Preview Round 14 - Hawthorn vs. Carlton - Friday 29th June 7:50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he be playing?
A lot of Carlton supporters I know have been calling for his head
Majorly out of form, not pulling his weight, plus we have Fraser Dale who has a chance of a call up. Also Yarran might be out for this game, played like Melbourne in the VFL Saturday.

Dont worry about Garlett. He will do you know harm.

He has speed and can be at the right places at the right times when the Blues are up and about..
Im hoping you are right, but since our loss to the Tigers a fews weeks back i know not to be too confident going into any games now...

I'd be delighted if Yarran and Gartlett missed.

Really a huge game. Friday nighty footy and a chance to establish a 3 game break on Carlton and thus solidify our spot in the 8. Likewise, be nice to keep them down as we have had the wood on them and don't want them 'getting over a bogey team' and getting a run of confidence going.

Win this and we can really start turning our eyes towards the top 4 and making a big assault on it.

.. they were looking tired but a bye will have them refreshed .

We had the same bye they did, so two refreshed teams to go hard at it.
On current form, I don't expect them to get all that close.

We had the same bye they did, so two refreshed teams to go hard at it.
On current form, I don't expect them to get all that close.
Our win against the Lions was amazingly good; the Lions results on either side of us (close win against the Eagles + thrashing of the doggies) are a true reflection of the game they played in all three weeks. Our thrashing of them says a lot about the way the Hawks are playing at the moment - more pressure than any other team + capacity to score even when under pressure. If we bring that game again, Blues have no chance.

I think Lewis will be fine, he would have had to train hard enough to keep his match fitness up..... it's not like he was injured or anything that couldn't stop him from training the house down.

Team Changes

IN: Lewis Whitecross
OUT: Murphy Hill (Hill is very unlucky)

B: Guerra Gibson Stratton
HB: Birchall Schoenmakers Burgoyne
C: Smith Mitchell Lewis
HF: Gunston Franklin Breust
F: Puopolo Roughead Rioli
R: Hale Sewell Shiels

INT: Young Suckling Whitecross Savage (Sub)

EMG: Murphy Hill Wanganeen

In: Whitecross + Lewis.

Out: Murphy + Savage.

Hill to stay as the sub. Just think Hill has shown a bit more than Savage since his inclusion.

Can't see us dropping Savage after probably playing his best match for us this season last week.

Great ins with Whitey and Lewis!

Murphy and either Gunston/Hill out I reckon.

Apparently Judd is ready to explode according to the Herald Sun. I wonder if this is the same explosion that we were supposed to get from Gibbs in the pre-season. :cool:

Chris Dudd has been so over rated ever since he moved for Westcrap to Carltank.. He never should of won his second brownlow.
Murphy is a bigger loss than Dudd and im more concerned with the likes of Walker, Yarran and Betts and Garlett..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read that Laidler is out for the season. The blues are having a horror season with injuries and form. They cant get a settled side on the park from one week to the next. I am calling it they are gawn.

We should go in with a tall forward structure to put pressure in their defense. We have the perfect balance to win this and win easily but as what happened with the Tigers game, no game is a gimme and we need to bring in our A game which includes attitude and we will win..

the blues can come out breathing fire all they like, we will hit them back just as hard this is a massive game for both clubs, if we put some score on the board early we will shake their already shaky confidence, The boys are playing like they are angry since the tigers game, manic pressure and intensity all over the ground. When we bring this sort of attitude to a game of footy we are just about the best team in it. I cant see the blues going with us if we continue the way we have the past 3 weeks.

Like others here I go to the footy to watch my team and support them during good times and bad. I also go marvel at the unique gifts of some of our players. I love watching Buddy turn his opponents inside out and Cyril mow down a witless opposition player. I love watching the reactions they elicit amongst the hawks faithful. Not many players in the game evoke such delight amongst its supporters. Suckling, for many of does this, not in the same breathtaking manner as a Buddy or a Cyril but in a more subtle way. When he unloads from full back or drills a 60 metre pass and a polite applause resonates through the crowd, we are in agreement that we are witnessing, like Buddy and Cyril, a special talent. So for me watching Suckling wind up that lethal left boot is just another great reason to go to the footy and him not being there would not only make the team poorer but the game poorer too.

the blues can come out breathing fire all they like, we will hit them back just as hard this is a massive game for both clubs, if we put some score on the board early we will shake their already shaky confidence, The boys are playing like they are angry since the tigers game, manic pressure and intensity all over the ground. When we bring this sort of attitude to a game of footy we are just about the best team in it. I cant see the blues going with us if we continue the way we have the past 3 weeks.

We need to convert also other wise they won't be as shaken up but will gain more confidant as the game goes on as we continue to miss easy shots..
The only reason why they remained in the game with the Weagles is because of all the missed shots at goals...Had the Weagles kicked straight then the Blues confidence would of been shot and would of lost by heaps.

Really looking forward to this one. We need to start well - keep their morale down. Can't see him dominating, however I would have preferred the spotlight on Judd's form next week. Waite is a big in for the blues too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back