Preview Round 2, 2020: Geelong v Hawthorn, 12 June 2020, 7.50pm @ GMBHA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d like to see Scrimshaw in for Morrison. Other then that I don’t think there will be too much changes.

How are players that aren’t selected going to get any match fitness if they’re not playing. Will there be some kind of practice games against other clubs?

Kind of feel that the teams that handle the oncoming soft tissue injuries once things restart will be the ones that set themselves up to take out the whole thing. I also remember reading an article stating that once players get to round 4-5 the chances of knee injuries (ie ACLs) are reduced dramatically so its just a matter of players getting through to that point of the season. With the reduced rounds and with everyone only playing each other once there's no room for error so lets hope the injury gods are on our sideband we can give the thing a shake.

Kind of feel that the teams that handle the oncoming soft tissue injuries once things restart will be the ones that set themselves up to take out the whole thing. I also remember reading an article stating that once players get to round 4-5 the chances of knee injuries (ie ACLs) are reduced dramatically so its just a matter of players getting through to that point of the season. With the reduced rounds and with everyone only playing each other once there's no room for error so lets hope the injury gods are on our sideband we can give the thing a shake.

Is that 4-5 rounds of playing or to do with the hardness of the grounds?

Is that 4-5 rounds of playing or to do with the hardness of the grounds?

It was in regards to players playing 4-5 rounds of football after a preseason. Pretty sure the studies reveal that the majority of these kind of injuries happened in the period before. I guess we'll just have to wait and see and fingers crossed our fitness / medicos are well on top of all this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting ahead of the curve, so this will be updated once the AFL confirms the fixture. But Hawthorn would be keen to build on its round 1 victory over the Lions and keep pace with the early trend setters with a win over whomever it will be fixtured to play.

Unless something drastic happens between now and when Hawthorn plays next, the Hawks should have just about a full list to choose from, but of course, the coaches and players will have to adjust to the changes to business as usual when they next play.

Very bullish on the remainder of the season.
The restricted number of coaches has only enhanced our greatest asset, Clarko.
Not matter what the remainder of the season throws at us our team will not become a bunch of self centred sooky prima-donnas.
Clarko will again be emphasising making the game fun, like the last few weeks of 2019.
That week of work experience will be invaluable in keeping everything in perspective for the 2020 season.

A reminder to all...

Please don't troll the TBD board pre-or post game, you will probably get carded.

The TBD mods are a bit excessive these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back