Game Day Round 17: Port Adelaide v Brizvegas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our captains were average today..I don’t even know who Brisbane’s captain is though.
We really could have done with bringing a campaigner like Lou Codge to our club to teach our boys how to play like men and our captains to harden up and lead.

yeswecan1

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We need to keep turning over the squad. We are just that that good this is where we are at. We don't play wet weather well either. I heard today we had more possessions and lost by 8 goals. I remember when we use to do that to the opposition. Its not talent its game style and endeavour.

Portology

Cheap, fast, safe: pick two, or juggle three.
Sep 27, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Barcelona
We need to keep turning over the squad. We are just that that good this is where we are at. We don't play wet weather well either. I heard today we had more possessions and lost by 8 goals. I remember when we use to do that to the opposition. Its not talent its game style and endeavour.
yeah just look at those nine behinds in the last quarter. need a good turning over the lot of 'em

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrons Firen

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I posted that two hours back and saw nothing in the second half that would change my mind.
Said to a mate at the game Charlie needs more than huff n gruff. Park the theatre and just play the ball.
Then again who'd wanna be in our Nathan Bassett forward line overseen by bent umps.
It was a horror show watching it at the ground. We were running into each other ffs, 3 up and none down
blind kicks galore while we hugged the boundary n kicked to pockets.

It's like our senior players are irreversibly hardwired in their DNA to the Ken plan. Put under pressure they revert to type.
It's silly to point out a player here or a player there, we were out coached. Their set-ups are a lot better than ours.
Selections are a sideshow it's execution on the day that counts and that execution reflects on Ken. He's gotta own it.
He gets paid a lot and because of that hard fact we are entitled to more than what we are getting.

Sheesh we were never in the game. Blown apart at the start equalled game over.
We went 7 goals down then they sat on us.

Byrons Firen

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Wines streaming toward the 50m arc. Stops. Props. Hacks a floater to the pocket.
Yep and more than matched at the back with fellow co-captaineer Tommy "TJ" ugg boots Jonas.
When push comes to shove on the national stage they're both chumps. Feted beyond their means.
Paddling their boat is like trying to excuse the inexcusable. An embarrassing symbiosis of self serving prattle.
Ya f**ked up Ken and it'll cost ya. Unfortunately you'll take the club backwards doing it.

Here's a thought mate, put the club first and just say before the seasons over "sorry guys tried my best".

PAFC66

Sack Hinkley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Er no.

Just hoping that you are not suggesting, in this day and age, that he is in any sense "admitting" that he is/was depressed.

Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
Of course it's nothing to be ashamed of but for some people it is? Stigma is still very strong.

I was just genuinely curious as to when he stated he was going through it? Hasn't heard anything..

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Of course it's nothing to be ashamed of but for some people it is? Stigma is still very strong.

I was just genuinely curious as to when he stated he was going through it? Hasn't heard anything..
I think it was this year just before he returned to playing. He said it publicly in some interviews and really made me feel for the bloke. He loves this club and team. Maybe he is over it now but I hate our treatment of players and Bronx cheers ugh. I just wish he could mark the ball, or if not, why are our crumbers not there to clean it up?? Isn’t that the plan?
Once we had a functioning mosquito fleet ( in 2013 and 2014)
As for coaches, I am not sure who is worse out of Hinkley and Pyke but they both seems to have issues.

Top Bottom