Preview Round 17, 2021: Hawthorn v Fremantle Dockers, 10 July 2021, 1.45pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people bother winding themselves up so tightly over the selected teams. It's already done, accept it. We're 2nd last on the ladder and no chance of making finals.

For the next ~36 or so hours just let yourself enjoy the slight possibility that Nash might finally click at AFL level and have discovered a dominant position for the next 5+ years. And if you're that much of a wet blanket that you can't give yourself that then perhaps just be happy that Denver is back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we just throw Nash in the middle to see what happens. The campaigner is freakishly fast for a bloke his size and despite what people think can land a tackle

As far as changes

Obvious if Day and DGB fit then they come in for Greaves and idk, would we drop Burgoyne? Just don't see the benefit long term in playing him. Would make the perfect sub though

IN: Grainger-Barras, Jeka, Brockman

OUT: Nash (omitted), Greaves (omitted), Burgoyne (managed)

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Grainger-Barras

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Jiath

C: Phillips, Mitchell, Shiels

HF: O’Brien, Koschitzke, Moore

F: Breust, Jeka, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Howe, Ceglar, Newcombe, Bramble

Nash has to be out. Has no discernible AFL skills other than speed which he doesn't use to hurt teams. If he did, there could be something worth persisting with, but his inability to stick a tackle of a moving player and his incompetent reading of the play makes him consistently a step behind. 5 or so years at the club and he still doesn't have a position nor can he find the ball.

Reeves for Ceglar. No point continually playing a ruckman who has 4 or 5 decent games a year hoping that the next game is one of those 4 or 5. It's dead rubber time so play the young stud ruck.

We struggle with goal kicking so surely he needs to be accurate at Box Hill first ?
Didn't have his best game today but he's been consistent for the last few weeks and deserves a run. What he does offer is a strong marking target who has excellent field kicking and ability to get into the game. He's above VFL level and the next step to developing his game is a run of games at senior level.

Didn't have his best game today but he's been consistent for the last few weeks and deserves a run. What he does offer is a strong marking target who has excellent field kicking and ability to get into the game. He's above VFL level and the next step to developing his game is a run of games at senior level.

I guess if they arent rushing Gunston we do need help for Kosi. TOB just doesnt have a threatening presence.

Thought Cegs was okay tonight, far from our worst so he stays for mine.

Nash....... well I have previously said on this forum that the club needs to give him 4 games in a row to see what he has got so I guess he stays. Another game like tonight though will make it difficult.

In: Day, DGB and Brockman

Out: Nash, Greaves and Burgoyne.

Doubt Ollie comes in after not playing this weekend.

Would love Reeves to come in too but the two rucks don’t deserve to be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL - Round 12

Morris: 22 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles
Hartley: 18 disposals - 6 marks - 7 rebound 50s - 1 goal
Cousins: 17 disposals - 4 marks - 5 tackles - 7 inside 50s
Brockman: 16 disposals - 5 marks - 4 tackles - 2 goals
Brooksby: 14 disposals - 2 tackles - 13 hit-outs
Callow: 13 disposals - 6 marks - 1 goal - 2 behinds
Reeves: 13 disposals - 2 marks - 38 hit-outs - 1 goal
Saunders: 13 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles
Downie: 11 disposals - 2 marks - 5 rebound 50s
Pepper: 10 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles - 1 goal
Jeka: 10 disposals - 7 marks - 2 tackles - 7 behinds
Mitchell: 3 disposals - 6 tackles

DNP: Hanrahan, Maginness

If Day is fit he comes in, but take no risk.

Concussion needs to be treated seriously and DGB is a Ferrari. Needs longer

Jeka and Brockman should come in. Let’s try to find a forward structure to work with going forward. Jeka was inaccurate at Box Hill this week but he’s got a good body of work behind him dominating at that level.

If they won’t play Nash in the midfield, don’t play him.

In: Jeka/Lewis, Brockman, Reeves
Out: Hanrahan, Greaves/Burgers, Ceglar
Howe/Shiels to spend more time in the back line, Burgers the sub.
Ceglar didn't necessarily have a bad game by his standards last night but we need a mix up in the middle and that'll come best through Reeves coming in and helping us get some first use.
Nash to actually spend some time in the middle- would be very interested to know how many CBA's he had last night, but he ended up with four clearances and from what I can tell they all came in the last 30 minutes of play. Leaving him in the forward line is nonsensical at this point- Brocky comes in to take this temptation away from the coaching staff.
It's probably very stiff that Greaves misses for mine, but I thought he looked easily the least comfortable on the field last night. Him or Burgoyne to be the sub.
Jeka offers a whole heap- let's use that.

Time for Brocky to get another shot with DGB back in as well. Wouldn’t risk Day unless he’s absolutely cherry ripe. Too important for the future.

Outs: Silk Nash (Greaves if Day is fit)

VFL - Round 12

Morris: 22 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles
Hartley: 18 disposals - 6 marks - 7 rebound 50s - 1 goal
Cousins: 17 disposals - 4 marks - 5 tackles - 7 inside 50s
Brockman: 16 disposals - 5 marks - 4 tackles - 2 goals
Brooksby: 14 disposals - 2 tackles - 13 hit-outs
Callow: 13 disposals - 6 marks - 1 goal - 2 behinds
Reeves: 13 disposals - 2 marks - 38 hit-outs - 1 goal
Saunders: 13 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles
Downie: 11 disposals - 2 marks - 5 rebound 50s
Pepper: 10 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles - 1 goal
Jeka: 10 disposals - 7 marks - 2 tackles - 7 behinds
Mitchell: 3 disposals - 6 tackles

DNP: Hanrahan, Maginness
Morris played half back this week. Looked at home too. Might be a Hardwick situation where he’s recruited as a forward, but has the skills for the other end. Give him a month there and we could have yet another option for that line.
Pepper on the other hand, has gone from struggling as a half back and is now turning into a handy pressure forward. Not ready for the AFL yet by any stretch, but there could be something there
Cousins got beaten by the GC mids
Brockman looked good and IMHO should be in the firsts.
Jeka had an absolute shocker in the first half. I mean looked completely uncompetitive and burnt a teammate in the f50 so that he could take a set shot from the third row. Second half was back to his normal self, but didn’t have his kicking shoes on. Finished with 0.7 for the day

Can we just throw Nash in the middle to see what happens. The campaigner is freakishly fast for a bloke his size and despite what people think can land a tackle

As far as changes

Obvious if Day and DGB fit then they come in for Greaves and idk, would we drop Burgoyne? Just don't see the benefit long term in playing him. Would make the perfect sub though
Nash to Mundy ? He pasted us last time didnt he ?
Edit : i do prefer Nash out though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back