VFL Round 21 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park (Pies WON 122-59! #ZebrasIrkedReallyBadApex)

Remove this Banner Ad

I left at three quarter time, but the marks by McLarty and the Crocker, in that quarter, were two of the best I've seen all year at any level.

Re McLarty, I agree that he doesnt look ready yet for seniors. But I sat on the fence behind the interchange and at one point when he came off, again in the third quarter, he looked very sore and was limping slightly. There's every chance he's been playing sore for some weeks, given our injuries.

Interesting listening to the players talk amongst themselves as they stood waiting for their interchange replacements to come off. Some confusion too, at one stage with Lynch appearing to get conflicting messages about whether he was changing with Jok or McLarty, and going into the ruck or up forward. He is starting to look the goods and if we keep him on the list, I'd expect to see him in the seniors in 2019.

Re Jok, in the first half he got the ball but rarely disposed of it to one of our guys. In the second half he settled and definitely shows something. Fantastic to see these African guys coming through in footy.

One more comment. In the first half I sat in the Sherrin Stand and unfortunately there were a couple of obnoxious Pies fans near me. One of them kept referring to McLarty as 'Forrest'. Now I took that to mean Forrest Gump, the film character with a disability. He and his mates thought it was funny. Morons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-25/pie-defender-emerges-unscathed-from-vfl-return

Goldsack was ready to return a month ago, an astonishingly quick recovery considering he had a traditional reconstruction, which usually requires a 12-month rehab period.

Can somebody please explain to me how this is possible?

By that I mean, how can somebody be ready to return to competitive football with a twelve-month injury, after only four months?

Did the ligament graft simply morph into a ready-to-go piece of his body 3x faster than usual?

Or was it some kind of special surgery?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-25/pie-defender-emerges-unscathed-from-vfl-return

Goldsack was ready to return a month ago, an astonishingly quick recovery considering he had a traditional reconstruction, which usually requires a 12-month rehab period.

Can somebody please explain to me how this is possible?

By that I mean, how can somebody be ready to return to competitive football with a twelve-month injury, after only four months?

Did the ligament graft simply morph into a ready-to-go piece of his body 3x faster than usual?

Or was it some kind of special surgery?

I think he had a quad graft as opposed to hamstring. Or something like that.

And as bad as our medical team is with most injuries, we've got a pretty good record with returns from knees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I left at three quarter time, but the marks by McLarty and the Crocker, in that quarter, were two of the best I've seen all year at any level.

Re McLarty, I agree that he doesnt look ready yet for seniors. But I sat on the fence behind the interchange and at one point when he came off, again in the third quarter, he looked very sore and was limping slightly. There's every chance he's been playing sore for some weeks, given our injuries.

Interesting listening to the players talk amongst themselves as they stood waiting for their interchange replacements to come off. Some confusion too, at one stage with Lynch appearing to get conflicting messages about whether he was changing with Jok or McLarty, and going into the ruck or up forward. He is starting to look the goods and if we keep him on the list, I'd expect to see him in the seniors in 2019.

Re Jok, in the first half he got the ball but rarely disposed of it to one of our guys. In the second half he settled and definitely shows something. Fantastic to see these African guys coming through in footy.

One more comment. In the first half I sat in the Sherrin Stand and unfortunately there were a couple of obnoxious Pies fans near me. One of them kept referring to McLarty as 'Forrest'. Now I took that to mean Forrest Gump, the film character with a disability. He and his mates thought it was funny. Morons.

Re jok-I think the "rarely" disposed of it to Collingwood guy in the first half is a bit tough. I thought he changed the game when he went into the ruck. He can literally play in every position on the ground-how many players could say that ?

he worked over the other ruckman

And so, that's that. Casey lose 85-114, we miss out on the double-chance.

We officially finish 5th and will play Essendon next week in the 1st Elimination Final at North Port Oval.

Date & time still to be confirmed, along with broadcast details. More as they come to hand...

Re jok-I think the "rarely" disposed of it to Collingwood guy in the first half is a bit tough. I thought he changed the game when he went into the ruck. He can literally play in every position on the ground-how many players could say that ?

he worked over the other ruckman

Fair enough. I saw 5 or 6 times where Jok's kicks to team mates fell short or missed the target by some way, but he did settle and turned on quite a show after that. I left at 3/4 time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back