Preview Round 14 vs North

Remove this Banner Ad

More likely to be Milera or Brad Crouch, given the team selections 2 weeks ago (against West Coast). Milera was the travelling emergency and Brad Crouch was on standby to fly west on the Saturday if needed. They were content to play Henderson in the SANFL, with no AFL commitments pending. It was fairly clear that Hendo was the 3rd of the three emergency players listed, and I doubt that anything would have changed since then.

The weather has changed so an insider in, is good.

I'm confident our game will hold up against North tomorrow night. We got cut up at times last week when the Eagles moved the ball around with fast hands and runners, and looked impenetrable when defending long kicks to a pack. North do have tougher bodies than the Eagles, but we're fresh off a week off and they're hurting and sore. Manic pressure and sticking tackles will be key.

Lose tomorrow and any talk of us being a top four team is rubbish.

North are old, beaten and bruised after a tough game last week. We should be fresh and playing on our home deck.

Given I stand in an indoor bar, I hope it buckets down tomorrow. Make it harder for North with their talls, and I want to see how we stack up in wet weather footy. Adds another variable and want to see how we adapt.

Titus sums it up

The Crows need to win this, to convert their promise into reality. They are spoken of as a much better team than the one that is currently sitting in eighth.

What they need is consistency, something rare in the AFL. I think they can get the job done here but if they don’t, I’m going to spin around and throw them under the bus so fast, it will be like I’m a real life sports commentator.

No excuses - Get the job done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defensive matchups?

Talia v petrie
Hartigan v Brown
Lever v daw
Cheney v Wood
Brown v Thomas
Laird v Harvey
Smith v Wagner

Wouldn't surprise if Roos drop either sore Goldstein or daw in the conditions & go smaller with nahas. Then

Lever v Wood
Cheney v nahas & resting mid like zeibel.

With hartigan actually playing this game - thanks Don :) - I think we match up better than they do with our forward line... As I don't think they have the quality to cover all our options.

Jenkins v Tarrant
Walker v firrito
Lynch v Gibson
Betts v Thompson
Cameron v atley
McGovern v McMillan
Douglas v McKenzie

Which means we just need to at least break-even in the midfield, which we should as we go deeper with their injuries...

Jacobs v sore Goldstein or daw if they rest him. Should have the advantage.
Thompson v swallow battle of the hard nuts.
M crouch v cunnington battle of the hard nuts 2.
B crouch v dal santo battle of creativity.
Sloane v zeibel battle of the hard nuts 3.
Atkins v Ray
Lyons v Dumont
Mackay v mullett

No excuses as only poor attitude will lose this game, even against a quality Roos.

Lose tomorrow and any talk of us being a top four team is rubbish.

North are old, beaten and bruised after a tough game last week. We should be fresh and playing on our home deck.

Given I stand in an indoor bar, I hope it buckets down tomorrow. Make it harder for North with their talls, and I want to see how we stack up in wet weather footy. Adds another variable and want to see how we adapt.
Good post!

Brad Crouch in! You beauty. In fact, in a wet weather slog like this, you could argue another hard inside mid like Brad is needed mote than an outside winger like Seeds.

I'm very curious to see what is Plan Pyke for the wet. We know that Pykey adapts his style to suit the opposition, so what will he have learnt from our last meeting with North, and how will our game plan stack up in the rain?

All the Footy Panelists tipped us.

Bit concerned with Seedsman out. I wonder how much we lose with him out, in terms of acquiring ground? Wet weather is tough but how handy is having a bloke who can roost it as far as he can?

At least the guy brought in to cover loves wet weather footy.

All the Footy Panelists tipped us.

Bit concerned with Seedsman out. I wonder how much we lose with him out, in terms of acquiring ground? Wet weather is tough but how handy is having a bloke who can roost it as far as he can?

At least the guy brought in to cover loves wet weather footy.
With Seedsman missing I'd prefer Henderson in than Mackay. He at least does some wing-type things.

Of course, I'd rather Milera or Menzel in than either of them but anyway

Return from the bye week means a return to national television for the Crows in the US. Game will air on Fox Sports2 (Channel 618 on Directv) at 5:30am Eastern/2:30am Pacific. This is the 8th national television appearance of the year.

As for the game...I think we will start slow but finish strong....like the Crows to upend the Roos by 22.

Didn't they basically tag Lynch out of the game in round 1? Interesting to see if they send someone to him again signalling out his importance to the side.

Sent Luke McDonald to him and Luke did a great job.

Unfortuately Luke is out with a Hamstring, I am not sure who we have that would be able to play a complete shut down role they Luke did.

Return from the bye week means a return to national television for the Crows in the US. Game will air on Fox Sports2 (Channel 618 on Directv) at 5:30am Eastern/2:30am Pacific. This is the 8th national television appearance of the year.

As for the game...I think we will start slow but finish strong....like the Crows to upend the Roos by 22.

Don't know how many international Crows fans there are but a new thread like "US / International Crows Games TV Broadcast Info" could be useful for this kind of info, rather than being lost amongst the long game preview threads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back