Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, Day is elite in the guts. BOG by a long way. Moore not far behind

Brockman should never set foot on a VFL ground again.
Um... which is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our light of frame players like Day and Morrison look so much stronger through the core this year.
MacDonald was so bloody clean in that last quarter when the game was on the line, he one touches everything.
Day just keeps getting better, will be our best player by seasons end and every chance to be a top ten mid in a few years.
Brockman was just awesome even better than his stats suggested which were bloody good anyway, just does so many smart taps and bumps and his vision to spot up better options is top class
Scrimshaw and Morrison welcome back, they made our defence structure so much more solid. Allowed to attack and structure up so much better.

Pleasing to see the change in ball movement. More patience. Enabled us to defend the ground better too.

Brockman and Greene up forward were excellent, but don’t discount the efforts of big Lloyd and to a lesser extent Ned.

They made plenty of contests in the air which prevented the North defenders from intercepting as much as Essendon and Sydney.

Honestly - LDU out probably did make a fair difference but in the end you can only play the 22 they put on the park and we clearly deserves to win.

The beers will taste much better tonight as a result.

Well done HAWKS! 🍺 🍺 🍺

Important win. The best part was responding in the 4th when it looked to be slipping.

First half was really good. Midfield was on top and half back line was terrific. CJ was the prime mover in the first half. But in the second half, North upped the pressure and we battled with it. Ball movement and use dropped right off and North put the clamps on CJ. I felt Day and Mackenzie really kept us ticking in the third. The response in the 4th was great.

That was Day's best game of footy. Real break out game in the middle as he won clearances, tackled and got plenty of it, including at important stages. He was BOG.

Newcombe and Moore were good. Mackenzie is exciting and I liked Ward's and McDonald's games.

Brockman makes a difference. He's a dangerous player who can hit the scoreboard.

We won't get many better chances this year, so i'd have been flat if we let that slip.

A star in the making.

11 disposals - 6 marks - 3 tackles - 3 goals - 1 behind

images

Still not sold on brockman, but bloody hell it was a smart game. Led to the right spots, chased hard. Will make a believer of me very quickly if he keeps that up

Impey and bramble the turnover kings. At least Impey finally put his body on the line
Words fail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back