Toast Round 4 = Collingwood 77-72 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

That was absolute s**t against a c-grade Hawks team. Goalless final qtr. WTF is this club doing post-premiership? Completely unacceptable to scrape a 5 point win against that team. Fancy giving Hardwick 4 goals as well. Embarrassing performance.

I'm not sure they're C grade. Against Geelong they matched it with them for nearly 3 quarters.
The Hawks are young, and will be playing regularly in finals in the next 2 to 3 years...

The Hawks were strong in the last quarter and kicked 4.1.

We were lazy initially and duly kicked 0.5. Did well to hang in there.

A couple of those misses in the last would have been goals most weeks.

Take the win and move on.

Last edited:
The effort in the 3rd was poor but I thought that was the usual McCrae tactic of conserving energy, particularly given how far in front we were. But then we seemed to have the same fatigued looking approach in the 4th. I'm not sure what the issue was but Pendles going down seemed to kick off the change of momentum.

Meh, winning against a boogie team after a poor start to the season is still all gravy m8.

Not one to complain after a win but we really wasted an opportunity to make up heaps of percentage. With how close the competition is it can make or break a potential home final.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Josh Daicos, DeGoey , Mitchell clearly the best 3 . Looked shaky in defence big time second half. A win is a win, but to be honest at the moment we are a mile off the top sides.

The leading patterns, forward craft and cohesion of our forwards is almost as bad as the kicking to them.

It’s hard to work out whether it’s chicken or the egg.

We rarely see a player get hit up on a lead having made a gap on their opponent. It’s very worrying.

Last edited:
Commentators were terrible just egging on free kicks for Ginnivan and goals for Hardwick

Yeah it was just silly. Can’t wait to get back to the G and not have to listen to Luke Hodge, Dwayne Russell, and any other biased dead beat who has fluked a comms job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not one to complain after a win but we really wasted an opportunity to make up heaps of percentage. With how close the competition is it can make or break a potential home final.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Let’s bank wins first before we worry about percentage.
It’s a long season

Would be a nice change to smash a side and it was there for the taking in the first half. Elliott, Shultz and Moore started well and faded. Frampton also had his best early, but didn’t fade quite as much.

His ruck work was very poor however his ground play and hands at ground level were pretty good
Unfortunately, he was pretty rubbish, really.

He is a bit lucky in that we don’t have a whole lot of tall depth to provide competition to him, but if one of the young talls like Kreugs put together a good performance or two in the ressies then he should be under threat.

Should’ve been a 6 goal win. Poor efforts and execution in the end.

Playing like Hollywood premiers when they get the chance, and almost got their pants pulled down.

Will take the 4 points. But Fly can’t be happy with that.

Frampton great btw.

De Goey also v good.

Cox barely keeps his spot. Noble too many turnovers.

Gotta get better….
Agree on frampton, cox.
De Goey was good, but he is a horrible kick when attempting to hit a team-mate. Almost killed Mitchell and pendles, with a number of other blaze away kicks

Before the gsme it was a 1-3 team in 13th position vs a 0-3 team in 16th position.

I was expecting a bit more from our boys to be honest, but unfortunately it ended up playing out pretty much how the teams were positioned coming into the game.

I'd like to say I'm still on the bandwagon, but it seems like the wheels have pretty much fallen off, if this is the best we can do in the last 70-odd minutes of football against an outfit which was mauled by their previous two opponents.

It's probably time to adjust expectations as it is what it is and we are who we are at this point - a team that clearly cannot maintain a sustained effort and play a reasonable level of football even just for the bare majority of the 120 minutes in a game which leaves the door ajar for our opponent in each and every week we're playing, regardless of their ladder position or form coming in.

We still have last years flag in the books and thank goodness for that, as this year is looking like it might be a bit of rougher of a ride and not in a good way.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back