Preview Round 22, 2022: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Friday 12th August, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Lions

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine we should have just won that game, regardless of where or how. 3 goals up in a game where 9 goals total got kicked. We got outplayed, out hustled and our coached and now it might be the game that costs us finals.
lose by a point kicking 4 goals 19 points tells me this is a game we should've won and cost us a top 8 spot

So we were never in any games we lost like the Dons game? But the teams we did lose to who are in the top 4 or 8 we were expected to lose to but we are going to miss finals because of the Port loss?
What…

Port are s**t and we had a 3 goal lead in a game that had 9 total goals. We lost the unloseable through s**t execution bad coaching and no composure.

Win that one and we’re in the 8 right now.

It’s not nearly as complicated as your making it

What…

Port are s**t and we had a 3 goal lead in a game that had 9 total goals. We lost the unloseable through s**t execution bad coaching and no composure.

Win that one and we’re in the 8 right now.

It’s not nearly as complicated as your making it
claiming Port was shiiit is not an argument, do you think when we beat Richmond in the season they said they shouldn't have lost the game because we are shiiiit? Richmond might miss the finals because they don't accumulate enough points from wins, that is all, it's not because they lost a game to a shiiit side which by extension makes Hardwick a crap coach.

claiming Port was shiiit is not an argument, do you think when we beat Richmond in the season they said they shouldn't have lost the game because we are shiiiit? Richmond might miss the finals because they don't accumulate enough points from wins, that is all, it's not because they lost a game to a shiiit side which by extension makes Hardwick a crap coach.
Im not sure if your serious? You reckon teams don’t look back at the missed opportunities? I actually have no idea what point you’re trying to make here other than to be deliberately obtuse

Im not sure if your serious? You reckon teams don’t look back at the missed opportunities? I actually have no idea what point you’re trying to make here other than to be deliberately obtuse
As Popcorn stated, maybe we miss final because we are off the pace. Radical I know. And yeah, it's human nature to dwell on missed opportunities but picking one loss out of 10 is based on flawed logic a 7 year old can pull apart.

As Popcorn stated, maybe we miss final because we are off the pace. Radical I know. And yeah, it's human nature to dwell on missed opportunities but picking one loss out of 10 is based on flawed logic a 7 year old can pull apart.
Well you’ve failed to do it so you must be 6? 6 and a half?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannebery cleared of any serious injury, expect 30 and 4 goals from him as we get past the lions this week.

Then comes the tricky last round clash agianst the swans, King to kick 6 as we get over the line by 15 and secure a finals spot.

Then comes a difficult elimination final against the dockers out west, Ben long with 14 tackles and 5 goals out of nowhere as we scrub out a 33 point win.

Tough one after that with a semi final against the demons, Cooper Sharman swings back and forth each quarter in a match saving roll. 47 point win.

Huge preliminary final, the cats retain possession for three quarters but late inclusion Dean Kent kicks 4 in the last and we get on a role. 61 point win.

Deja vu everywhere as we face the red-hot 15 game win-streak pies again in a grand final, Jack Steele doing his best Lenny Hayes impression winning the norm smith. Drawn grand final of course, back the week after to lose by 94 points as we simply don't show up.

I don't know what it all means, may as well just play the kids this week.

Last edited:
Hannebery cleared of any serious injury, expect 30 and 4 goals from him as we get past the lions this week.

Then comes the tricky last round clash agianst the swans, King to kick 6 as we get over the line by 15 and secure a finals spot.

Then comes a difficult elimination final against the dockers out west, Ben long with 14 tackles and 5 goals out of nowhere as we scrub out a 33 point win.

Tough one after that with a semi final against the demons, Cooper Sharman swings back and forth each quarter in a match saving role. 47 point win.

Huge preliminary final, the cats retain possession for three quarters but late inclusion Dean Kent kicks 4 in the last and we get on a role. 61 point win.

Deja vu everywhere as we face the red-hot 15 game win-streak pies again in a grand final, Jack Steele doing his best Lenny Hayes impression winning the norm smith. Drawn grand final of course, back the week after to lose by 94 points as we simply don't show up.

I don't know what it all means, may as well just play the kids this week.
#HalosOn #SaintsFooty

The effort- or lack of, against The Swans was really a low point. We're a team trying to get in the eight, but turn on a bloody woeful uninspired, unmotivated performance. We need to be driven harder from the top down.

My logic would dictate that for a half we were shittier than they were and dropped a game we had all but sewn up but by all means keep having arguments with yourself.
Maybe try mathematics, one loss out of 10 losses let's us blame the Port loss for 10% of the reason we miss finals and not 100% of the reason.

The effort- or lack of, against The Swans was really a low point. We're a team trying to get in the eight, but turn on a bloody woeful uninspired, unmotivated performance. We need to be driven harder from the top down.
The games wins against North, the Crows and the 2nd match agaisnt the Hawks were ones that probably tell us as much as some of our losses. We are just short of talent and class and way off the pace. We need 2 to 3 more years of successful recruiting. Get this the recruiting wrong this year and next and we are back to rebuild by 2024.

Maybe try mathematics, one loss out of 10 losses let's us blame the Port loss for 10% of the reason we miss finals and not 100% of the reason.
You should probably stop mate, it’s well beyond you already.

If we miss by one game then one game we absolutely should not have lost (within the actual game, not theoretically) then that loss would be 100% of the reason we missed finals wouldn’t it?

It was an outlier against a side racked with injury and poor form and we failed to nail the door shut in a game that should have been a big win. A really mentally weak effort but the conditions may have contributed to the poor kicking on goal.

You should probably stop mate, it’s well beyond you already.

If we miss by one game then one game we absolutely should not have lost (within the actual game, not theoretically) then that loss would be 100% of the reason we missed finals wouldn’t it?
So follow me here. Your logic is that from our 10 losses, only one of them is the reason we miss finals because we shouldn't have lost it. So by extension of that logic the other 9 losses were ones we should have lost. Therefore we can only apportion 10% blame on Port based on your logic of which losses are to blame for us missing finals. If we only had one loss for the season and that loss was the reason we missed finals THEN we can apportion 100% blame on one loss.

I'm not good at maths but someone might be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

So follow me here. Your logic is that from our 10 losses, only one of them is the reason we miss finals because we shouldn't have lost it. So by extension of that logic the other 9 losses were ones we should have lost. Therefore we can only apportion 10% blame on Port based on your logic of which losses are to blame for us missing finals. If we only had one loss for the season and that loss was the reason we missed finals THEN we can apportion 100% blame on one loss.

I'm not good at maths but someone might be able to correct me if I'm wrong.
1- not my logic at all, you’ve not really been arguing with me the whole time, you’re just yelling at clouds my dude. I’ve never said it was 100% the reason BUT simply, we win that and we’re in the 8 right now
2- maths is that to make finals you generally need 13 wins so no, not every loss is why we might miss finals, plus no one wins every game, plus we weren’t literally leading by 3 goals in every game that the team who won kicked 5 goals.

Not all losses are equal, the port loss was a game we just never ever should have lost from before the game right until the last minute. That’s not the same as the Melbourne loss (they are just a better team) the Essendon loss (we didn’t show up at all) the Collingwood loss (both sides actually had a dip and they rode their luck).

We somehow managed to lose that game in spite of it being such an easy win even during the game, we win that game (which again, we absolutely should have) and we’re in the 8 and probably need one more win for finals.

It was an outlier against a side racked with injury and poor form and we failed to nail the door shut in a game that should have been a big win. A really mentally weak effort but the conditions may have contributed to the poor kicking on goal.
Yes but what about the other 9 losses.

Yes but what about the other 9 losses.

The second half of the season is a complete collapse and hard to justify. At that stage we were flying with everything going to plan and confidence up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back