Review Round 11, 2020 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond with a few out. Our outs may or may not level that up. Cannot go in to a massive final carrying a few of those guys. Goalkicking will be out undoing at some stage as it always is. Otherwise a decent win.

I'm still very unconvinced about Farrell.

Aside from Sutcliffe out for Rozee, I'm happy if we go with no changes based on that performance but if we don't, Farrell is first out for mine. Not quite there yet as an AFL footballer.

Also saying it's an * season.
It's all because Port are Top and they have not one a game ... LOL

It is absolutely an * season, lets be real.

In 2017, Richmond played Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval and beat us in a tightly contested affair. At the time, Richmond fans said that if they won that game, they would win the flag.

In 2020, Port Adelaide returned the favour. I know they had players out, but it's not about who was playing...it's about the style of football that was on display. Assertive and aggressive, but not reckless, kicks that take the game on and keep the opposition defence on the back foot. Players that played with the intensity that is required to win flags.

This was our Essendon 2001 game. The game where a team knows whether or not it has an extra gear to go to for finals, or whether they have to rely on everything going right - we missed so many shots at goal that it could have affected our composure and attitude to the contest, but it didn't.

We're starting to build at the right time.

Sutcliffe was poor, and would be surprised if he keeps his spot
Farrell has this habit of turning up in fits and starts, not one of his better games, even if the f50 pressure was great.
Georgiades competed, but wasnt his night
Lienert didnt have one of his better games
Lycett worked into it int he second half, but didnt have a huge impact
Good to see Robbie return to form

Rest were great

That was epic. Full credit to the boys and well done to the 9000 Port fans, were loud as hell.

It was a great game to be down in the cheap seats.

Haha - Dwayne Russell is trending on Twitter for his Port fanboi antics :)

Like every VFL team doesn’t have a cheerleader in the commentary team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiges too mesmorised by our Woodcock and Dixon. They really needed to pull their fingers out of their arse with a scoreless last quarter. If only cotch was playing to group the boys together ;)

Could even say it was a testi(ng) game for them, we could of had a bonner and cox playing aswell......

Cheap post but for austerity...

Port vs The Cholesters.

To Ports credit they didn’t go in too cocksure there was just no point in enticing Richmonds hard nuts. It was a hard and firm contest, Richmond grabbed any chance they got And poked and prodded our weaknesses all night and if we were even the slightest bit soft around the ball they were able to take the game with both hands and really make us pay in the back half.

Thought they gave a lot of attention to Dixon and tried to smother Woodcock. Hinckley had warned our runner Tyson Goldsack to steer clear of Richmonds huddle and I’m truely glad he did for his sake. I wanna give a shout out to our recruiters for not going after Sidebottom, I reckon he would of been stretched far to wide in this game and been far too loose for the rest of the season.

I think it’s admirable of the Reacharound Football club to reinstate their 19 year vice patron Cardinal Pell and bring him back into an game day roll. Not to sure if the role emphasis’s the word “vice” too much or the club and players have taken it completely out of context. I’m sure his influence and experience will leave a sour taste in the oppositions mouth for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back