Preview Round 9, GWS Giants vs Richmond, Saturday 20th May, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my tip and won $300 on a multi thanks to you! GET AROUND YOU GUYS!!

borat-dancing-with-his-fellow-kazakhstanians.gif

Never in doubt ;)

And everyone of these wins before the bye when we are so down on troops are worth absolute gold.

But I do fear for our trip over to face west coast but that's next week, and for now its :beercheers::beermug:

Our depth was exposed for most of tonight, we are at or very close to a tipping point where we just have too many inexperienced players onfield. Our disposals under pressure were woeful, but the upside is we are playing kids and still getting wins, though that won't happen every week.
Really though we just have to stay towards the pointy end for the next 6 weeks or so and then we start getting troops back, at that point we may actually become the big scary team they predicted :)

Even more than last week. I couldn't hear the song over the crowd at the end of the game, first time that's happened when I've been there.
Same, I think we sang it louder in the first win over the swans, but there were less of us in the stand :)

Noticed that tonight, the crowd was slightly down, but the members stand feels twice as full as last year

Our depth was exposed for most of tonight, we are at or very close to a tipping point where we just have too many inexperienced players onfield. Our disposals under pressure were woeful, but the upside is we are playing kids and still getting wins, though that won't happen every week.
Really though we just have to stay towards the pointy end for the next 6 weeks or so and then we start getting troops back, at that point we may actually become the big scary team they predicted :)
That's what it felt like to me. The bottom six players being two rookie listed players, two first year players, Matt deBoer and the corpse of Stevie J (plus an injured Lobb) felt like it was playing us out if the game, along with Lachie's disappearance of footskills. Every win we get at the moment is a bonus.

We aren't playing any more kids than the opposition

Does anyone know the Giants won today?

If you told them would they look at you for a few moments, blink and say "I follow the 49ers myself but I don't mind New York"?

Losing to teams like the Giants is just rough. Listening to you guys carry on like the result was ever in doubt is just ridiculous. The strength of Aussie Rules tradition gets robbed two weeks in a row by this plastic outfit and the 25 people who care go off like they follow a real club. The Giants only exist so that the AFL can gain ground on the NRL and eventually run them out of their own town. The rest of us have to endure this shameless scam.
Good post on our board, you've got a bright future on BF.
We'll be leaving yours alone, it's called respect.

Does anyone know the Giants won today?

If you told them would they look at you for a few moments, blink and say "I follow the 49ers myself but I don't mind New York"?

Losing to teams like the Giants is just rough. Listening to you guys carry on like the result was ever in doubt is just ridiculous. The strength of Aussie Rules tradition gets robbed two weeks in a row by this plastic outfit and the 25 people who care go off like they follow a real club. The Giants only exist so that the AFL can gain ground on the NRL and eventually run them out of their own town. The rest of us have to endure this shameless scam.

Don't worry sweetie. Mummy will tuck you in tonight, sing you a lullaby and tell you it's going to be alright.

hqdefault.jpg

Just for the record - Seeing flogs like yourself lose all dignity with posts like that, makes supporting this team all the more worthwhile.

We aren't playing any more kids than the opposition
I've not looked but don't doubt you are right, my point though was more that this isn't the level we play at normally, it is for them, ie tonight was more "normal" for them in team makeup than us.

This is their outs, barely a starting 22 in there;
Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Shaun Hampson Back Indefinite
Ben Griffiths Concussion Indefinite
Jack Graham Ankle 4-5 weeks
Reece Conca Foot 4-5 weeks
Nick Vlastuin Shoulder 3-4 weeks
Nathan Broad Shoulder 3 weeks

This is ours;
Brett Deledio Calf TBC
Jeremy Finlayson Groin 2-3 weeks
Tendai Mzungu Hamstring 4-6 weeks
Jacob Hopper Finger 5 weeks
Ryan Griffen Ankle 5-7 weeks
Will Setterfield Ankle 5-7 weeks
Nick Haynes Hamstring 8 weeks
Stephen Coniglio Ankle 10 weeks
Matt Buntine Knee Season
Adam Kennedy Knee Season

At least 6 or 7 best 22...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were people in NSW and Queensland this salty when the Storm entered the NRL and won multiple flags?

Some people cannot handle things not going their own way, so when that happens they project their warped reality onto others.

Did Adelaide, West Coast et al have this level of derision directed at them for their success? Or was it different because they're from traditional Aussie Rules states?

If and when we win a flag, the melts are going to be epic. I won't even find the melts funny. They'll just be pathetic and sad.

Were people in NSW and Queensland this salty when the Storm entered the NRL and won multiple flags?

Some people cannot handle things not going their own way, so when that happens they project their warped reality onto others.

Did Adelaide, West Coast et al have this level of derision directed at them for their success? Or was it different because they're from traditional Aussie Rules states?

If and when we win a flag, the melts are going to be epic. I won't even find the melts funny. They'll just be pathetic and sad.

To be honest I was, I gave up league, but that wasn't so much about the Storm or any of the other teams that came in, it was about the concept of superleague, the pithy comments made by the self serving turds that supported it and the loss of club identity for my own team the St George (no illawarra) Dragons. It took me 15 years to attend another game after going to at least 6 or 7 a year till 96

Without the super league acrimony I would have been happy to support expansion of the game, my daughters and I went down to WIN to watch the Dragons play Melbourne a few weeks back, at no point were we thinking they don't belong...

Last edited:
One thing for me today that really pissed me off.
Coming into the venue I was in a great mood, the bag search guy was a decent dude for a change though buggered if I know why we have a members line and never open it.. BUT, 3 times now inthe last 12 months I've had some dodgy looking guy scan me for weapons going into Manuka or Spotless... WTF, when was the last time someone was stabbed at the bloody footy ffs.

Will be complaining to the club Monday

Thing I've noticed about the lower crowds in the last two weeks than expected, have been the drop off in opposition supporters. Crowds are smaller, yes, but the percentage of the crowds in orange and charcoal have been up I reckon.

Gone are the days when you would go along to Spotless as an oppo supporter expecting to watch your team crunch the Giants. Less Collingwood supports than last year last week, and less Richmond supporters this week.

Also, funny thing on the way to the game. We were driving along the M4 (because of track work :mad:) and as we approached the roadworks :mad: there at Church street, we came up along side a car and the kids in the back (4 or 5 of them) started fist pumping us. What's going on we thought. Then we saw the dad driving was wearing a Richmond shirt. Oh, ok, we thought, they're having a go at us for wearing orange. Then we had to pull in behind them as the lane we were in was closed off. But no. All four or five of them started holding up and waving their 2017 Giants members caps, and waving their Giants scarves out the window. Thumbs up all round.

That's why we'll win in the long run. Dad might be a Richmond supporter, but all the kids were all ours and there were more of them.

It's called The Long Game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back