VFL Round 10 - Port Melbourne vs Collingwood at North Port Oval (Pies WON 124-87, Coxy kicked 6!)

Remove this Banner Ad

'pies site now giving Hellier's goal to Mayne making it a bag of 5 in the summary, although they still write he kicked 4 in the article

View attachment 385223

It'll be an interesting week at the selection table. Mayne may be in for a recall but i'd prefer he keeps stringing together some good games first. Given we have zero small defenders Ramsay may get back in too.

Hang on. Kingy, browny, piggy, healy, robbo, and the rest of them say its no good for team balance. Cox could of kicked 16 today he wont get a sniff of senior footy next week
Why not hey? He big unit, obviously can kick straight, hel in the ruck... still developing - obvious... but maybe an accelerated development program given where we at.. Doesn't work... at least good for international relations

There should be enough players who have put up their hand to fill the spots that have suddenly made themselves available in the seniors

We would be able to tell for certain, if only lukem and the cheapskates in charge at the club would #bringbackthevflreplay...

We would be able to tell for certain, if only lukem and the cheapskates in charge at the club would #bringbackthevflreplay...

Nothing but backyarders MB if we don't get a replay this week.

I know for a fact South Melbourne SC streams games on face book midweek and the f@%*in "Manchester United" of the AFL can't replay/stream a VFL game.

#bringbackthevflreplay

Nothing but backyarders MB if we don't get a replay this week.

I know for a fact South Melbourne SC streams games on face book midweek and the f@%*in "Manchester United" of the AFL can't replay/stream a VFL game.

#bringbackthevflreplay

Just what is it that they spend their money on...?

Just what is it that they spend their money on...?

NFI mate........by the way thanks for the updates.

Didn't read them until after the AFL game but I still can't comprehend why we played at the same time.

#bringbackthevflreplay

NFI mate........by the way thanks for the updates.

Didn't read them until after the AFL game but I still can't comprehend why we played at the same time.

#bringbackthevflreplay

The VFL have given an answer, of sorts, to that question...

Either they've just thrown Port Melbourne under the bus, or the Borough really didn't want the extra gate takings...

The VFL have given an answer, of sorts, to that question...

Either they've just thrown Port Melbourne under the bus, or the Borough really didn't want the extra gate takings...

We couldn't play them last Saturday?

Nope. Our club fights tooth, nail, bones and blood for a dual mid-season bye. It's about the only request they do make. And the neurotics in the sports science department would unleash a hurricane of piss if they ever changed it...

I'm fine with both teams having the weekend off together mid-year (it's a long season), but there is simply no logical reason why this match could not have played tomorrow, based on what we know...

Allowing for queen's birthday (Casey), ANZAC weekend (Essendon), the state game and our bye there's 12 Saturday's that would not have clashed. It's a cop out by the VFL if I've ever seen one.

It'll be an interesting week at the selection table. Mayne may be in for a recall but i'd prefer he keeps stringing together some good games first. Given we have zero small defenders Ramsay may get back in too.
I'm big on making blokes demand selection by stringing games together, the club not so much. Mayne's had a few good weeks in a row now firstly up on the wing and then 2 weeks forward where he's getting good returns. Great timing for blokes to put their hands up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the things the solid VFL win demonstrates is that our team has a deep medium talent list.
We do bat deep for medium level talent.

But....

To push to the higher places on the ladder we require more A grade talent and elite level talent.

Hence why players like Wells and Elliot are so VITAL to our team.

So we must hope some of younger newer VFL talent can decimetre A grade AFL players.

If not medium we shall be
I was missing Wells at FF yesterday. He would have made all the difference.

Nope. Our club fights tooth, nail, bones and blood for a dual mid-season bye. It's about the only request they do make. And the neurotics in the sports science department would unleash a hurricane of piss if they ever changed it...

I'm fine with both teams having the weekend off together mid-year (it's a long season), but there is simply no logical reason why this match could not have played tomorrow, based on what we know...

and God I hate the Dual Bye

Does anyone else think Thomas should be promoted?

He is a good kick and for me an upgrade dare I say it on Levi

I really didnt understand the reason Scharenberg was dropped. The guy needs continuity in his football, he is a skilled user of the ball on either foot that can create play from HB. Just a stupid decision. Surely he plays this week.
I get the feeling, if Bucks was to finish this year, he is one guy that would benefit.

Scharenberg and Cox will come into the side for mine.

Haha Schaz is way too good for VFL he needs to be in the seniors and have the reigns taken off him. They seem to making him play a different role at AFL level to his usual VFL game. More accountable less of a quarter back at afl level.

Hows the slap to the AFL selectors there in the VFL tweet love it!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back