Autopsy Round 19 = Port Adelaide 97-69 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got home from a Queensland pub where i watched the game with no sound.
I will read this thread tomorrow, but did the ch7 commentators talk about the umpiring?
It was the worst I've seen since the 1987 game against the swans at Victoria park.
I'm ******* ropeable.
They mentioned Roughead being "unlucky" a few times, but besides that nothing of note

I know that Madge cops heaps on this forum, but credit where it's due, I thought he was a general in defence for us last night,

He is a natural tall defender and has really done a sterling job marshalling the defence in the absence of Moore and Howe for much of the season,

He knows when to punch the ball away in a marking contest, generally reads the play well and intercepts and his disposal, while not elite, is serviceable.

Hats off to you Madge!

Im not sure how anyone can conclude that Quaynor is struggling. Along with Maynard, he is one of our best at sweeping up the loose ball in our backline. Quickly becoming one of my favourites. I’d much rather he be given Nobles opportunity and latitude to be creative up the ground rather than having to play simply lockdown though.

Ruscoe’s kicking is superb. Accurate low darts to creative positions which open up the play. Definitely plays better with the game in front of him rather than having to make the play as a forward. Absolutely willing to forgive him on that basis for bad turnover last night. Unfortunately his kick was on target, it just happened to be so low that it was able to be chopped off on the way there.

Murphy is jack of all trades and master of none. Other than having courage, he has absolutely no discernible elite skills.
Our midfield is regularly beaten with Adams, Pendles, Sidebottom and Crisp. I would like to see the club rotate Quaynor and Bruz through the midfield to see if they offer anything. It is great to see Ruscoe being played in the position he played in his Junior years and what got him drafted in the first place. Murphy played as a forward as a junior and in TAC cup. The knocks on him in his draft year were his marking and more so poor goal kicking technique. Four years post draft his knocks are ....

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez I really hope that Reef (or maybe Tyler Brown) makes the grade.

Unfortunately with Sier looking on the way out, no Treloar, & with Pendles close to the end, Adams is our only genuine inside clearance player at the moment. When he isn’t winning it at the coal face we really struggle.

Our other options like Josh Daicos, McCrae & a future Nick Daicos are all much more uncontested players, who we want as our second possession+ players

Personally I think this should be a focus late in the draft or rookie draft
Tyler Brown, Callum Brown, Taylor Adams, MacCrae and Grundy all in the middle at the same time kicking! :think::eekv1:

I know that Madge cops heaps on this forum, but credit where it's due, I thought he was a general in defence for us last night,

He is a natural tall defender and has really done a sterling job marshalling the defence in the absence of Moore and Howe for much of the season,

He knows when to punch the ball away in a marking contest, generally reads the play well and intercepts and his disposal, while not elite, is serviceable.

Hats off to you Madge!
Was just about to post but you've said it for me. Probably won't be a popular opinion #WhippingBoy

They're pretty different players. Stringer is the better forward, De Goey is the significantly better midfielder. Rovers tend to make money than mid-sized forwards
Stringer has been killing it in the midfield. Much better than JDG.

I think with prudent trading you can find them at other clubs/VFL at a reasonable cost.

I agree. Someone like Constable or Brodie could be an option.

Otherwise you can also find them very late in the draft or as rookie picks given a lot of those inside players have knocks on their athleticism or kicking. Ollie Davis or Joel Trudgeon for example may be available. Both who I really like.

Last edited:
Stringer has been killing it in the midfield. Much better than JDG.
Not really at all correct. Look at their last month - Stringer hits the scoreboard more, tackles more and gets some more clearances, De Goey gets the footy more, marks it more, and plays alongside a much worse midfield. I think at worst they've broken even in recent form, but if De Goey had better midfield around him covering his weaknesses, like the Bombers do with Stringer, his edge would be pronounced

Just got home from a Queensland pub where i watched the game with no sound.
I will read this thread tomorrow, but did the ch7 commentators talk about the umpiring?
It was the worst I've seen since the 1987 game against the swans at Victoria park.
I'm ******* ropeable.
I was at that game and saw myself on the news before replay 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvey post match:
6x “obviously “ and excellent mis-direction twice on the Cox as substitute question

A neutrals POV, I thought it was a good effort by the pies last night against a top 4 side with a lot more to play for. A lot of young talent with potential. Lots to look forward to for supporters.

Collingwood are a proud club, still putting in the effort every week with everything else going on and with an inexperienced list.

Haven‘t been blown away, seems to be good camaraderie in the group. Unlike sh*t stain clubs like Melbourne and Carlton over the last 20 years.

7 kids with less than 10 games.............

This is what I'd call 'forced' development and not ideal, then the Pendles injury...... that's his season done.

Not a bad effort considering.

Of that forced development, some good signs, Poulter, Henry, Bianco, Ruscoe, all had good moments.

Overall a team lacking that experience is something to work with.

Hats off to you Madge!
He is so valuable for us and the hate he gets is unreal. He tries his hardest and is actually very good in defensive 1 on 1 situations. He is a victim of our slow defensive strategy as his kicking under pressure is no good. I think we take on more 10 to 15 metre kicks in defense under pressure than any other team.

I still have doubts about our tall forwards, but I'm more excited about our young kids. Best crop since the 2005 era.

Hats off to you Madge!
24 disposals at 88% efficiency for a tall defender who has only played the game for four years. Seems like he's unfairly judged on a harsher curve than other converts because he's 28 years old.

See, thats just pathetic.
Should have been much comment on how massive 2 handed pushes in the back are now legal apparently.

I question how after 450 games Brett Rosebury didn't report Lycett for striking Grundy in the third quarter. If he can't see that clearly should not be on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back