Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lions are short priced favorites at $1.38 to our $3.05. We have no chance apparently.

If we can travel with a backs-to-the-wall siege mentality and stay in the game in the first half, the Lions might screw the pooch. They are under just as much pressure as us but all the pressure will be on them at the GABBA.

For us it’s a free swing.

Geez people get super negative super quick. We should be celebrating these guys, the champs who gave us so much over the past couple of years. Stick fat, stay supportive.

Noble in over Markov, not sold on Fin, but he does deserve a full game. I'd like to see Naicos play high half forward with license to roam and Bytel or Sullivan come in as an extra mid. Missing inside grunt.

The Reef and Frampton inclusions worked, so at least that’s a step in right direction. Shame we didn’t line up that way versus GWS and Swans.

Noble in for Markov seems justified, as does making Lipinski sub and - finally - giving Macrae some full games to properly demonstrate what he has to offer.

Beyond that, no changes. We need experienced players against the Lions at the Gabba.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many more losses will it take until these coaches start to have honest conversation with certain senior players..

Only senior player Ive seen them drop since fly came in was WHE, and thats when we were winning. Now we're losing? Lets see how brutal they can be

The fact that Sidebottom wasn’t the one being subbed off tells me the coaches have absolutely either no balls, no idea, or both.

We’re in a rut where our lack of speed and run are a problem and we make our team slower by subbing Markov. When they could have subbed Sidebottom who is not only slow, but was turning it over with every possession.

Then Markov could have at least been tried on the wing.

Hard to know what to do now. Hard to know exactly what has gone so very wrong this year!

Apparently we’re fitter than ever, but we look slow and old.

From last nights side, an obvious change is to drop Markov and bring in Noble. Right now, you’ll surely get more from Noble.

Steele is a dead set worry. I would prefer WHE in over Steele at this point.

Fin Macrae needs to be in from the start because our midfield needs some hungry youth. Would have preferred to have started him and play Mitchell as sub last night. So perhaps that for next week.

Some players are now on notice…

Jack Crisp. One more bad game and he gets dropped.

Bobby Hill needs to get his head out of the clouds and back to the job. He had that brief purple patch but he is trying to be too flashy. Seems like the norm smith maybe got to his head a bit.

Steele, if not “managed” this week as we tend to say when dropping the older blokes, he’s one more shocker away from finishing his career in the VFL, mentoring the younger blokes.

Darcy Moore, captain or not, he’s on notice too. Our defence is super leaky. Not sure how get got all Australian last year. Started well. Was more mediocre later in the season.

De Goey, you’re not Dustin Martin. Stop trying to be and earn your pay!

Quaynor needs to ease up on the weights in the gym because he looks like the bulk is slowing him now! He’s not as mobile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest.

Our biggest and perhaps only hope for next week up at the GABBA is that Brisbane are somehow in as big a hole as us at 0-2.

May the best worst team win.
I can already see a 40-15 free kick count.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

How many more losses will it take until these coaches start to have honest conversation with certain senior players..

Only senior player Ive seen them drop since fly came in was WHE, and thats when we were winning. Now we're losing? Lets see how brutal they can be
But you waxed lyrical over Lippa all summer and that has produced donuts

At Collingwood, Hill average 10+ disposals and 1.5 goals a game.
So why does Hill get the benefit of more years to reach that level? Doesn't seem to be the same standard.

Also, McCreery averaged over 10 disposals last season. It's a very fine line for small forwards

B. Dean. Frampton Quaynor
HB. Maynard. Moore. Noble
C. WHE. Naicos. Jaicos
HF. Hill. Checkers. Mcreery
F. Elliot. Reef. Howe

R. Cameron Degoey. Crisp (last chance)
Int. Macrae. Lipinski. Allen Shultz
Sub Pendles

I’d like to see us go for much more mobility and speed. With Frampton back in and able to pinch hit in the ruck, I’d like to see us make the following changes:

OUT: Cox
IN: Dean (to free-up Frampton to ruck and/or Howe to play forward)

OUT: Sidebottom (make a statement)
IN: Allan (some players are better at AFL than VFL. I think he’ll be one.)

OUT: Mitchell
IN: Sullivan (ready-made replacement)

OUT: Lipinski
IN: Noble (sub)

Gee it would be a quick line-up and fun to watch, regardless of result.

I hold no hope that the above will actually happen. We’ll likely just tinker at the edges again and get flogged by 40pts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back