Preview Round 7: Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 01/05/2022 @ 3:20 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team needs break glass in emergency players but surely it's peak Essington to give them multi year contracts just because other clubs come sniffing.

Take the 4th (or better) pick and run.
The only thing might be that if Port was interested they might have to pay something valuable if they want him for 2023.

Sometimes I worry that posters think I take sadistic pleasure in some views. I don't.

There are reasons to persists with certain players, even to the point of it being beyond reason.

Slow, undersized KPDs with average disposal are not players to persist with.

He's 6th year by age and 5th year on the list...
I really want to make a post in the relevant thread about how similar players fill similar list positions and why Essendon is so lopsided with very little room to improve other areas.

Ie KPD for one;
You need two KPD in the AFL (Hurley, Stewart)
Depth (Laverde OR BZT)
Kids (Brand OR Reid) [note. you can probably keep two if developing as a swingman]

Before people say keep Laverde as the third tall defender. No. He won't be a better intercepter than Ridley or even Heppell playing as the 7th defender. So one, possibly even two, to heavy in the list currently in defence.

I really want to make a post in the relevant thread about how similar players fill similar list positions and why Essendon is so lopsided with very little room to improve other areas.

Ie KPD for one;
You need two KPD in the AFL (Hurley, Stewart)
Depth (Laverde OR BZT)
Kids (Brand OR Reid) [note. you can probably keep two if developing as a swingman]

Before people say keep Laverde as the third tall defender. No. He won't be a better intercepter than Ridley or even Heppell playing as the 7th defender. So one, possibly even two, to heavy in the list currently in defence.

I’m amazed you bothered listing Hurley.

I don't think we're miles off winning this game. Could see it happening. We've been incredibly poor at times but actually weren't far off last week. Merrett and Stringer will be better for the run. Dogs only just going.

A win would be confounding for the (very understandable) 2022 media narrative, but there are moments within a season when it shifts. Bulldogs would take the underachiever mantle for a bit.

Regardless of the result... Love seeing Reid, Perkins and Cox all in together.

Tough first 6 weeks as a supporter.. but still.. go the Dons!

I don't think we're miles off winning this game. Could see it happening. We've been incredibly poor at times but actually weren't far off last week. Merrett and Stringer will be better for the run. Dogs only just going.

A win would be confounding for the (very understandable) 2022 media narrative, but there are moments within a season when it shifts. Bulldogs would take the underachiever mantle for a bit.

Regardless of the result... Love seeing Reid, Perkins and Cox all in together.

Tough first 6 weeks as a supporter.. but still.. go the Dons!
Trying to mozz us? Definitely going to lose by 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back