Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When solar was first coming into WA in a big way the feed in price was something like 47c or 48c, way more than the 6 or 7c it is now.

Those deals were locked in for 7 to 8 years as incentive to get people into it.

If the tax on fuel that is for funding the cost of repairs to the road network being returned to businesses that don't use the road is seen as government giving money to that industry then the premium price on feed in is too.
Premium price is fair enough - current feed in price isnt

You're forgetting the tourism campaign for Hawaii.
And the awesome new sports facilities for the over priveliged.
And the record stock market prices on the back of record PE ratios.
And the return to housing unaffordability.

ah I did!
I also forgot the swift action on the dunnies in Canberra.

The current price has me looking at batteries to try and keep hold of those kwh I push to the grid each month.
Smart play. What is the kWh price you get back? I did contemplate full solar when rebuilding our house, but with our orientation and 6 star energy rating already achieved wasn't sure it was financially or aesthetically worth it.

The current price has me looking at batteries to try and keep hold of those kwh I push to the grid each month.
Startup Company here in gero is looking at putting massive battery banks in people's houses for nix - you benefit from free power over night - they benefit from selling our energy to businesses and undercutting western power.

but yeah solar and wind is unreliable.

im holding off getting batteries till i see what happens with this - if it happens ill be laughing - stick your 6c a kwh up your blurter wp

Smart play. What is the kWh price you get back? I did contemplate full solar when rebuilding our house, but with our orientation and 6 star energy rating already achieved wasn't sure it was financially or aesthetically worth it.
I think we get 7c for a feed back unit, and charged about 28c to pull one from the grid. Our feed back to the grid is larger than our draw from the grid during peak or non-solar generating periods. So I figure that a battery to use during that time would mean none of the generation is wasted, ie we aren't sending 200 units to the grid and then pulling down 50 units at night to balance the price to zero. I'd rather we used 50 units at night from the battery and sent 150 units to the grid for a return.

I think we need to know exactly what our emissions reduction is hoping to achieve because that's really what we are going for here isn't it, actual results?
And if Australia's reduction of 100% doesn't have an impact then the cost to do that won't be worth it.

We should be taking direct mitigating action against our own emissions first, then expanding those operations to offset the emissions of other nations.

That's the course of action I see that would be actually taking steps towards a goal of cleaning up the atmosphere. As far as I know if the whole world went 100% emissions free today we already have too much CO2 in the atmosphere to stop a problem.

If Australia and other similar countries reduction of 100% makes a 40% reduction is it worth it?

So why would you blow $500m and decide not to open?

Do you think if you had done your due diligence, you would have already realised how competitive the supermarket business before spending HALF A BILLION dollars on rental leases/agreements etc?

Your lack of business nous is clearly evident.
ROFL really funny you are having a go at another's lack of business nous when you have happened to also overlook the fact that companies do their due diligence and still fail at getting a successful outcome which reflects whether they will be able to be success or not.

Subsequently some companies make decisions on the fact that their top competitor is already in the market and as a result they want to compete against them/take their share. Bunnings and Masters was a classic example of this too and although the evidence at the time suggested it would be difficult to succeed Woolworths was still going to proceed with it because they wanted to try and take out Coles. Same could be said with Aldi and Kaufland. Maybe might be worthwhile reading the article showing why some firms were succeeding while some were failing as it pointed to the operations of management and not the overall economy. Although am sure that this doesn't suit the anti coalition heard as it is more interested in blaming Morrison.

Got to hand it to Scott Morrison, Josh Frydenberg, Matias Korman and the Liberal "we are the best at running the economy" Party.
The following is a little list of businesses that have closed since the beginning of 2019:

Skins
Napoleon Perdis
Karen Millen
Shoes of Prey
Benny Burger chain
a number of Red Rooster outlets
Muscle Coach
Criniti’s pizza chain
Zanui
Stylerunner
Dimmeys (after 166 years of trading)
Esprit
Max Brenner
Laura Ashley
Roger David
Babies ‘R’ Us
etc ect etc

In 2018 we lost:
MAGGIE T
DIANA FERRARI
Gap
Avon
Mountain Designs
METALICUS
Doughnut Time
Zumbo Patisserie
etc etc etc

AND IN THE FIRST THREE WEEKS OF 2020:
Kaufland have pulled out of opening 20 stores
Harris Scarfe closing 21 stores
McWilliam’s Wines after 140 years
EB Games
Bardot
Australian Geographic/Curios Planet
Jeanswest after 48 years closing 146 stores resulting in 988 people losing there job
Bose 119 stores to close
how may more?

We are so lucky that the Liberal Party has a great leader like Scott Morrison who told us at the start of the 2019 Federal Election "to stick with the Coalition because the government will keep the economy strong" and securing Australia’s future prosperity “depends on a strong economy, and that’s why there is so much at stake at this election”. (11/4/19)

The Religious Discrimination Bill will surely shore up Australia's burgeoning economy!

If Australia and other similar countries reduction of 100% makes a 40% reduction is it worth it?
I'm not sure a 40% reduction will achieve a global result that stops or even slows climate change at this point.

This is why I think we should be taking action towards soaking up years of emissions over slowly down the contribution to the pile. I don't think reducing emissions is going to achieve the result of slowly climate change.

Unemployment figures today.

I am predicting figures that will be worse than expected, perhaps 5.3% v 5.2% which will be the trigger for another interest rate cut.

This will tank the dollar again, kill confidence further, kill retailers further because we import all of our finished goods which become more expensive because of the dollar and further expose the Morrison government’s woeful economic management. It has been going downhill since the moment he took over.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bu...a/news-story/8489566e415c605c0d23dcb865ad0ba0

"Data showed 28,900 jobs were added over December, beating expectations of 12,000, while unemployment was 5.1 per cent versus the expected figure of 5.2%"

You’ve been melting for 249 days if we ignore the six years before the last election.
Pops up once a fortnight in here.
Thinks he knows the deal.

Jim ok.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If australia and similar countries reduce that amount and then put pressure on other countries to do the same....

i can see a day where the eu starts putting trade embargos on non compliant countries - or adding taxes to fund carbon sequestration etc.

But yeah - everybody isnt on biard immediately - lets give up.

Pops up once a fortnight in here.
Thinks he knows the deal.

View attachment 810239
Good morning, I mean afternoon. How was your sleep in? Twenty new pages per day in this thread all with the same melts. The PM is speaking atm on Sky News. Surely you will get your chance for another 100 pages of frothing at the mouth.

Good morning, I mean afternoon. How was your sleep in? Twenty new pages per day in this thread all with the same melts. The PM is speaking atm on Sky News. Surely you will get your chance for another 100 pages of frothing at the mouth.

giphy.gif

If australia and similar countries reduce that amount and then put pressure on other countries to do the same....

i can see a day where the eu starts putting trade embargos on non compliant countries - or adding taxes to fund carbon sequestration etc.

But yeah - everybody isnt on biard immediately - lets give up.
Will Australia and the EU go to war with China or India as their people starve because we didn't like them emitting as much CO2 as they do?

International pressure doesn't work on trading partners and the two biggest emitters are the two largest markets in the world.

No he isn’t, he is zeroing in on the hypocrisy that Morrison and Jens prayers to sky fairy didn’t work, so they turned to science to help them conceive, but the very same scientific method that predicted to the very year, that climate change would impact our nation, he sticks his head up his rather large posterior and babbles on about protecting coal jobs, that will all be very soon automated!
Your appeal to emotion fallacy has been duly noted and scoffed at!👍

You do not seem to be aware that your hero GOUGH, in his post at #5386 - to wit:

Morrison didn't take his missus' endometriosis as a sign that god didn't want them to breed instead turning immediately to science but climate change is just a lefty plot.

is not far away from touching on a belief system beloved of his pagan Greens in the 1930s known as eugenics.
Very fashionable it was in those days. The extreme elements of the Green cult are today dabbling in that pool at their peril - or ours.

You do not seem to be aware that your hero GOUGH, in his post at #5386 - to wit:

is not far away from touching on a belief system beloved of his pagan Greens in the 1930s known as eugenics.
Very fashionable it was in those days. The extreme elements of the Green cult are today dabbling in that pool at their peril - or ours.
Oz's most prominent eugenicist in those days was a bloke named Murdoch.

Unfortunately, he didn't practise what he preached.

Result?

Rupert.

The thing to take into account in this equation is also:

<<<The one thing we can say with certainty about the coal industry is that, regardless of climate policy, automation will decimate coal communities in the coming decade. The coal companies sacked around half their workforce in the late 80s – the minute new technology let them – and the coal industry is gearing up to do it again. Adani promised its proposed Queensland coalmine would be automated “from pit to port” and the rest of the industry is publicly preparing for the same goal.>>>

Good move by a coal town in trouble:

Was behind the paywall as posted.

Last edited:

Retailing is in the dumpster. To spend $500m and not open a store says it all.

The positive is we have Scotty from Marketing to save our economy. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

The winners are Coles & Metcash.

..... our economy : China & mining saved Aus in the GFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back