Game Day Round 9 North Melbourne V Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

"Adelaide! It's a miracle at Etihad, on a Sunday afternoon, with the dome closed. They're home and hosed! What a game!"

That's just classic Commetti commentary.

Compare that to Rowey

"THE CROWS ARE GONNA WIN, THE CROWS ARE GONNA WIN. YOU ARE KIDDING! *Siren* YEEESSSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS"

:D

Yeah probably saw it a bit differently to the Kelly one. Kelly went passed the ball and only ever intended to hit the body of Goddard. Ziebell was initially going for the ball and the braced for contact. We wouldn'tbe happy if he was one of ours. Agree, the carry over points were his downfall.
He shaped to go for the spoil, then changed his mind and went for the bump. He was in deep poop as soon as his feet left the ground.

Yep, I knew he was in deep poop as soon as it happened. That doesn't mean its right. If Dangerfield got 3 games for that, this board would go thermonuclear.
His situation is not helped by having a 50% loading and 67 points hanging over his head from previous infringements. Walker is the only player we have with that sort of track record.

As far as I can recall, Dangerfield has a clean record with the tribunal. He may or may not have been in the system long enough for a "good record" 25% discount to apply. Either way, he'd only be looking at a 1-game suspension - the good record (or lack thereof) would only affect the number of carry over points.

Just watching the replay and boy are the North fans terrible when it comes to free kicks. Beg for frees that aren't there then boo for blatant ones against them!

I just don't believe that we won that one. Lost count of how many times I watched the reply and still can't believe it.

I crank up the volume higher each time............ah bloody incredible!!

I'm stunned!

He shaped to go for the spoil, then changed his mind and went for the bump. He was in deep poop as soon as his feet left the ground.

it's a rubbish decision, and i am filthy players are missing games for accidental stuff. He was attempting to spoil, he only changed his mind when he reaslised he wasnt going to to be able to and was already committed to contest.

I'd much rather see Brown get 3 weeks for his completely unneccesary whack to Jamieson (yes i know it was soft) than guys at least attempting to do something thats part of the game.

it's a rubbish decision, and i am filthy players are missing games for accidental stuff. He was attempting to spoil, he only changed his mind when he reaslised he wasnt going to to be able to and was already committed to contest.

I'd much rather see Brown get 3 weeks for his completely unneccesary whack to Jamieson (yes i know it was soft) than guys at least attempting to do something thats part of the game.
If not for Ziebels bad record it would've been a week. If he kept his feet he would play next week.

If not for Ziebels bad record it would've been a week. If he kept his feet he would play next week.

yes, but dont forget his carry over points were equally as pathetic. (maybe even moreso)

keeping his feet....maybe, but it's not like he lauchned himself at him. it was momentum that carried him into the contact IMO.

when Tex got suspended for his tackle on Harry Taylor i felt the same. he didnt deliberately belt his head into the turf, it was accidental and unlucky. players shouldnt be getting suspended for skill errors. i put Zeibells in the same category.

I think the free kick down field was sufficient penalty.

yes, but dont forget his carry over points were equally as pathetic. (maybe even moreso)

keeping his feet....maybe, but it's not like he lauchned himself at him. it was momentum that carried him into the contact IMO.

when Tex got suspended for his tackle on Harry Taylor i felt the same. he didnt deliberately belt his head into the turf, it was accidental and unlucky. players shouldnt be getting suspended for skill errors. i put Zeibells in the same category.

I think the free kick down field was sufficient penalty.
I don't disagree with you. It's a harsh penalty for sure but I think he could've kept his feet and attempted to stop his momentum. He would've clattered into Lyons but he would be playing next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is brilliant. Very enjoyable.

EDIT: After watching it again (and again) Who is it that after Rowey goes "THE CROWS ARE GONNA WIN" after Petrenko's goal says "NO DON'T SAY THAT"

Because I understand those feels man!
That was Kym Dillon!

The passion in that call is unbelievable. They added to the game of that is possible. The triple M commentary was as boring as bat s**t!

That was Kym Dillon!

The passion in that call is unbelievable. They added to the game of that is possible. The triple M commentary was as boring as bat s**t!
I think the TripleM commentators were simply in disbelief more than anything. 5AA was great though lol .. They went mental

One of the best things about that video is when Dougie kicks the goal to put us within 1, as he receives the last handball, he is absolutely burning off his opponent (number 34) and the NM player looks spent. Looked like he was running on a treadmill

Another :thumbsu: to Dougie's increased fitness base this year

One of the best things about that video is when Dougie kicks the goal to put us within 1, as he receives the last handball, he is absolutely burning off his opponent (number 34) and the NM player looks spent. Looked like he was running on a treadmill

Another :thumbsu: to Dougie's increased fitness base this year

:thumbsu:

Have watched that goal over 10 times. Dougie starts on the defensive side of the centre square. Has 2 north players even with him (harvey was one). Just gut runs past them both, then amazingly keeps his feet as he is pushed in the back dishing off the handball. Then has enough composure after sprinting for 150 metres to slot a goal from 25 out....

You will not see a better Crows goal this year.

:thumbsu:

Have watched that goal over 10 times. Dougie starts on the defensive side of the centre square. Has 2 north players even with him (harvey was one). Just gut runs past them both, then amazingly keeps his feet as he is pushed in the back dishing off the handball. Then has enough composure after sprinting for 150 metres to slot a goal from 25 out....

You will not see a better Crows goal this year.

I dunno, i reckon one like that in a final would be better..... ;)

True he did go to smother, but leaving the ground was unnecessary. I'm not saying the penalty is justified though. I reckon it's very harsh, and would be ultra pissed if it was one of our guys. But this is the MRP.
The penalty is magnified by his prior record. without the record he could have gotten away with 1 week which i think would have been fair.

I think the TripleM commentators were simply in disbelief more than anything

The Tripe m pre game chat basically told everyone we had little chance, so you wouldn't expect anything else.

I can't believe how boring those Triple M commentators are. No wonder I listen to 5AA when I tune in for radio commentary. They might be a bit insane, but at least they're entertaining! The MMM commentary actually managed to make our epic comeback seem dull.

3 of the 4 commentating are ex-North Melbourne employees/players and the 4th member of the commentating group was the flog Rompingwins who was quite anti-Crows all game.

Ziebell's suspension is entirely his own fault. He shouldn't be doing stupid stuff like that with his bad record, because there's only ever going to be 1 outcome - multiple game suspension.

Regardless of whether you think the mrp is consistent across the board or not, the blame for this one is entirely on Ziebell's shoulders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back