Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he’s a play maker and not a naturally defensive player. Reminds me completely of Gary Ablett Jnr.

Probably doesn’t want to follow the same path with severe shoulder injuries. Which would explain the finger tackling rather than body tackling

He also just doesn’t want to tackle to the ground as he wants to keep his feet so he can stay in the play. Sometimes you just need to in order to lock in the ball and reset.
I think he just needs to tackle and pressure appropriately when he doesn't have the ball. Then we can move to locking it in.

Ablett hurt his shoulders well into his career being tackled.

I thought this would happen.We just can’t maintain pressure for more than a quarter this year.It just drops off so quickly,as we saw that quarter.

It seems to get to hard and we play a totally different way. Absolutely no run off HB in that 2nd quarter and back to just continually bombing it long to no one who can actually mark it....

Our forwards and backs are OK, but midline struggling. No key forward to support down the line is hurting. For those of you blasting mcrae, he is playing the defensive mid rather than offensive which explains his low numbers. Neale and mcluggage killing us.
Nick daicos is our only option that can read the ball better than them so he needs to go back into the middle.

Painfully obvious. The way some posters were talking him up you would swear we had an up and coming gun midfielder
Totally agree that a lot of people have been getting excited way too early. Hasn't shown much at AFL level yet.

I think we keep him in for the full game, let him attempt to show something of himself in the second half.

Fly has to attempt to neutralise Neale, running totally rampant.

Not interested in an honorable loss.

Got to win. 2nd quarter Lions were good it wasn't a case of us being bad. We've come out displaying good spirit so far. Get the chocolates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Reef is worth a shot in the middle. He was touted as a big bodied mid so give him ten minutes in there. He can't do any worse than Degoey, Lippa and Mitchell in that term.
We’d lose him from our forward structure and based on what we’ve heard about young Reef he’ll be gassed in 10 minutes trying to keep up with Neale and Dunkley.

Doesn’t seem a wise call to me. I’d pull the trigger on Crisp for Mitchell shortly, personally.

Sheer dominance from Brisbane that quarter. They look off too, but we were worse.
Lucky they didn’t kick a few more that quarter.

I don’t hold much hope for the 3rd quarter. They tend to be our worst.

I’m tipping Brisbane lead blows out in the 3rd, then we make a comeback but too little too late, in the last.
5 goal loss after a few junktime freebies

I don't like writing blokes off early.
I've seen Schultz play great footy.

But 1 handball and zero tackles in a half of footy for someone that we gave up a Rd 1 pick for is absolutely appalling.

There has to be a disconnect between coaching, player and game plan.

It’s not Shultz’s fault that we overpaid for him. It’s our recruiting staff’s fault. Don’t judge the player on a metric he has no say in or control over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back