Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

There seems to be some doom and gloom going on in here. Maybe it's just some post game angst. But in reality we should be very proud of our boys and the coaching staff.

A massive injury list. 6 player who have played less than 10 games. Multiple 6 day breaks. Playing interstate. Losing 2 more players during the game.

Yet despite all this, we didn't lose.

And we haven't lost for 8 weeks.

This team is capable.

There seems to be some doom and gloom going on in here. Maybe it's just some post game angst. But in reality we should be very proud of our boys and the coaching staff.

A massive injury list. 6 player who have played less than 10 games. Multiple 6 day breaks. Playing interstate. Losing 2 more players during the game.

This team is capable.
This is why you are President of Hardistan.

This team is capable.
The only anger I have is for the incompetent umpire who paid that free.
Should be sacked.

Unfortunate, is putting it mildly.
Nicholls should be held accountable for that.
Dropped from umpiring for a period of weeks - just as players are generally held accountable for their worst mistakes.
He should also be investigated for any signs of misconduct.
He directly changed the outcome of the game.
This is the worst decision I have ever seen.

I went tonight and I am struggling to watch our game anymore. It has turned into netball and all about the umpiring. I said to my son in the 1st quarter that Umpire No:26 will determine this game and that he did. He made some absolute ridiculous calls tonight. Some when he wasn't even near the play. You could just see he was on a mission to over rule and make a statement out there. I can't believe these guys aren't accountable for their actions or lack of ability.

Agree. The umpires are determining games with the most ridiculous calls. Why would you make a call like that, at that stage of the game? The quicker these umpires realise the game is not about them, the better.
Talk about deflating and destroying a game of football in the space of a few seconds.
Freo may have kicked a goal from the stoppage, but at least that would be through proper play in the game. Not be handed a goal by the most ridiculous free kick. How many times, when the ball goes out of bounce, a player just tosses the ball to the ground, or throws it back wide of the boundary umpire. Or when an umpire calls for a bounce, and the player just leaves the ball on the ground. Are those now going to be called free kicks during this round? What a dkhead precedent that moron has set for the remainder of this round!!!!
I'm so pissed off, because these umps are making the game hard to watch. They miss so many free kicks during the game then go and pull out a ridiculous free like that at a vital part of the game, that just destroys the whole game. What a precious little runt Nicholls is, he wasn't handed the ball to his hand.
Imagine a team losing a premiership with a decision like that, fk me dead!!!

Last edited:
I'd like to see footage of every stoppage Nicholls was involved with in the game.

If he chose to pay that free in the last six minutes and let it go the rest of the game then there is something seriously wrong

Well every time he umpires, he has to pay a free kick if he isn't handed the ball now to his precious little hands. Talk about hijacking a game of footy.
I really hope the club is on the phone to the AFL this week, and lodge a "what the fk"..!!!!!

Last edited:
We ****ed ourselves over by going into our shell with 10 mins left.

As soon as the backs started chipping to each other you just knew this would happen.

They did that because they had one fully fit guy on the bench, and a one armed Pendles. Plus 5 or 6 guys with under 10 games experience. It would have been stupid not to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did that because they had one fully fit guy on the bench, and a one armed Pendles. Plus 5 or 6 guys with under 10 games experience. It would have been stupid not to.

In the aftermath, we really weren't expected to win this game, with the inexperience we went into the game with, coming off a 6 day break, playing a nearly full strength Freo on their home patch.
I wouldn't have been surprised if we lost that game yesterday by 3 or 4 goals, so l was prepared for that, so to see how the game unfolded, we cant be nothing more, but proud of the way we played last night. Then losing Checkers and Cox during the game, and two rotations down, was a magnificent effort.
We made a couple of turnover errors in the last few minutes, which we should have played differently, but that's how we play when required, to run the clock down. We are the masters of doing that, unfortunately at the moment we can't hold a lead, which is frustrating to watch.
Anyway we are winning/drawing games with a depleted side, so l take it as a real positive, that when we start getting players back, maybe a shrewd drafting of a player or two in the MSD, and we are going to be very difficult to beat, plus we have injected a few very good players into the side this year in Richards, Harrison, and Sullivan, in particular....🏆B2B🏆

Very proud of the boys effort last night. With a third of the team with less than 10 games, on Freo’s home deck we have come away with 2 points.

It should have been 4 if it wasn’t for that bullshit call against Sullivan, the AFL will be working the phones this morning to make sure similar calls are made in all other games this weekend so it doesn’t stand out as the shit call that it was.

In the end we just ran out of personnel, with Billy having to be moved forward for the last 5 minutes hurt our defence.

Let’s hope that Cox can get up for next week, if not Freddy might be next man up.

Exciting times - can’t wait to see what we can do when we get the full band back together.

Go Pies!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really want to love Schultz but he's showing nothing offensively.

Richards and HH have gone past him with a bullet in the space of 3 weeks.
It's time for Schultz to stop feeling sorry for himself. He seems to have the world on his shoulders but he should be more professional than that. Up until last night I thought he'd been ok but he had quite a few poor efforts

or running too far in the last minute of the game?

Couldn't help it...I'll see myself out.
If it makes you feel any better, you wouldn’t have kicked a goal anyway.
This one made sure he did.
Both decisions were correct btw.
Bye

I’ve never yelled at the TV that much, but the commentary tonight was utterly deplorable, I’ve never gotten that annoyed and some of the utter crap they were spewing

Luke Hodge takes the cake. All he did was cry when something went against Freo, he was essentially just a supporter for them all night. It's amateur hour. Cannot wait for the option of having Fri nights on Fox next season.

This team is capable.
Yep 99% beat North so even go 2-1 and be 8-2-4 at the bye and anything could happen.
52 pts gets you in so need to go 6-6
Top 4 = probably 64 or 60 and % so need 8-4 at a minimum.
Still have to play dees×2 essendon Carlton swans Geelong even suns on gc no gimmie so need to find a way next 2 weeks to hold the fort till reinforcements arrive

Ginni wouldn’t be getting a spot in this side.

He barely was last year, Harrison and Richards have gone past him.

Yeah, let's forget Ginni. He's yesterday's news and irrelevant.

The issue for Shoota is that HH and Richo have gone past him. If they maintain their form and he doesn't improve, then he'll be playing ressies upon Elliotts return in a months time.

You guys were robbed. Umpire Nichols obviously was annoyed at Sidebottom 3 minutes earlier so he pulled rank next chance he got:

Look at his attitude there, no wonder he paid that ridiculous one, because he had to bend over and pickup the ball himself. That is ridiculous, an umpire taking an opportunity because he was annoyed. Well done Nicholls, got your little bit of authority back because your ego got a little dented....

In the aftermath, we really weren't expected to win this game, with the inexperience we went into the game with, coming off a 6 day break, playing a nearly full strength Freo on their home patch.
I wouldn't have been surprised if we lost that game yesterday by 3 or 4 goals, so l was prepared for that, so to see how the game unfolded, we cant be nothing more, but proud of the way we played last night. Then losing Checkers and Cox during the game, and two rotations down, was a magnificent effort.
We made a couple of turnover errors in the last few minutes, which we should have played differently, but that's how we play when required, to run the clock down. We are the masters of doing that, unfortunately at the moment we can't hold a lead, which is frustrating to watch.
Anyway we are winning/drawing games with a depleted side, so l take it as a real positive, that when we start getting players back, maybe a shrewd drafting of a player or two in the MSD, and we are going to be very difficult to beat, plus we have injected a few very good players into the side this year in Richards, Harrison, and Sullivan, in particular....🏆B2B🏆

Not sure why we aren't mentioning a clearly one armed Pendles for the last quarter too. That was probably the biggest loss as he couldn't catch the ball or pick it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back