VFL Round 18 - Box Hill vs Collingwood at Box Hill City Oval (Pies lost 72-79 #HawksIrkedUsApex)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugh.. what a crap weekend. Two narrow losses and both teams looking decidedly shaky. How many beers do I need to drink to erase my memory?
I can help you with the beer supply.

Reid could just because we might have no one else to come in

Reid at 80% and Howe would be very valuable additions to our backline right now but I somehow don't think Reid will last long. He might be managed.

Played mainly forward but did play back at times

From the TV coverage I think that was purely part of his ruck roaming. Happy for anyone who was actually there to confirm that he lined up in defence.

Not all is lost. Top 4 is a very real chance .
Boxhill stands in our way.
Box Hill are 1 game and 8 percent ahead
BUT
Here are the runs home.

Pies play.
Port Melbourne
Frankston ****
Sandringham .

The pies will be favorites in all 3 and Frankston with an average losing margin of 70 this season is where we could make up the percentage

Boxhill finish with
Werribee
Casey
Geelong

They will beat Werribee this week and then be very big outsiders in the last 2 games.
Go pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if we recruit him? I reckon BEEG's head might explode having another injury prone player on the list :p

Don't rattle the cage, Q...:eek::D

Even with his injuries, WW is worth a rookie spot. Considering the hit rate on rookies he'd be better than most. If he was fit, he'd play first round next year.

Infinitely prefer him over Wills.

Even with his injuries, WW is worth a rookie spot. Considering the hit rate on rookies he'd be better than most. If he was fit, he'd play first round next year.

Infinitely prefer him over Wills.
Alex Woodward is very talented and good enough to be on an AFL list. I hope somebody does take a chance on him. Just not us! He announced his retirement from the game after his last big knee injury (obviously he changed his mind!), and surely if it happens again that will have to be it. Given our current injury run (and the amount of "repeat offenders" we have) it would be nothing short of bizarre if we recruited an unproven player who has had 4 ACL's, even if it's "only" for a Rookie List spot. Those spots are bloody important.

Marty Hore has to be on an AFL list by the end of the year. I'm hoping we don't miss out on picking him up this time.

Last edited:
Alex Woodward is very talented and good enough to be on an AFL list. I hope somebody does take a chance on him. Just not us! He announced his retirement from the game after his last big knee injury (obviously he changed his mind!), and surely if it happens again that will have to be it. Given our current injury run (and the amount of "repeat offenders" we have) it would be nothing short of bizarre if we recruited an unproven player who has had 4 ACL's, even if it's "only" for a Rookie List spot. Those spots are bloody important.

Marty Hore has to be on an AFL list by the end of the year. I'm hoping we don't miss out on picking him up this time.

and have no Need for Woodward

Hore is Reason why I like a Bidding System for Mature Age Recurits for Players that play in Clubs Reserve Teams

and have no Need for Woodward

Hore is Reason why I like a Bidding System for Mature Age Recurits for Players that play in Clubs Reserve Teams
It is fantastic to see Woodward back playing football at all, especially to see him playing so well is just great. He is a very good footballer, but if you take the "romance" out of it there's no way that we would consider taking him.

I presume you mean that (you believe) clubs should be able to have first crack at unlisted players they have playing in their reserves side? I absolutely believe that. If we were to miss out on Hore and he went elsewhere and did well that would be very disappointing. Since that type of player has normally been overlooked in a few drafts it seems like a fair move to me (to bring in such a rule).

iqUoL2r.png

fdk0E2v.png

Gee, smashed in the hitouts, smashed in the marks, smashed in the disposals, matched in tackles, yet we still could/should have won. Go figure.

Watching the game, I'd thought Faz had a relatively quiet day but 13 disposals for a small forward isn't too bad, especially 1 giving away significant size to his opponent. Maybe we'd think differently of his game if he'd kicked 3.0 instead of 0.3.

Think they over used it a bit, look at our inside 50 and scoring shot count to theirs and we certainly could have won it if we had kicked well foward of center and going in.

Think they over used it a bit, look at our inside 50 and scoring shot count to theirs and we certainly could have won it if we had kicked well foward of center and going in.

Conversion in front of goal was Disgusting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back