Preview Round 6, 2020: Fremantle v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 11th July, 12:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Dockers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 70 93.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 906296

That is a decent drive.

We would also hope we are flying from the sunshine coast Direct to Adelaide for the crows game.
2.5 hr yeah right they have to get down the Bruce highway it's more like 4 hrs on a Saturday morning and that's if there lucky it should be OK going from Noosa to Brisbane but once they hit the south side she will be a car park

2.5 hr yeah right they have to get down the Bruce highway it's more like 4 hrs on a Saturday morning and that's if there lucky it should be OK going from Noosa to Brisbane but once they hit the south side she will be a car park

Do they run flights from Maroochydore to the Goldy?

The Bruce highway was pretty quick last night.
Shouldn't be a problem!

Do they run flights from Maroochydore to the Goldy?
Not big plans only charter flight they be better leaving Friday morning but not sure how that would go with covid it's the end of school holidays as well so even heading down from Noosa could be a hell

it's funny how some players are rated over others in the draft. I didn't get the love for walsh at the time, was too vanilla and was an average kick in his draft year. Smith looked explosive and racked em up but everyone talked him down. Cam rayner looked crap as too.

I mean I'm not always right, I thought hunter looked so so, was hoping stephenson slid to our pick, but would much prefer hunter now. Also I would probably have pulled the trigger on smith over max king, though it was close. Still like the look of smith, but King really ties the whole forward line together, lebowski. Also I didn't give a rats ass about us getting buttler, turns out the guy's a star and I'm an idiot.

For actual experts though, to watch cam rayner and unanimously think he was the number one is absurd to me. Someone said 'dusty clone' and the rest was history.

Anyway watching byrnes' highlights made you go, wow, did this kid only slide because he's short? His acceleration alone got me flustered. I hope he gets his chance soon and we've snagged a future mid. And before plugger chimes in I'll acknowledge, he's got a long way to go before he's worth writing home about, But I'd love to see him get a run soon.
Idk how you could look at Walsh and not think he was the best player in his draft personally. Highest possession getter and clearance winner. Fast, kicks very well both sides, plays inside and out better than most players can do either, had a huge tank even as a 17 year old, was still underweight in TAC so his dominance wasn't due to physical dominance that will disappear in the afl. Reads the play well etc etc. I didn't see a flaw in his game.

Now I don't want to look like a flog....but I want to brag about my recruiting skills so read up and bask in my glory.
I'm gonna out flog you here Gringo...

I was wanting to take him with our first round pick at the start of last year
Screenshot_20200705-091614_Chrome.jpg

Smart trading out our first and getting him in the 50's ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idk how you could look at Walsh and not think he was the best player in his draft personally. Highest possession getter and clearance winner. Fast, kicks very well both sides, plays inside and out better than most players can do either, had a huge tank even as a 17 year old, was still underweight in TAC so his dominance wasn't due to physical dominance that will disappear in the afl. Reads the play well etc etc. I didn't see a flaw in his game.

Walsh was always a bit vanilla. There was something boring about him. Smith looks more dynamic. I reckon Smith looks more a match winner, Walsh still a gun.

View attachment 906324

And the sneaky like from the master. ;)

View attachment 906324

Mines bigger than yours ;)
Well done lads , he does look like he is going well , i got a text from my spy , apparently the coaches words " Good young bloke , terrific attitude , heading in the right direction "

Walsh was always a bit vanilla. There was something boring about him. Smith looks more dynamic. I reckon Smith looks more a match winner, Walsh still a gun.

I think the fact that Walsh is such a well rounded player & doesn’t have one standout elite (except tank) trait goes against him. I still think he will be the best mid from the draft & there is a bit of an overreaction. Rozee, King(s) & Smith look like being stars as well.

I was big on Smith because he was almost matching Walsh (or getting close enough) and he played the year injured. I still remember being super flat about us picking Max because of how bad our midfield was going but I’m obviously feeling a bit better now.

To me our team is slightly out of balance.

We only have around 5 1/2 midfielders.
OK granted Marshall does more mid fielding than Rucking.

Somehow we have Battle and Marsh as what? Tall Utilities? On top of King and Membrey.
Geary forward, as well as Butler , Lonie and Kent.
Clark, Long, Paton, Coffield, Wilkie, with Carlisle and Howard means our backs have more rotations than our mids.

Somehow it all clicked in place but i'm kind of confused, and i can't help thinking that we are relying a lot on Seb Ross to be consistent, because often he's not.

Jones needs to come in for Hannebery, and I'd like to squash Byrnes in as well somehow, but i don't know how we'd do it.
Hill probably the weakest link. ( and that's not going to happen ).

I was big on Smith because he was almost matching Walsh (or getting close enough) and he played the year injured. I still remember being super flat about us picking Max because of how bad our midfield was going but I’m obviously feeling a bit better now.

I was keen on Rankine, so I might keep quiet.

I watched a few of his games and thought his kicking was average (there was one game where he got massive numbers but didn't hit many kicks), didn't seem to have much break away pace or strength, looked like an accumulator first and foremost. He could still be the best out of that draft but I just didn't see it at the time and don't see it currently. Smith looked much more damaging to my eye.

To me our team is slightly out of balance.

We only have around 5 1/2 midfielders.
OK granted Marshall does more mid fielding than Rucking.

Somehow we have Battle and Marsh as what? Tall Utilities? On top of King and Membrey.
Geary forward, as well as Butler , Lonie and Kent.
Clark, Long, Paton, Coffield, Wilkie, with Carlisle and Howard means our backs have more rotations than our mids.

Somehow it all clicked in place but i'm kind of confused, and i can't help thinking that we are relying a lot on Seb Ross to be consistent, because often he's not.

Jones needs to come in for Hannebery, and I'd like to squash Byrnes in as well somehow, but i don't know how we'd do it.
Hill probably the weakest link. ( and that's not going to happen ).
Marsh and Battle look to be swapping between forward and mid. Battle lines up on the wing whereas Marsh goes into the guts but he’s definitely spending more time forward than Battle.

It is slightly unbalanced but it helps that Marsh is super quick. I’m sure some of it is that Battle just needs to be playing somewhere but for now it’s working, though it’ll be interesting to see how it goes on the bigger grounds. Would be nice to get Byrnes in there somehow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back