Review Round 8 2021 - GWS Giants v Essendon Bombers, 2.10 pm @ Giants Stadium, Sat 8 May

Remove this Banner Ad

XOH has weapons but time will tell whether he can put it all together. Hes one of those guys that makes questionable decisions and when he makes a mistake, they are usually pretty bad ones. We have had a couple of guys over the years like this e.g. Bunts, General, Tommo amd TOJ come to mind. The criticism on his defensive effort is valid too, but many players on our team lack defensive efforts sadly, he wouldnt be the only one at fault there.Still young and has potential to be good so happy for us to persist with him for now.

Between HH/TOJ/Hogan/Riccardi, I think TOJ is the one that should go. Can be brilliant, but his poor discipline, negative team influence, inconsistency and at time just pure unprofessionalism puts him on the chopping block. Not sure what others think on this one.

Hope we pick it up again after half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we are trying to get some sore players through and given we have no replacements the last qtr tactics to save it rather than win it are understandable. Our conditioning and fitness dept still hasn't improved.
A couple of weeks after a shoulder dislocation, the trainers also left XOH's shoulder taping flapping around for a good half quarter (his shocking 2nd quarter) before finally getting him off to retape it - they would really have copped it if he redislocated that shoulder during that time

A lot of zinc cream on the Bombers players this afternoon.

It looked like they came to Sydney to hit the beach.

And so they did…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Attachments

• IMG_4678.JPG
    IMG_4678.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 33
Reading the thread, it did prompt a memory - I'm so glad they didn't play Guelfi for the whole game. One thing we're really lacking is space and he could have destroyed us, and almost did in his cameo.

Essendon really does have some promising younger players. They've gotten rid of a lot of dead wood, they've suffered through some admittedly self-inflicted pain, but they could easily be quite a scary team in a year or two. Most of the guys that impressed me out there were newbies while guys like Heppell and Merrett didn't so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back