Game Day Round 2 vs. St Kilda, MCG, 7:30pm Thurs 21/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're pessimistic you'll get most of our losses right and not be so good at predicting our wins.

Well I said yesterday that I felt more confident in us beating Brisbane than beating St.Kilda

Surely you're not claiming your premier call before R2?

Maybe read my post again mate.

I said it's looking good at this very early stage

Well I said yesterday that I felt more confident in us beating Brisbane than beating St.Kilda

Maybe read my post again mate.

I said it's looking good at this very early stage
And I'm saying that's a nonsense thing to say. People would have been saying a St Kilda premier call looked good at this stage last season

And I'm saying that's a nonsense thing to say. People would have been saying a St Kilda premier call looked good at this stage last season

Yeah...and at that time, it would have been looking good. How it turns out later is another matter. But as I had said previously, IRL I had predicted a Collingwood flag back in October 2022 and my post here before 2023 season started has me predicting we'd finish Top....which we did.

Yeah, you can never account for what's going to happen throughout a season, but still.

One thing you overestimate is other people's interest in your pre-game "feelings".

This is a discussion forum no? Where we're allowed to express opinions and such? I didn't say anyone had to care. But someone told me "my gut is wrong" to which I replied "Not in 2024 it's not so far".

Early 2022 the flavour of the month was Steele nearing the end after his rough 2020, a down 2021 and a slow start to 2022. I’ll put my hand up as someone that had the slows on him. Here we stand 50 matches on in essentially the same spot.

IMO, every forward deserves a pass from last week aside from AJ who was somehow both uncompetitive and blew a number of gilt edged chances. The mid and back thirds didn’t really give the forward group a chance so perhaps we hold fire on criticism of Elliott, Shoota and McReery for a touch longer?

FWIW the most underwhelming of the group so far has been Hill, but the armchair critics are yet to get him in their sights 🤷‍♂️
Hill played his best game when it most counted. We know what he is capable of doing when he is switched on. I doubt the knives will be coming out any time soon.

Hill played his best game when it most counted. We know what he is capable of doing when he is switched on. I doubt the knives will be coming out any time soon.
It's pretty obvious majority of our players are down on form in the past 2 matches. Imo, only Cameron, Nick & Bruzzy can hold their heads up high.

Let's hope the negative press & being called lazy, big headed, drinking their own bath water, etc etc makes them fkng angry & they bring the pressure & intensity on Thursday. I'd like to think they have some pride and that sort of commentary really pisses them off.

Last edited:
This is a discussion forum no? Where we're allowed to express opinions and such? I didn't say anyone had to care. But someone told me "my gut is wrong" to which I replied "Not in 2024 it's not so far".
Of course it is. And my opinion is that your incessant whiny variations on "I gotta bad feeling about this" that are now into a second season are, well, more than a little whiny.

Yeah...and at that time, it would have been looking good. How it turns out later is another matter. But as I had said previously, IRL I had predicted a Collingwood flag back in October 2022 and my post here before 2023 season started has me predicting we'd finish Top....which we did.

Yeah, you can never account for what's going to happen throughout a season, but still.

I guess you're missing my point. Making premier calls in March is stupid

I guess you're missing my point. Making premier calls in March is stupid

It was literally a thread about predictions dude.

Of course it is. And my opinion is that your incessant whiny variations on "I gotta bad feeling about this" that are now into a second season are, well, more than a little whiny.

But again...so far accurate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spectacularly inaccurate last year. Keep it up.

I mean, we finished top didn't we?

I don't think I put in Premiership Predictions for last year before the season started. I'd need to have a dig around.

You gave up on this team last season.

I wouldn't say gave up per se. Definitely had serious concerns when our form turned and had said I was hoping we'd "flick a switch" come finals time, or was hoping that the players were just waiting for finals to start before switching on.

You gave up on this team last season.
I have been giving up on the team after every loss for decades then at games someone does something good and I am back on the bandwagon. Have only had two heart attacks.:)

JDG and Steele stepped up in the biggest moments of their careers. Both Crisp and Mitchell would have been worthy winners of the medal themselves. It hasn’t prevented heat coming on any of them 4. The GF performance from Hill lifted expectations which he’s yet to meet in 2024 and for that reason he’s been the biggest downer of our smalls.

Some on here have been knee jerky toward certain players be it because of their age, perceived impact or trade cost. Suck it up and get behind them until the club makes the call.

Why people dropping Sidebottom? He was one of our better players in OR.

He wasn't all that good against GWS and was deplorable against Sydney

Could it be the end is coming faster than some thought? Maybe, but either way he looked incredibly slow and literally directly cost us at least 2-3 goals against Sydney.

If we're bringing back Mitchell as well as bringing in Frampton and Reef, then a third needs to come out.

He wasn't all that good against GWS and was deplorable against Sydney

Could it be the end is coming faster than some thought? Maybe, but either way he looked incredibly slow and literally directly cost us at least 2-3 goals against Sydney.

If we're bringing back Mitchell as well as bringing in Frampton and Reef, then a third needs to come out.
He was one of our best against GWS lol

He had a really good season last year. It could be that sides are putting more work into him because we don't really have a FF to worry about. Jamie is probably our strongest marking forward atm. I also think our ball movement hasn't helped. I think he'll be fine as the season unfolds
Jamie is fine, even if he’s not kicking goals (which often happens as a small forward) he’s still able to find the ball and impact the game.

2 goals, 2 tackles inside 50 and 4 score involvements last week.
16 disposals, 3 tackles inside 50 and 6 score involvements vs GWS (could have been 2 goals too but his radar was off).

Those are above average numbers for a small forward by pretty much any metric, and on that basis I find the criticism of his game or assertions that he’s struggling to be fairly baffling tbh.

I would be more confident in the club's med-long term future if we made a statement at selection.

IN. Mitchell, McInnes ... MacRae full game! Prob Mitchell sub

OUT: Elliott, McCreery

This gives Ash another opportunity.

Hopefully, Jamie and Beau kill it in 2's and straight back in, but develop that absolute competition and lust for an opportunity in the team.
Why the * would you drop Elliott, who by league standards is performing his role in most important metrics to between an average to elite rating, to retain AJ who’s been below average in every single category?

This is the definition of insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back