Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two levels of government work on an agreed responsibility for funding: the state governments fund public/private 80/20, and the feds the other way around. And the fed money for public is given directly to the state governments because they are constitutionally prohibited from providing funding directly to state schools. They are not so limited with non-government schools.
I'm aware of that, but the Feds aren't shy about overstepping their authority when it suits them (usually backed up by the High Court). Its priorities are arse about when it's funding private schools as if they are 'in need'.

I'm aware of that, but the Feds aren't shy about overstepping their authority when it suits them (usually backed up by the High Court). Its priorities are arse about when it's funding private schools as if they are 'in need'.

"In need" means haven't opened a 'wellness centre" or hockey pavillion or purchased an adjoining property for a few years

Then the answer would be "those schools who need it most based on the above assumption, can lobby their state governments for more funding as they are the only people who can directly provide that funding."

This is a case of letting the cobblers do the cobbling.
And is precisely why public schools are always in a chronic need of funding as opposed to private schools.

When the f*** did this government start to worry about people who are hard up and struggling to afford things? This sounds a lot like middle class welfare to me.
The more families put their children into private schools the more votes the Libs have in the bag as all they have to do is run the "ALP will always cut funding to private schools" scare campaign. Cynical - yeah I know.

The more families put their children into private schools the more votes the Libs have in the bag as all they have to do is run the "ALP will always cut funding to private schools" scare campaign. Cynical - yeah I know.

Under gillard admin, schools fought like mad to keep their funding and books 'private', while still holding out the bowl for moolah. And you're right they would threaten to put up fees if the govt got stroppy.

Under gillard admin, schools fought like mad to keep their funding and books 'private', while still holding out the bowl for moolah. And you're right they would threaten to put up fees if the govt got stroppy.
They're targeting less well-off families this time around who would be the first to feel the pinch if schools raised their fees.

In leafy suburbs like mine, I still fail to see the edge (or see that its over stated). If your local high is full of drongos who mess about I can see the atttraction of a local school where the all the kids are motivated because parents are paying.

In leafy suburbs like mine, I still fail to see the edge (or see that its over stated). If your local high is full of drongos who mess about I can see the atttraction of a local school where the all the kids are motivated because parents are paying.
Are you talking about private schools here?
Private schools still have their drongos, the only difference is that they come from wealthy houeholds.
The only schools I've found where the majority of kids are motivated are the selective high schools.

Are you talking about private schools here?
Private schools still have their drongos, the only difference is that they come from wealthy houeholds.
The only schools I've found where the majority of kids are motivated are the selective high schools.

At the risk of derailing the thread, Victoria has the smallest number of fully-selective high schools by some margin.

All the same its a hell of a business model....relies on perception of state schools being bad. and as its perception not true comparison, all manner of crap gets spoken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Australian public voted in a lazy administration.

Will be interested with GDP figures for the Dec 1/4 and then the Mar 1/4 - if we do chance go negative in both quarters then it is only because this government sat on its hands and did nothing other than the tax cuts, which most people banked or paid down debt. The two crisis, bushfires and coronavirus, have just made it worse. Our GDP growth is at 1.7%, at it lowest levels since the GFC.

A do nothing administration.
I thought they did do something.
Didn't they allow APRA to relax lending criteria so housing could continue to become more unaffordable for young people?

More portents of doom, Scotty from marketing is on his knees praying for the rapture. He'd rather see those two fat muppets of his die than face the consequences of the gene pool they've been thrown in.
That’s a bit over the line. Maybe let’s ease up on people’s kids. Except Donald Jr.

This government is led by a bunch of dills. Perhaps we do need to go into recession to wake the Australian people up. I know that is harsh but we need to face reality as a country.

The 97 asia crisis turned out good for Aus. In fact it was probably the start of our 'chinese save haven' persona. (which did have a downside ie housing debt bubble)

I'm wondering if it was just 'Dumb luck' or did the Howard Govt take some appropriate measures

Last edited:
This is a totally failure of this government - and what for $51b? Now that is one huge waste of money.

Yeah but rupert got what he wanted and that's all that mattered to the abbott ministry

inb4 the usual " fu** you for daring to stand up to us , it's Labors fault " bullshit from these ******* mutts

Imagine voting for these dogs
This probably won't even make the mainstream news. Just complete & utter corruption.
note that they spent $110,000 to "clear" themselves. Much like Sports Rorts I imagine.

"It was a recurring problem at the department in 2017/18. The OAIC found the department met the legally-imposed deadlines in just 35% of FOIs that year.

The information watchdog told the department to audit and improve its handling of requests within three months, and send out an all-staff missive reminding employees of their legal obligations.

The finding, though, is in stark contrast to a separate $110,000 internal investigation the department conducted into its handling of the same FOI request, in which it cleared itself of wrongdoing."

This probably won't even make the mainstream news. Just complete & utter corruption.
note that they spent $110,000 to "clear" themselves. Much like Sports Rorts I imagine.

"It was a recurring problem at the department in 2017/18. The OAIC found the department met the legally-imposed deadlines in just 35% of FOIs that year.

The information watchdog told the department to audit and improve its handling of requests within three months, and send out an all-staff missive reminding employees of their legal obligations.

The finding, though, is in stark contrast to a separate $110,000 internal investigation the department conducted into its handling of the same FOI request, in which it cleared itself of wrongdoing."
Imagine if it was Labor.

It'd be the worst ******* thing that's ever happened to this country since the Japs attacked Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back