Preview Round 3: Essendon vs St Kilda, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30/03/24 @ 4:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assumed Tsatas is out because both Parish and Hobbs are available.

Did see Merrett quite frustrated with Tsatas last week against Sydney not sure what the issue was there.
Tsatas ran back defensively.

So Wright is out and no KPF comes in? Serious?

And omitting both Tsatas and Davey takes the pace out of the side.

I actually like it as I think we should only be carrying one ruck and a forward ruck.

Draper will play forward for longer to provide pressure and a contest.

Tsatas and Davey out is dumb.

Heppell and Hind should have been dropped instead.

I actually like it as I think we should only be carrying one ruck and a forward ruck.

Draper will play forward for longer to provide pressure and a contest.

Tsatas and Davey out is dumb.

Heppell and Hind should have been dropped instead.
So you wanted one of Tsatas or Davey to play half back flank ?

Heppell is not a selection I am for but at least come up with a like for like .

Davey has been in average form and Tsatas has had a few defensive and Essendon edge issues.

All you bong smokers complaining Heppell is in the side in front of Tstatas and Davey could at least come up with a like for like replacement for Heppell. It would have more legs if you complained that Roberts should be in.

All you bong smokers complaining Heppell is in the side in front of Tstatas and Davey could at least come up with a like for like replacement for Heppell. It would have more legs if you complained that Roberts should be in.

Why does it have to be like for like? Particularly when the best 22 is already out of shape.

Redman for Heppell.
Kelly for Hind
Parish for Wright but he takes Hobbs spot in the midfield.
Hobbs becomes a half forward.
Draper takes Wrights spot as forward-ruck.

Team better balanced.

Why does it have to be like for like? Particularly when the best 22 is already out of shape.

Redman for Heppell.
Kelly for Hind

Team better balanced.
Makes perfect sense.

Like for like? No one can celebrate a 200th like Hep

Redman for Heppell.
Kelly for Hind

Team better balanced.
Hind has been better than Davey but yes I can see that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly defence, Tsatas midfield.

To be fair, we have Wright going out with a small mid, a wing and a back flank coming in. Changes don’t have to be and often aren’t exactly like for like.

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ST KILDA OUTS: Gresham, Crouch, Wood, Clark, Webster, Howard, Paton
ST KILDA INS: Bonner, Wilson, Membrey, Steele, Jones, Hastie, Sharman

ESSENDON OUTS: D'Ambrosio, Shiel, Ridley, Davey, Weideman, Jones
ESSENDON INS: Gresham, McKay, Duursma, Hobbs, Goldstein, Cox

Im really happy to see them not replace wright with a like for like replacement.
I wouldve liked ADJ kept in to add more speed/pressure to forward line but lets face it, his body still has some developing to do, so hopefully they have Hind in forward line instead.
Hopefully with this set up we can lock the ball in forward half a bit better than first 2 weeks with Poighter being useless once the ball hit the deck.

Other thought is hoping parish doesn't unsettle the balance of the midfield which has been the best aspect of last 2 games.
Seem to recall one of our best midfield performances last year was hobbs, caldwell and zach up against the blues, then parish slotted in after the bye and both hobbs/caldwell dropped off in output.

Other thought is hoping parish doesn't unsettle the balance of the midfield which has been the best aspect of last 2 games.
Seem to recall one of our best midfield performances last year was hobbs, caldwell and zach up against the blues, then parish slotted in after the bye and both hobbs/caldwell dropped off in output.
Hopefully Setters will balance this out as he was missing around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back