Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see the club's social media team laughing about this interaction that has upset quite a few people on social media. Hawthorn's social media team also commented a joke about it.

Looked friendly, but impulsive. Probably makes some poor life choices. Face tattoos sometimes makes it hard to get a new job. Looks like an interesting cat

Seams about right. You don't want to encourage that. Especially with the WAFL players. Made a poor choice.

Looked friendly, but impulsive. Probably makes some poor life choices. Face tattoos sometimes makes it hard to get a new job. Looks like an interesting cat

Seams about right. You don't want to encourage that. Especially with the WAFL players. Made a poor choice.
Will make it hard to sneak in with those tattoos but also MCG have face recognition technology now which I think it is poor that we were never told about.

That's about right. The deterrence message needs to be strong.
I feel for the bloke. Having said that I admit that I am coming around to agreeing with a strong deterrent as the repercussions for all fans would be very harsh if there was a malicious incident. Could see the AFL removing access to the first two rows from the boundary line in that case which would deprive a large number of people. There was already a precedent with the Marlin Pickett incident as well.
Still feel ☹️ for the fan though.

I feel for the bloke. Having said that I admit that I am coming around to agreeing with a strong deterrent as the repercussions for all fans would be very harsh if there was a malicious incident. Could see the AFL removing access to the first two rows from the boundary line in that case which would deprive a large number of people. There was already a precedent with the Marlin Pickett incident as well.
Still feel ☹️ for the fan though.
The fan had a choice. He knew what he was doing. I have no sympathy. The last thing we need is for high fences to be put up around the ground to stop supporters doing this more often.

Apart from winning yesterday, I did enjoy watching our newbies.

How they performed under AFL pressure, how they fitted into an experienced team that had played together for sometime.

Think that all showed something at different times and maybe the cupboard isn't so bare.
I actually thought the young players were the highlight of the game and the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's about right. The deterrence message needs to be strong.
Don't agree at all.
Absolutely nothing even remotely malicious in his actions.
Week ban max with 12 months suspended as a deterrent for others.

Over the top kneejerk reaction.

Don't agree at all.
Absolutely nothing even remotely malicious in his actions.
Week ban max with 12 months suspended as a deterrent for others.

Over the top kneejerk reaction.

It’s a deterrent. The players need to be absolutely protected. And speaking frankly, what kind of an attention-seeking dickhead thinks it’s a good idea to embrace a player mid-game?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It needs to be consistent, regardless of it bring friendly or not. This Eagles player may have been fine with it, this fan may have been friendly, but people need to know they cannot touch a player during the game.
It can’t be consistent without taking the circumstances into account. That makes no sense at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back