AFLW Round 4 - Carlton v Richmond at IKON PARK, Saturday 3.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

4 goals in 10 games says it all. I know shes rucking more this year but give that spot to someone with pace

I think she ruck as much last season, we have Seymour nailing that role at the moment while Alice Edmonds toiled away in that role mostly last season - so it probably even worse for Sab than even you are suggesting.

It's no surprise she is better with Sarah Hosking in the side - Hosking helps Conti massively with her body opening up the angles - only had to see what happened to Conti in that second qtr. Add a little midfield time for McKenzie and Seymour's growing awareness of second efforts and Conti will become the massive weapon she is.

Yeah been noticing Sarah and Mon working together more, Sarah shepherding and blocking more per game to get Mon some more separation from the contest, a few others are doing it too
Conti definitely our No 1 weapon :)

Give Ferg an extension!!
Some real good stuff...thought Monahan had a mare.
Fredricks needa to become the highest paid decoy lead in the comp. Do think she’s a good kick.
Stahl lucky to get a couple of frees, and Conti shouldve gone for goal.
Good game.

Get the AFLW app on your Smart TV mate - the girls beat game so far - easily! IT was there for the taking against a team trying to roll into the finals

Mate i'm real old school, no I-Phone, 15 y.o T.V, got basic internet, ha ha ha i need a tech shake up 🤣
But i knew this game was going to be good, if only 7MATE was willing to telecast like the later Norf v Pies game, spewing sounded like our best game for sure.
Onward and upward, go Tigers

Mate i'm real old school, no I-Phone, 15 y.o T.V, got basic internet, ha ha ha i need a tech shake up 🤣
But i knew this game was going to be good, if only 7MATE was willing to telecast like the later Norf v Pies game, spewing sounded like our best game for sure.
Onward and upward, go Tigers

You do, and it doesn't have to cost the earth. One off Telstra TV console, a Smart TV from Kogan, NBN with someone and you are in business.

I'm disappointed, they were the better team and should've won. Blues a little bit cleaner with the ball in hand but overall I think the girls let slip a golden opportunity to knock up their first win. 4 goals up in the 2nd, then hosking went off due to that sling tackle and it changed the game, allowed the blues to kick the next 4 and lead by a point at half time.

I love conti and even though she was our best if there is one part of her game she needs to tidy up a tad is her ball use. Mon can tend to just throw it on the boot at times. Cost the team a vital goal at the end of the 3rd.

Fredricks imo the game has gone past her, to slow. Brennan bounces back with a good game which included 2 goals.
Wakefield say no more an absolute gun. Oh, Bec Miller, this girl has done a full circle from last year, she was without a doubt in our best players and held down the backline fine. Used the ball extremely well.

Stahl better than in previous weeks. Molan i do not rate her, to slow in everything she does, doesn't have the urgency in her game.

McKenzie all class. moves so well, and has good pace. Seymour consistent as usual and Hosking played well, always impressive around the ball.

Overall this team has surprised me, taken it up to the pies and blues in the last 2 games. They have found some speed in their game too which has helped with more I50'S and enabled them to score more.

RD 5 - North at Tassie
RD 6 - Melbourne at Casey Fields
RD 7 - Gold Coast at Metricon
RD 8 - Adelaide at Swinburne Centre
RD 9 - St.Kilda at Swinburne Centre

Give Ferg an extension!!
Some real good stuff...thought Monahan had a mare.
Fredricks needa to become the highest paid decoy lead in the comp. Do think she’s a good kick.
Stahl lucky to get a couple of frees, and Conti shouldve gone for goal.
Good game.
Hmm. Monahan had a few decent possies but ffs that inboard pass straight to oppo on our hff, huge miss that

I'm disappointed, they were the better team and should've won. Blues a little bit cleaner with the ball in hand but overall I think the girls let slip a golden opportunity to knock up their first win. 4 goals up in the 2nd, then hosking went off due to that sling tackle and it changed the game, allowed the blues to kick the next 4 and lead by a point at half time.

I love conti and even though she was our best if there is one part of her game she needs to tidy up a tad is her ball use. Mon can tend to just throw it on the boot at times. Cost the team a vital goal at the end of the 3rd.

Fredricks imo the game has gone past her, to slow. Brennan bounces back with a good game which included 2 goals.
Wakefield say no more an absolute gun. Oh, Bec Miller, this girl has done a full circle from last year, she was without a doubt in our best players and held down the backline fine. Used the ball extremely well.

Stahl better than in previous weeks. Molan i do not rate her, to slow in everything she does, doesn't have the urgency in her game.

McKenzie all class. moves so well, and has good pace. Seymour consistent as usual and Hosking played well, always impressive around the ball.

Overall this team has surprised me, taken it up to the pies and blues in the last 2 games. They have found some speed in their game too which has helped with more I50'S and enabled them to score more.

RD 5 - North at Tassie
It’s the offensive use of handball that makes us look quicker , Fergs done good , we actually look like a team than a bunch of park footballers , still a few cardboard cutouts out there but we’re going in right direction

RD 5 - North at Tassie
Haven’t we already played Melbourne or am I imagining it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who missed it (there you go Stan Judkins), you can watch 3 of the qtrs in HD, even though we lost it was a cracker.

I just realised that these links below don't work (so ignore them), instead click on this link https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3305/carl-v-rich then once on the page scroll down to the bottom and on the right side, simply watch full quarters of the 1st, 3rd and 4th in HD.

1ST QTR - https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3305/carl-v-rich
2ND QTR – NOT SHOWING
3rd QTR - https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3305/carl-v-rich
4th QTR - https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3305/carl-v-rich

Post-Match Press Conference - Ryan Ferguson
https://womens.afl/match-centre/2021/3305/carl-v-rich

CARLTON
0.2 4.2 7.3 8.3 (51)
RICHMOND 3.0 4.1 5.1 7.4 (46)

GOALS
Carlton:
Vescio 3, Prespakis 2, McEvoy, Harris, Stevens
Richmond: Wakefield 3, Brennan 2, Stahl 2

BEST
Carlton:
Prespakis, Vescio, Egan, McEvoy, Hosking, Harrington
Richmond: Conti, Hosking, Seymour, Wakefield, Brancatisano, Brennan

INJURIES
Carlton:
Nil
Richmond: Nil

Reports: Nil

Crowd: 2212 at Ikon Park

Last edited:
Hmm. Monahan had a few decent possies but ffs that inboard pass straight to oppo on our hff, huge miss that
Maybe it was the way it looked with the camera angles on the tv
But did look like she was ball watching that fast play down the flank instead of her player and it floated over her head for a chest Mark pretty much in the square.
Vescio was the difference but that goal took it just outve reach

RD 5 - North at Tassie

No i don't think that's going to be our remaining fixture, it's a round by round fixture release because of covid, lockdowns and border closures
our next opponent will be named early this week

No i don't think that's going to be our remaining fixture, it's a round by round fixture release because of covid, lockdowns and border closures
our next opponent will be named early this week
We were due to play WC last week but it was changed to Collingwood

Overall umpires weren't to bad but with a minute and 5 secs to go, There were 2 howlers in the space of 5 seconds against Conti, she was taken high twice and no free. Would've easily been in distance to attempt to level the scores.

Just a knee to the head.

conti.jpg

Not one but 2 blues players come over the top of Conti and get her high, play on.

cont 2i.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back