Game Day Round 2 vs. St Kilda, MCG, 7:30pm Thurs 21/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty obvious that Jordan has been BOG average the first 2 games. Steele and Josh were ok in round 1. Jordan is the one who needs to pull his finger out the most for me.
Someone texted in pretending to be Fly asking if Nick should be moved back to half back.

Hoyne didn't think so because he's been our best mid.. but said Crisp, IQ & Leggy also really need to lift their game.

Some of us already knew it wasn't all Dean & AJ's fault 😉

Again...like last week I can't shake this nagging feeling they're mostly (except Nick) going to sit back and wait for it to just happen.

I'm actually far more confident of beating Brisbane in Brisbane than I am beating St.Kilda.
Approaching finals you also continually bagged our chances of winning the flag.
So thankfully your “guts” track record is very bad.

Reading the tea leaves and media landscape - all signs seem to point to AJ and Dean being out with Reef and Frampton coming in, and while i think the "In's" are the right decision, I can't help but feel a sense of "sameness" with both AJ and Dean going out.

While I like the Reef inclusion I question how much overall impact it will have - "he can't be any worse" will cry the comments, but the gap from what Reef will bring to what AJ brought the last 2 weeks will not be significant enough to overturn the problems of the last fortnight. For mine, I would prefer to see Frampton and Reef brought in, but only one of AJ (most likely) and Dean going out in order to look at a different structure, with 3 taller options i50 (Mihocek, Reef and Howe moved forward) and 3 down back (Moore, Dean and the included Frampton). Having the extra marking option i50 gives us an aerial presence I felt we have really lacked this last two weeks, and Howe moving forward and switching with Frampton gives a slightly different style of defender sitting in behind Dean and Moore, with Frampton being a more "dour" and defense first operator, something we've particularly missed in Murphy's absence.
This is the way
We also need to stick with the backline so they build chemistry

Hate to hear their thoughts on 2021 or whatever the Rat Pack’s latest incident was or West Coast or Essendon or Melbourne’s nasal issues.
Haven't you heard? Clarry is the best redemption story in the AFL now after a couple of matches. Media didn't even want to talk about what his actual problems were.

Bunch of hypocrites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why people dropping Sidebottom? He was one of our better players in OR.

I'm going of what i saw last week live.

He was incredibly slow, absolutely burnt speed wise by players on multiple occasions.

Struggle to create a contest.

Legend of the club, unfortunately this is must win.

Stats what stats are you referring to ? Because Schultz has ginnivan covered in almost all metrics of the game.
Let’s revisit this when all teams have played equal games and I’d be shocked if Schultz isn’t streets ahead.
Goals per game, especially given Ginivan is younger. That’s a pretty important metric for a forward

It’d be a bit awkward booing him in the crowd don’t you think?

We have to go to another level in 2024, if you’re not improving then you may as well be going backwards. It’s all in the Boo Better Report.

Haven't you heard? Clarry is the best redemption story in the AFL now after a couple of matches. Media didn't even want to talk about what his actual problems were.

Bunch of hypocrites.
Wait until they learn recovery is a long road and that Clarry is far from back to normal just yet. Like two games is not a season nor is a few good weeks recovery from well-documented issues. Probably to their credit, they haven’t hounded him on-field.

McCreery has fallen from grace. Can't ever recall him being suggested as an omission or emergency without a chorus of derisive comments at the poster and the mounting of a strong defence of McCreery's game.

Now it seems posters are beginning to see some chinks in his armour, perhaps a tendency to scurry about like a headless chook only infrequently taking possession of the ball. He needs to step up his consistency and kick some goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back