VFL Round 12 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park (Pies WON 78-68! Replay post 420, page 17)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a Fan of Kennedy and I think he should be getting a Game at AFL Level.

Magpie Girl and MeisterBot have there Reservations that he is not a AFL Player

Bit of difference thinking he's not yet AFL ready as opposed to not AFL capable.

It could get to the stage where we have no choice. We are one injury away from having serious problems in defence.

Marsh, Sinclair, Moore, Seedsman, Scharenberg would all be in the discussions about defensive spots if someone needed to step up, possibly even Manteit and Goodyear. I also doubt the club has given up the ghost on Reid returning at some stage. Therefore doubt we'll be forced to play Scharenberg before the club deems him ready.

It's a little hard to do that when you aren't ever given a full game.

Piffle! An opportunity is an opportunity is an opportunity irrespective of it being a full game or as a sub. All a sub has to do is make an impact. Look at Blair last week, 8-9 possessions and a goal in a quarter. Look at Gia at the Doggies, had an impact nearly every time he was introduced. Kennedy won't force a guy out of the senior side who is doing his job or playing good footy so he needs to just take these opportunities when they come about.

Piffle! An opportunity is an opportunity is an opportunity irrespective of it being a full game or as a sub. All a sub has to do is make an impact. Look at Blair last week, 8-9 possessions and a goal in a quarter. Look at Gia at the Doggies, had an impact nearly every time he was introduced. Kennedy won't force a guy out of the senior side who is doing his job or playing good footy so he needs to just take these opportunities when they come about.
Lol, you're so full of it when it comes to this topic. Kennedy came in against Melbourne, had 9 disposals, 4 clearances and 3 score involvements. He was arguably the difference maker in the centre in a game where we were being absolutely smashed in the middle. He was put in the vest again the next week. Argue the point till you go blue in the face buddy, but The only thing Blair did that BK didn't as sub was kick straighter at goal.

Lol, you're so full of it when it comes to this topic. Kennedy came in against Melbourne, had 9 disposals, 4 clearances and 3 score involvements. He was arguably the difference maker in the centre in a game where we were being absolutely smashed in the middle. He was put in the vest again the next week. Argue the point till you go blue in the face buddy, but The only thing Blair did that BK didn't as sub was kick straighter at goal.

Yep, good effort against the Dees allowed him a game the next week and he followed up his good game with a 3-4 possession next to no impact game against GWS and was dropped. Just reinforces my point, make an impact when you get an opportunity and further opportunities will follow. I don't know why you struggle to grasp such a simple concept... maybe if I type slower ;)

I think fitness is diminishing as an issue. Problem for BK is that the incumbents are playing good footy so where does he fit in. The issue is the Sub rule but even then I think if offered a choice between playing 4 quarters of VFL and wearing the green vest he'd opt for the vest every time. It at least provides him with a senior opportunity to show his wares irrespective of how limited that opportunity is.

I think hes a forward, personally. Hes going to have to force Fasolo Blair or Elliott out. Perhaps when we play a combined Grundy/Witts lineup he could push White out also. None of the above are likely any time soon, so if he gets a senior game it will be "out of position" as a tall midfielder.

EDIT!!!!

Sorry,I was talking about PK not BK.

BK is too small but he wil get his chance. Hes a midfielder

Yep, good effort against the Dees allowed him a game the next week and he followed up his good game with a 3-4 possession next to no impact game against GWS and was dropped. Just reinforces my point, make an impact when you get an opportunity and further opportunities will follow. I don't know why you struggle to grasp such a simple concept... maybe if I type slower ;)
Every other player this season has been given a full game after making an impact as the sub. BK is literally the only player who has been in the vest in successive weeks. Take your blinkers off sunshine, he got the raw end of the stick after the Melbourne game. The only person struggling to grasp a simple concept here is you, with your stubborn refusal to accept the match committee may have been harsh on a particular player after his initial outstanding performance as the sub.

Every other player this season has been given a full game after making an impact as the sub. BK is literally the only player who has been in the vest in successive weeks. Take your blinkers off sunshine, he got the raw end of the stick after the Melbourne game. The only person struggling to grasp a simple concept here is you, with your stubborn refusal to accept the match committee may have been harsh on a particular player after his initial outstanding performance as the sub.

Me, stubborn. Nahhhh!

I'm yet to see anything from Kennedy bemoaning his lack of opportunity or expressing his outrage at being shafted at selection. It appears to be footy forum posters who are aggrieved as though they themselves have been slighted. I'm sure he's grateful you're carrying the banner for him but it means 3/5 of FA come selection time. If that's harsh, so be it but I can't see the AFL allowing us to run more than the prescribed 22 into any game just so BK gets a run thus appeasing irate bloggers.

And for the record, I did say that BK was stiff to lose his spot for the Freo game but with Blair returning someone had to go. Your affront at that decision noted.

Not sure why we have to assume it's the selection committees fault for Kennedy being the Sub, you make your own luck in life and he should be giving them no option but to play him starting 18.. and if that's a better tank or more defensive running then he just has to do it

The other thing that annoys about Ben Ken is he is an elite kick with a beautiful kicking action

until he hits the seniors

Then it's like someone turned the sprinkler on a hot day, he hasn't found his composure at the highest level yet

Looking at the replay now, and my word Scharenberg does appear to have progressed. Much more physical in his approach and looking less fatigued later in the game. A senior taste may well be on the cards soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the replay now, and my word Scharenberg does appear to have progressed. Much more physical in his approach and looking less fatigued later in the game. A senior taste may well be on the cards soon.
First quarter was the best he's looked all year, went very quiet in the second and third but ran the game out well.
Still think he needs to dominate a game or at least be in the top 3 players for us to earn a debut.
From the weekend's game I'd have Kenno, Young, The Big Show, Sinclair and Marsh comfortably ahead of him.

This makes me excited ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back