Game Day Round 22, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Sydney @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 14 August @ 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney should have more incentive to win this but would love to see 4 quarters of football like we played in the first half last week. It is beginning to feel like 1993.

They actually have very little incentive to win... They can't realistically climb to 4th and earn a double chance, nor can they fall to 7th. Whether they finish 5th or 6th is kinda irrelevant when it is unlikely that you can play a home final either way.

No Buddy, Mills or Lloyd and they are all apparently fine to play.

I haven't been this nervous since half-time last week!

They actually have very little incentive to win... They can't realistically climb to 4th and earn a double chance, nor can they fall to 7th. Whether they finish 5th or 6th is kinda irrelevant when it is unlikely that you can play a home final either way.

Form is incentive

I reckon they’d rather finish 5th and play whoever bradburys their way into 8th instead of playing gws who will likely finish 7th

I think we are in with a shot in this one.
Sydney are a much better side with buddy in.
Bonar to Heeney.
Turner to gulden.

Personally I'd be sending Turner to play a lockdown role on Papley.

I dare say not running into finals losing 2-3 games beforehand is incentive so I expect them to totally bring it. And the thing that worries me most is we got steamrolled late last week by the Tigers and we all saw what they put up last night.

Of course there are some that differ the view but we'll miss Mahony's forward pressure tonight. The smaller forwards will have to work a bit harder to kick a winning score. We've not seen a real two prong KPF set up either so you'd hope we're bringing the ball to ground more.

The main rule is for everybody to just have fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2007. Just think about that.
. The 19 men saga
. The Goodes thigh headlock on Spitter ( holding the ball )
. Alir arsey goal
. The Tarrant 50m
. The Papley factor
. Hobart black hole
. The trainer filling up space
. List is endless.........

North by 15.

we did have good days tho

[TD valign="top"]
North Melbourne defeats Sydney​
Round 6, Saturday, 1st May 1993
Brownlow Votes: 3: A McAdam, 2: A Rock, 1: S Watters
Team
Q1​
Q2​
Q3​
Q4​
Final​
North Melbourne
11.5​
15.7​
25.10​
35.19​
229​
Sydney
1.3​
8.5​
12.8​
16.9​
105​
[/TD]

we did have good days tho

[TD valign="top"]
North Melbourne defeats Sydney​
Round 6, Saturday, 1st May 1993
Brownlow Votes: 3: A McAdam, 2: A Rock, 1: S Watters
Team
Q1​
Q2​
Q3​
Q4​
Final​
North Melbourne
11.5​
15.7​
25.10​
35.19​
229​
Sydney
1.3​
8.5​
12.8​
16.9​
105​
[/TD]
Yep. I would like to see 1993 repeat itself tonight. How good would 35 goals be!!!

But I'd also take the penultimate round score line so that history can repeat itself...

1628904356263.png

I dare say not running into finals losing 2-3 games beforehand is incentive so I expect them to totally bring it. And the thing that worries me most is we got steamrolled late last wee by the Tigers and we all saw what they put up last night.
GWS did the one thing we didn't do, and may have made some difference, they put scoreboard pressure on them. It seems like a pretty simple philosophy but if you don't do it, you do tend to leave yourself open to what happened last week.
Of course there are some that differ the view but we'll miss Mahony's forward pressure tonight. The smaller forwards will have to work a bit harder to kick a winning score. We've not seen a real two prong KPF set up either so you'd hope we're bringing the ball to ground.
I'm not one of them, I think we will definitely miss Mahony. It would be noice to see Comben show the confidence that he has. This guy can play, and he knows it. Its just a shame its going to be against the ultra defensive Sydney.

I'm not one of them, I think we will definitely miss Mahony. It would be noice to see Comben show the confidence that he has. This guy can play, and he knows it. Its just a shame its going to be against the ultra defensive Sydney.
I also think that the ground level work done by Mahoney is often under-valued. He gets involved and his game is trending in a good direction.

I don't think a tough defensive game will hurt Comben. He will get the taste he needs and will this ought to set him up to aim high over the next pre-season. Would love to see him do well though - tonic for the troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back