game, as manicpie mentioned. They came real close to beating us both times we met last year, so what better occasion to announce how far we've come than with a dominant win over the scum.

Who takes C Curnow?
Think you guys will get home comfortably- very unfortunately for us😪

I think you're right.

All this "backs against the wall" bullshit about Carlton, seems to indicate we don't have any say in the outcome.

We've had to deal with fired up teams before, probably more than any other club, and we find a way to win, why should this be any different?

I've heard Fly mention "arch rivals" a couple times this week, and I feel that he's put this game down as a statement game, as manicpie mentioned. They came real close to beating us both times we met last year, so what better occasion to announce how far we've come than with a dominant win over the scum.
I'm hoping we take an absolutely no mercy approach to this game. I would love nothing more than watch the Blue supporters starting to walk out at half time 😂 🙏

I think you're right.

we are also much better balanced with Cameron coming in. A tall target in the forward line between him and Cox would enhance the chances of the other forwards to become more dangerous. Curnow and McKay are not going to mark every inside 50 ball they have so it just gives an even better chance of killing them on the turnovers. Carlton will at times quiver because of our slick ball movement and will try to go Curnow in a desperate attempt to beat us, plays right into our hands

We'd be a defender short without Markov.

But I'd add WHE and McCreery as potential forwards as sub.

We aren’t necessarily a defender short without markov as we have plenty of experienced swing men to move back there….. crisp, WHE, Pendlebury for example. WHE is arguably surplus to requirements forward with Cameron coming in, so moving him back into markovs spot has merit.

I still think a small forward will most likely be sub, possibly Ginnivan, but wouldn’t rule markov out. Fly has clearly stated he wants to rotate the sub, and that’s perhaps why Ginni won’t be, having done that just a few games back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back