Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s played 3 games in 12 days and has been rested. Will play against Hawthorn.
One of our best in round 0

I hope they keep rotating our senior citizens on an almost weekly basis, , although they probably won’t manage crisp or Pendles as they have personal milestones to consider. It shouldn’t come into it but it might be at the back of selectors minds.

Edit … so far we have rested Howe Mitchell WHE and Sidebum so maybe that was the plan all along! Admittedly the first two had injury niggles but could have played if needed. The problem has been not starting the likes of macrae in the 22.

Last edited:
Sidebum was fantastic last year. We all know he's super important but he was the worst of a bad bunch last week.

We can't be sure why he's out this week but surely continuing to play someone that low on confidence is harmful to both the player and the team.

Hope he rebounds, I had already written him off once under Buckley and was glad to be proven wrong.
The Side Bum will return. And we will rejoice once again.

This is the team I would've selected (⚠️I'm a mroon⚠️):

FB: Maynard | Dean | Frampton
HB: Crisp | Moore | Quaynor
M: J.Daicos | Pendlebury | N.Daicos
R: Cameron | F.Macrae | Mitchell
HF: Hill | Howe | De Goey
FF: Schultz | Johnson | Mihocek
INT: Hoskin-Elliot | Sullivan | Cox | Elliot 2
SUB: Lapinski [Utility MID/FWD]

Sidebottom's out because he was managed. IDK Why. 😭

This is the team I would've selected (I'm a mroon):

FB: Maynard | Dean | Frampton
HB: Crisp | Moore | Quaynor
M: J.Daicos | Pendlebury | N.Daicos
R: Cameron | F.Macrae | Mitchell
HF: Hill | Howe | De Goey
FF: Schultz | Johnson | Mihocek
INT: Hoskin-Elliot | Sullivan | Cox | Elliot 2
SUB: Lapinski [Utility MID/FWD]

Sidebottom's out because he was managed. IDK Why.

Johnson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnson?
emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was the only other KPF I could find, not injured, that fit the structure I was going for. I believe in him too.

Last edited:
Not surprised that Sidey has been managed. 4 games in such close succession is, I believe, the main reason for his omission, rather than poor form. I think we are consciously rotating the veterans - as someone said (can't remember who) the value of the veterans might well be doubly significant in June/July, when their experience and leadership in wet soggy conditions might prove decisive, compared with iMarch, with dry grounds and speed the king. Thereforre, we are ensuring our veterans are there for us when their attributes can be a dominant factor.
I was surprised that Titch retained his spot in the side, but I am hoping that Finn will be in the starting 22 as well. So this will buttress the midfield with two inside mids, and allow JDG the chance to go forward.
It is a hard call as to who should be the sub. It would be bitterly disappointing if McInnes were demoted to sub after his game last week. Maybe WHE is replacing Markov and Noble is the sub, but that would be disappointing as well... I was really hoping Noble would be in the starting 22.
It has been mentioned that Crisp might be starting as the sub. That would be an incredibly left field move, and I can't really believe it as Mitchell has retained his spot after an equally poor performance last week.
Surely Fly would back in Crisp one more time.
In fact, there is not one player in the potential sub list that I want to be the sub!! I would have preferred WHE to be the sub, and all those on the interchange list starting.

One of our best in round 0

I hope they keep rotating our senior citizens on an almost weekly basis, , although they probably won’t manage crisp or Pendles as they have personal milestones to consider. It shouldn’t come into it but it might be at the back of selectors minds.

Edit … so far we have rested Howe Mitchell WHE and Sidebum so maybe that was the plan all along! Admittedly the first two had injury niggles but could have played if needed. The problem has been not starting the likes of macrae in the 22.
I'm sure we'll get an injury at some stage, but at the moment it looks like we've added Macrae to the senior group and thus have a surplus senior mid/runner and are rotating them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most concerned about the virus that Cameron had and apparently impacted others.

We really need to return running ourselves into the ground with pressure acts if we are going to win. That’s going to be tough if players are only partially fit.

Would happily go with Cox in the ruck on his own.

Most concerned about the virus that Cameron had and apparently impacted others.

We really need to return running ourselves into the ground with pressure acts if we are going to win. That’s going to be tough if players are only partially fit.

Would happily go with Cox in the ruck on his own.

Where’d you hear this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's gone under the radar but Markov is about to turn 28 and has been woeful.

Needs to pull his finger out, quick.
Not that far under the radar given he’s been dropped

It's gone under the radar but Markov is about to turn 28 and has been woeful.

Needs to pull his finger out, quick.
Maybe there's more than just his finger in there. It seems like the whole side has a whole fist to pull out before they even get to the so called finger

He was dropped after possibly the worst game of his career. I don't buy all this 'managed' stuff. Given it was the start of a new season, it's not as if his poor game last week was the result of playing only one game 6 days earlier. He needs to lift his form.

Just like WHE & Mitchell in the previous two weeks, he has been managed and will be back into the side next week.

I tend to agree that the 6 day break stuff is a bit of a cop out, but to me this is just squad rotation. Sidebottom will play next week and someone else will be managed. Whether it's next week or not, there will be a game or two this season where Pendlebury is used as a sub or managed with a week off too.

Just like WHE & Mitchell in the previous two weeks, he has been managed and will be back into the side next week.

I tend to agree that the 6 day break stuff is a bit of a cop out, but to me this is just squad rotation. Sidebottom will play next week and someone else will be managed. Whether it's next week or not, there will be a game or two this season where Pendlebury is used as a sub or managed with a week off too.
Yeah but Sidebottom is not out because he was rested. He is out because of deplorable form last week and the fear that he might perform similarly this week. Let's not all compete for club sycophant of the month award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back