Preview Round 13 - Essendon Bombers vs Carlton Blues - Sunday, June 11th - 7:15 pm - For The Emblem!!!

* Carlton?

• * Carlton!

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • * Carlton!

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon this is the first time ever I look at all 8 emergencies and I genuinely couldn’t say with any certainty which will play and which will not.

Let alone pick the 4 + sub correctly

Was there a report about this?
No just something from behind the scenes. Has been playing with foot soreness. Still in so looks like he will play through it.

Reckon this is the first time ever I look at all 8 emergencies and I genuinely couldn’t say with any certainty which will play and which will not.

Let alone pick the 4 + sub correctly

I agree! Those that played last week in Hind, Menzie, Snelling & Phillips all contributed. As did Massimo who was SUB - he deserves a full game I believe.
But Kelly was picked every week before concussed, it would be fantastic to see Wanga get a run & Bryan might be suited by this game...

My guess;

Wright in for Shiel (forward line goes tall, Caldwell, Hobbs, Perkins spend more time in the midfield)
Kelly possibly in for Hind/D'Ambrosio
Snelling, Menzie, Flip retain their spots
Tex is probably an emergency to reward his good form, but I don't think he plays. Snelling and Menzie keep their spots.

It would be weird to play two tall forwards and two rucks, but we've done it twice before (R1 and R4) and it's even weirder to have two rucks as emergency. If we do that then most likely one of the four talls gets subbed off – Weid and Draper are apparently both playing sore so I'd guess one of those.

As for the sub vest, in R1 we had Walla as the sub, i.e. we swapped a small for a tall in the forward line. In R4 Heppell was the sub, he came on pretty early as Weideman was concussed. Hep went back and Langford swung forward for the rest of the game. In both cases a forward replaced a forward - so I guess that means D'Ambrosio is probably the sub and Hind is the one that comes out for Kelly, or Wanganeen is the sub (unlikely but possible).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the shiel injury due to bringing him back too early last week... or a new thing?
He's had the calf issue niggling him for about a month, which was some minor thing he could've played with and then started bleeding again and he was withdrawn for Dreamtime (he said the other day he shouldn't have tried to get up for that game as it probably made it worse).

Then the week after that he also had a completely separate foot issue that caused trouble.

Of the two it seems to be the calf that was causing trouble again last weekend and ended up being sent for scans.

Didn't we do that on Anzac day once with Hille, Ryder and Bellchambers?
Yeah we tried that in 2011 for a month or so with Hurley at CHF but our forward pressure was non existent

Starting to think Kelly is a lock to play - as he was before he got concussed.... I think Wanga, Bryan & Phillips will miss, so final team will look something like;-

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Martin Merrett Heppell
Durham Langford Menzie
Stringer 2MP Gueli

Draper Hobbs Caldwell

Bench: Perkins Hind Massimo Weideman
SUB: Snelling

Apart from their midfield and 2 talls fwd line, we need to negate Saad's run. Do that and it will go a long way to winning.

Like to see Menzie & Mass rotate off him.

2MP is massive as it takes their best defender. Langers gets their second best which may play into Wiederman's hands. Lets see how he responds from his worst game last week.

Apart from their midfield and 2 talls fwd line, we need to negate Saad's run. Do that and it will go a long way to winning.

Like to see Menzie & Mass rotate off him.

2MP is massive as it takes their best defender. Langers gets their second best which may play into Wiederman's hands. Lets see how he responds from his worst game last week.

If Weideman's goal kicking is as it's been for the last several weeks the Blues will almost leave him unmanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back