Game Day Round 18 v Port Adelaide @ Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

Showed me the opposite as ive explained in the review thread, first positive signs ive seen from us offensively since round 1. * the defensive pressure for the time being, if we cant kick 10+ goals in a game and move the ball fast we are even more less likely to do something in finals.

Im confident the pressure comes in finals, still not confident we can kick enough goals to win games but at least it was a step forward.
We beat the lions by 10 goals and kicked 117 only 3 weeks ago

We beat the lions by 10 goals and kicked 117 only 3 weeks ago

yes, but we still moved the ball like s**t, that win and scoring was mainly off the back of pressure in our forward half and centre clearance.

Completely different story to today.

Yeah you could be right. it may come in finals. but for the players to drop off the pressure so drastically shows a terrible lack of understanding of where they are as a playing group. We haven't earned the right this season to drop off in such a way. We could've lost that game. The pressure disappeared. The same thing happened in the Geelong game the week before. Thank God for Kozzie Pickett.
I thought our pressure has been pretty good the last three weeks. It's more skill errors and a few guys down on form plus a general lack of dare.

Pathetic melbourne!!! Who the hell do they think they whereby they can take the foot off the gas. You've won 2 of your last 6 games. Where are their heads at. No bloody defensive effort in the last 5 mins. bloody hopeless.
Oh do shut up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danster and whinging about Port junktime goals. Name a more iconic duo.
Simon and Garfunkel

No s**t I genuinely think their output was amazing

Though you’re right, Danster and whinging has probably grasped the trophy now

Simon and Garfunkel

No s**t I genuinely think their output was amazing

Though you’re right, Danster and whinging has probably grasped the trophy now
I thought he would be happy we won the second half this time.

Danster and whinging about Port junktime goals. Name a more iconic duo.
We actually won the quarter and the 2nd and 3rd as well, probably should have won the first had we hit those easy earlychances, overall a pretty solid win. Besides Port having a dominant period in the 3rd was pretty much all Melbourne from the 2nd quarter. Never ideal about junk time goals but that intensity won't drop off when it counts.

We actually won the quarter and the 2nd and 3rd as well, probably should have won the first had we hit those easy earlychances, overall a pretty solid win. Besides Port having a dominant period in the 3rd was pretty much all Melbourne from the 2nd quarter. Never ideal about junk time goals but that intensity won't drop off when it counts.
Even if it does, would anyone really care if we won a final by 7 goals or by 2? 100 - 7 was awesome, but if we won the GF or prelim last year by 15 points I'd still ******* love it.

Even if it does, would anyone really care if we won a final by 7 goals or by 2? 100 - 7 was awesome, but if we won the GF or prelim last year by 15 points I'd still ******* love it.
I think it’s more the form. They definitely kicked a few at the end which took the margin down but I am ok with that, Geelong did that against us the week before. Sometimes the comfort of just winning by 40-50 is reassuring. But I’ll take that and holding on to second.

The next month will be much harder. Bulldogs hit a vein of form so that’s a big test for us. Collingwood the bogy side the week after I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back