Unofficial Preview Round 16 Changes Dogs v WCE 6/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty have their papers stamped.......surely R Smith and Lloyd should be part of them......they aren't the future
It's a virtual elimination final - the future is now. Surely we should be more worried about a game today that basically dictates whether we make finals or not, as opposed to the development of a player that may have a chance of helping us make finals, maybe, next year?

B: Zaine Cordy, Alex Keath, Caleb Daniel
HB: Bailey Williams, Ryan Gardner, Hayden Crozier
C: Bailey Smith, Jack Macrae, Jason Johannisen
HF: Toby McLean, Josh Bruce, Mitch Wallis
F: Tom Liberatore, Aaron Naughton, Lachie Hunter
Foll: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Dunkley
Int: Ed Richards, Sam Lloyd, Will Hayes, Roarke Smith
Emer: Ben Cavarra, Pat Lipinski, Lachie Young, Jordon Sweet

IN: Zaine Cordy, Sam Lloyd, Roarke Smith
OUT: Easton Wood (hamstring), Laitham Vandermeer (hamstring), Tory Dickson

Don't love it. Really good to see Zaine back though, think he was having a great season before injury.

Must be it for Dickson.
B: Zaine Cordy, Alex Keath, Caleb Daniel
HB: Bailey Williams, Ryan Gardner, Hayden Crozier
C: Bailey Smith, Jack Macrae, Jason Johannisen
HF: Toby McLean, Josh Bruce, Mitch Wallis
F: Tom Liberatore, Aaron Naughton, Lachie Hunter
Foll: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Dunkley
Int: Ed Richards, Sam Lloyd, Will Hayes, Roarke Smith
Emer: Ben Cavarra, Pat Lipinski, Lachie Young, Jordon Sweet

IN: Zaine Cordy, Sam Lloyd,
OUT: Easton Wood (hamstring), Laitham Vandermeer (hamstring), Tory Dickson

Don't love it. Really good to see Zaine back though, think he was having a great season before injury.

Must be it for Dickson.

How does Roarke Smith get a game over Lipinski, oh I forget he trains hard

Nic Nat played about 55% time on ground last week, Williams did a lot of the rucking, and they're coming off a significantly small break.

It's not as big of a risk as people are hoping, even if it is only due to fixture advantages.

Nic Nat played about 55% time on ground last week, Williams did a lot of the rucking, and they're coming off a significantly small break.

It's not as big of a risk as people are hoping, even if it is only due to fixture advantages.
Williams omitted, maybe Allen?

Smith and Lloyd instead of cavarra and Greene frustrates me to no end. Interested to see the backline of gardber keath and cordy.
After kicking 13 goals in 4 scratch matches I can't even recall Greene being named an emergency once. Hope he gets picked up as a dfa next year and makes the club look ridiculous for letting him go.

It's a virtual elimination final - the future is now. Surely we should be more worried about a game today that basically dictates whether we make finals or not, as opposed to the development of a player that may have a chance of helping us make finals, maybe, next year?
Happy to be corrected but R Smith and Lloyd aren't getting us into the finals on exposed form. Lloyd has basically done all year what Dickson did in one game, he is not up to it and Smith has never been AFL standard, along with Gardiner we pick mediocrity and continue to allow players who cost goals every week games ie JJ and Bruce

I don't mind Roarke, gives it his all and puts on lots of pressure. Lloyd is bad but I guess we're trying to avoid our side being too young. If that's the case Suckling's still better. Greene not even an emergency. No idea what to make of that.

Shuey and Hurn are huge outs for the Weagles. Kennedy and Waterman almost balance that out though, unless it does end up being wet weather footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to be corrected but R Smith and Lloyd aren't getting us into the finals on exposed form. Lloyd has basically done all year what Dickson did in one game, he is not up to it and Smith has never been AFL standard, along with Gardiner we pick mediocrity and continue to allow players who cost goals every week games ie JJ and Bruce
Suggesting that Lloyd's okay games is comparable to Dickson's literal 0 kicks and 4 handballs is kind of ridiculous. Lloyd's comparable to Cavarra with a more proven overall career behind him. I'm okay with that.

Lipinski is a natural inside midfielder who has to play outside all season out of position and I have no issue with him not getting a game as it's clearly cost us at times (for example we were massively exposed with Lipinski's outside transition work in the St Kilda and Richmond losses, even if his use with the ball is decent. I like Lipinski as well but it's clear he's the odd man out. There is no doubt in my mind if any of Bont, Libba, Macrae, Dunkley, or B. Smith didn't play, Lipinski would not only be in the team but be a key cog at the stoppages.

R. Smith is an outside utility who can play a run, use athleticism and play a role. He's not going to set the world on fire, and Lipinski is clearly the better player in the vacuum, but I think with him (and Hayes who played well v Geelong), it makes us a much more balanced team.

I wouldn't pick Gardner either but West Coast go tall in their forward line and that's not that big of a deal.

JJ's been better since he had that rest a couple of weeks ago and it's no as if we have anyone with his pace to replace him (hence Richards also playing every game this year despite being poorer than JJ).

This is actually one of the more balanced teams we've put out all year and I think Bevo's done well.

Smith and Lloyd instead of cavarra and Greene frustrates me to no end. Interested to see the backline of gardber keath and cordy.
After kicking 13 goals in 4 scratch matches I can't even recall Greene being named an emergency once. Hope he gets picked up as a dfa next year and makes the club look ridiculous for letting him go.

Kicking goals is one thing. Perhaps he has only laid one tackle in the last 4 weeks?

Josh Bruce must be the luckiest guy in the world. Embarrassing that he's still getting games for us after what he's served up

It's a good point. Schache plays one bad game and is never seen again, Bruce has gotten worse and worse the last six weeks and is still one of the first picked. Very strange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back