Preview Round 7, 2018: St.Kilda v Melbourne - Etihad Stadium, Sunday 6th May, 3:20PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda should assign a tough player to crunch Oliver, a star midfielder.
The St Kilda list is relatively young, Acres, Billings, Dunstan, Gresham, Long, for example, all in their early 20s.
Be patient.
Generally speaking, a player reaches their potential in their mid-twenties.
Looking forward to Armo’s stop marks all over Oliver’s toes.

Possibly an unpopular call but Oliver is the best young player in the comp. 30 touches and 7 tackles a game in his second year, that is unheard of - absolute lunacy.
This is the St. Kilda board. The phrase “best young player in the comp” is only associated with Blacres.

No we wouldn’t, they’d be in and out of the side at Sandy when they’re not filling in the pockets and flanks in the senior side.

We wouldn't draft them in the first place, too much pizzazz for us. Why get match winning alpha dogs when you can get poor kicking inside mids with little ability to win their own ball and slow back flankers who don't have any elite traits. Sure they have lots of talent but I bet other teams come and raid all their players. Trout is a genius, he's built a team that no other team will steal players from.

Possibly an unpopular call but Oliver is the best young player in the comp. 30 touches and 7 tackles a game in his second year, that is unheard of - absolute lunacy.

If he ever learns to kick he'll be an absolute superstar. He is handball happy ATM but has the tools to become Dangerfield like.

60% touches were effective, half were uncontested and laid 2 tackles ( probably the tackle bag before the game ) .
Jacky is way way better than that .
We need him up and firing .
He also put in some utterly pathetic chases.

I saw Melbourne play two rounds ago.
Oliver and Petracca are their two star players.
They are damaging if they are not accounted for.
You have to develop a plan for them.

I saw Melbourne play two rounds ago.
Oliver and Petracca are their two star players.
They are damaging if they are not accounted for.
You have to develop a plan for them.
Mate we can't develop a plan for ourselves, let alone plan for the opposition.

If he ever learns to kick he'll be an absolute superstar. He is handball happy ATM but has the tools to become Dangerfield like.

Except he’s the opposite of Dangerfield in all of Dangers strengths.

Oliver has poor pace, doesn’t mark overhead, never carries the ball and is allergic to goals.

Pretty much the most anti-Dangerfield you can get for a mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richos stroke of genius, armitage in really addresses what we need in the team. Brings some much needed pace and lack of inside players and that clean silky kicking. Look out forward line, this is your game to shine
Maybe it's personal, Armo and Lewis, they can spend the entire game wrestling, bear hugging, jostling, sledging and wristies, coz neither is fast enough to run away from the other.

Except he’s the opposite of Dangerfield in all of Dangers strengths.

Oliver has poor pace, doesn’t mark overhead, never carries the ball and is allergic to goals.

Pretty much the most anti-Dangerfield you can get for a mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When he was a junior he used his weight and ability to extract the ball. I reckon he'll develop into a Danger type. Right now he's an inside bull that dishes off at any opportunity.

Looks like you are right - the Bont has been doing too much ruckwork:

So the hip injury is from rucking?

Have you a link to where it says it was caused in the ruck?

Jason Blake must be a superman.

Geez rucking is more dangerous than stunt work by the sounds of it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see sportsbet are offering a megabet of both saints and dees to kick more behinds than goals $3.50

... So pretty much offering $3.50 for dees to kick more behinds than goals lol
Crownbet: St.Kilda paying $2.08 to kick more than 10.5 behinds.

Our scores this year:
7:12
10:13
7:14
7:13
5:13
16:11

I think betting companies are feeling bad and have decided to give away cash!

Mate, Hopper had 32 disposals and 9 clearances in his first ever game. Would you call him the best young kid? Stats don’t mean everything.

If we don´t win tomorrow it might be months before we chalk up one. Demons are pretty inconsistent so hoping they have a stinker.
Just hope our skills are close to AFL standard. It´s hard to watch the Saints at the moment without throwing something through the TV.
Hope Paddy can have a really good game. The team should be shown a video of the Richmond match at Etihad last year to see how we moved the ball.

He had 12 touches and Smith had 25 and kicked 4 goals....
Yeah but the two rarely played on each other as Sinclair barely played wing.

I should've mentioned who was Smith's direct opponent for each of his goals when I posted the starting midfield stats.

Goal #1: Sinclair

Goal #2: Steven. Isaac Smith had just commenced his sole inside mid stint of the night, at the boundary throw-in 30 seconds before the goal he and Steven are shoulder to shoulder for the immediate contest, then Steven gets sucked further into the contest and lets Smith get out the back.

Goal #3: Newnes? - This one isn't 100% clear. Newnes lines up against Smith on the wing after McCartin's goal but isn't in the frame when Smith kicks the goal (for that matter nobody is within 30m of Smith moments before the goal), it is possible that Newnes went to the bench whilst Gilbert was kicking the point, which if that is the case, his replacement can't precisely be ascertained as there isn't any stoppage between Gilbert's point and Smith's goal. Sinclair was the closest Saint to Smith in the end, however he was seen starting forward after the McCartin goal and can be seen moments earlier chasing Cousins down there from the opposite wing that Smith comes from. Given at that point Sinclair hadn't lined up on the wing since term 1 and didn't start on the wing after the Smith goal, it seems unlikely that he suddenly switched to playing wing against Smith for the 30secs between Gilbert's point and Smith's goal.

Goal #4: Steven. Steven starts on the wing opposed to Smith for the centre bounce. Then there is a boundary throw-in, Smith sets up in a normal wingers spot - a good 20m behind the contest in the centre corridor, now despite Smith having 3 goals and Steven being a leader, he shirks responsibility for Smith, instead setting up 15m closer to the contest and gestures to someone else to take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back