Review Round 11, 2020 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

SPP and Butters have shifted gears this season. Amon had already reached another level last season but he's continued that. SPP has been doing exactly what we all knew he could do. Butters was Robbies little pet pick and it's really starting to become obvious why. He's a freak. Fast, courageous and skillful. Nobody i'd rather see mentoring him that the Earl.

Oliver Wines showing he still knows how to football was the highlight. He was pivotal.

Not a Wines fan because of his now very long period of extremely poor football. That game was big. Its in our best interests he plays well both for our side, and if he leaves at the end of the year.

Great game! The most hyped I've been in a long time. Ladhams was huge. Rocky, Boak, Robbie and Butters. Amazing game from them all

A few things we need to work on. Richmond got over the back far too often and too easily from kick ins and clearance wins in our back half, it could have cost us. Hopefully the coaches go back and work on that.

Goal kicking again. Charlie and Farrell would have had to carry a lot of the blame if we had blown it.

Good to get this one after getting smashed by Brisbane. I feel like we have taken some lessons from that gane, especially with our clearance set ups. Rocky has been a major reason for this improvement.

Now a tough one against Geelong but a couple extra days rest hopefully we can back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, what a fantastic win.

The first three quarters were frustrating. We killed them in the middle, surged the ball forward, pressured really well. But almost everytime they got the ball out and past half way, we'd concede a goal from the goal square, usually with one of our defenders falling over or bumping into each other. We were doing OK but it felt like 'one of those games'.

But that last quarter. That's what Port Adelaide football looks like. A ruthless domination. No easy ball for the opposition. Hitting them hard and letting them know you mean business.

Boak was unbelievable again. Gray, Wines, Rockliff and Butters all played absolute blinders. Ladhams, what a find. Amon solid as a rock. Our midfield has not played that well against a quality opposition in many years.

It's still one week at a time for me but this team has a ceiling higher than previous years, that's becoming apparent.

Was behind the goals at the southern end. Was sticking it into Lynch every chance I got for what a dirty dog player he is. I know he heard too.

Reiwoldt shrugged his shoulders at the crowd after that Dustin throw, he knew it was a throw lmao

I don’t think we were ruthless enough.... but we are getting there...
The word is BUILDING. You don't have to be at your best in round 11, but if this rate of improvement continues, we'll be bloody hard to beat come the first final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back