Remove this Banner Ad

AFL coaches votes.​

Carlton v Hawthorn​

9 Sam Docherty (CARL)
8 Changkuoth Jiath (HAW)
5 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
5 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
3 Dylan Moore (HAW)

You're missing the point entirely SYL - these stats merely distort the reality.
No one's saying he isn't an endurance runner, we all know that he is.
But he lacks speed at the contest - whether to escape with the ball or catch his man. Have a look at 2 incidents in the last quarter - your big picture stats won't help you there.

Sam Mitchell lacked pace as well but he compensated for that with extraordinary agility and that 6th sense that great footballers have.

I suspect it was Finn's lack of speed at the contest that kept him at Box Hill last year.
He’s played 6 games.

Maybe wait until he’s played a few more before critiquing him too harshly, and particularly against Sam Mitchell.

What I would like to see is a club take a stance behind closed doors to ban s**t umpires from being anywhere near a hawks match, to put up with half the crap they dish out is a joke, not sure if it’s possible but if we keep seeing the same umpires doing the same things week in week out it ruins the game

Ned Ryderson - still not twenty pages. Shame isn't it. What can we do to change that, perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does Cripps get a long time to get rid of it from when he is tackled?
He doesn't seem to be slowed down or stopped from disposing however he wants but a tackle is a tackle isn't it?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

We missed a lot of HTB frees on Sunday because of the Carlton crowd.

HTB is perhaps the best indicator of umpires lacking spine at times... because they are complicated decisions.

View attachment 1363460

Its like Frosty is invisible.

Clearly MVP for mine. Harry and DeKoning didnt get near it. CJ played well and he is exciting but once again his dreadful turnovers get ignored.
Frosts game has gone
to another level! Mitch was quick to correct the media in their frenzied CJ questions in his press conference.
Why is Frost invisible to Hawthorn fans?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Because most fans think that Frost plays football. Once you realise and accept that he plays to his own tune of Frostball can you only truly understand how good he is.

Ned Ryderson - still not twenty pages. Shame isn't it. What can we do to change that, perhaps?
Well we must have done fairly well because normally after a loss there is a plethora of negative posters who can't wait to post their opinions over and over again.

Is it just me or does Cripps get a long time to get rid of it from when he is tackled?
He doesn't seem to be slowed down or stopped from disposing however he wants but a tackle is a tackle isn't it?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
He does. So does danger and Petracca The elite bullocking mids get eternity to dispose of the ball and are heralded for strength in the tackle (rightly so) but 2nd stringers aren’t given the same leeway. Example was Finn against the boundary on the wing in the third (or early 4th)

View attachment 1363460

Its like Frosty is invisible.

Clearly MVP for mine. Harry and DeKoning didnt get near it. CJ played well and he is exciting but once again his dreadful turnovers get ignored.
Frosts game has gone
to another level! Mitch was quick to correct the media in their frenzied CJ questions in his press conference.
Why is Frost invisible to Hawthorn fans?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Dreadful turnovers? Lol.

CJ was incredible yesterday. Fans thought it. Oppo fans thought it and the coaches clearly thought it going by the coaches votes. He was EASILY our best player yesterday.

Frosty has been good and is definitely underrated, however please stop trying to constantly tear down one of the most exciting young players in the comp just to get your point across about Frosty being underrated.

CJ transforms us as a team.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Why did CJ not go for the ball near the goal square and allow the Carlton forward to kick a goal? That was one of the weirdest things I've seen for a while.

The worst one given was against Reeves. He barely took a step before he was tackled

Thought Breust was worse. He took a bouncing ball mid air and was chicken winged straight away for HTB.

Thought Breust was worse. He took a bouncing ball mid air and was chicken winged straight away for HTB.
One arm was free so i can see why it was paid. Should have just dropped it out as that is generally play on (I hate that you can drop it out and there is generally no penalty)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back