Round of 16 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From cricinfo...

Meanwhile, at Bloemfontein, the birthplace of Hansie Cronje, someone's World Cup dream is dying a death ...

Given what's just happened in South Africa, I might as well pack up and go home. There's not going to be much room for discussing this match tomorrow! Still, here's Paul Collingwood ...

lol. And the people at the game know they were robbed (right in front of me!) after seeing the replay. If they lose, riot time id say.

nogoal.gif
I think this thing is giving me a seizure.

Geez that linesman has been laughably shithouse. The lampard goal was an obvious goal, whilst Defoe's nearly header which was called offside was lineball at best, and Rooney was clear through after a touch from zee German player, only to be called off. Messed up.

Still, been a top game.

Whatever happens, it's killed this game stone dead. Nobody can remember anything else that's happened because it's just so ****ing wrong.

This is the last straw for anyone arguing against video evidence and/or goal-line technology surely.

This thread needs more of this guy

[youtube]EnTEEAXwgfA[/youtube]

Funnily enough this was the first video that youtube recommended me when i opened it up :eek::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This match is set for England to win on penalties now.

Unbelievable 45 minutes. Germany should have had this wrapped up by half time but its probably a 50/50 game now.

Geez that linesman has been laughably shithouse. The lampard goal was an obvious goal, whilst Defoe's nearly header which was called offside was lineball at best, and Rooney was clear through after a touch from zee German player, only to be called off. Messed up.

Still, been a top game.
Yep, makes you wonder doesn't it?

Defoe was exactly level with the striker and there's no way the linesman would've even seen him until he hit the bar.

The Rooney one shouldn't have been either.

3 terrible decisions.

Not really fair officiaiting, is it?

And who do Blatter, Platini etc always rag on?

A pairing of Robbie Cornthwaite and Jamie Harnwell wouldn't even do that s**t. That was hilarious.

Cornthwaite is not even worthy to clean the dog s**t off Harnwell's boots.:rolleyes:

But back to the action:

An absolute disgrace that England are not level. Lampard has been robbed and the linesman should not even bother to return for the second half. Let the fourth official take his flag. Heck, even Stevie Wonder would have seen that cross the line.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

And to those that say video refs should be introduced: if that linesman was in front of the screen he still probably wouldn't have seen it. How anyone could be in any doubt in realtime on first viewing has no right to be an official at the World Cup.:mad::mad::mad:

This match is set for England to win on penalties now.

Unbelievable 45 minutes. Germany should have had this wrapped up by half time but its probably a 50/50 game now.
I don't know. There was the Defoe header that hit the bar (wasn't offside so it was a chance) and then Lampard's shot which the keeper stuck him arm out and luckily it went into his palm - how that didn't go in I'll never know but in addition to Upson's goal and Lampard's goal England have created as well.

Germany have probably created 1 or 2 more clear chances and are doing so because England seem to be leaving too much space between defence and midfield and with this Germany have shown that they are capable of penetrating a slow defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back