AFLW Round 3 vs Carlton @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Power lady

Take a read. As far as I can see she is Victorian has no connection with the Power.

Take a read. As far as I can see she is Victorian has no connection with the Power.

She calls us 'Port Power'

That explains why she doesn't give enough of a s**t to bother to get the club name right

Only had time to tune in for the last 5-10 minutes of the second quarter. Ironically, the period we kicked 3 goals.

I blame me.
Same! I thought we looked absolutely brilliant but I only was able to watch the 2nd.

I think we'll find ways to stay in the game longer as time goes on. Plenty to like in that 2nd.

The stat sheet will tell you she only had 4 touches today but I watched Jade Halfpenny quite closely today and she looks the goods.

She definitely provides a target up forward, applies pressure and works hard off the ball.

I can recall a 1v1 contest she won when the ball was heading toward the boundary in the third quarter.

She calls us 'Port Power'
Awful commentator. Struggled with plosives all day but one particularly annoying example was "a great passage of play by Port Power".

Last edited:
I think the commentators have been told to get the name right because for the first 3 quarters we were Port um-ah-delaide. Then when it was close and exciting in the last they forgot about trying and we were Portpower again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpiring in these games is disgraceful. We were robbed blind in that quarter especially.
I seemed like every decision they made they paused for a few seconds before blowing the whistle. Was weird.

I don't know if this was always the plan or it just developed like this but Ewings' midfield time has gone from close to 0% in round 1 to 50% or so in round 2 to nearly 100% in round 3. It's a big load on an 18 year old, pretty sure she will start getting attention from the opposition soon as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back