Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 7 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
High up in the NSW Liberal hierarchy, volunteer and then state director, which lead to his Liberal mates giving him the Tourism Australia job. Shithouse manager and didn’t have the basic brains to keep his boss happy - so punted. Very, very hard to get sacked from those jobs - they usually relocate you. But they had enough of the loud mouthed, know all.

Before that he was fired from a similar position in NZ Tourism. There have been strong whispers that corruption (giving contracts to friends type) was the reason behind both sackings.
Impossible to find out categorically as he has buried everything to do with it & no legal challenge has been able to uncover the relevant documents. Plenty of journos have tried.
His behavior with public money in government makes it a pretty good bet that he’s just doing the same stuff he’s always done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before that he was fired from a similar position in NZ Tourism. There have been strong whispers that corruption (giving contracts to friends type) was the reason behind both sackings.
Impossible to find out categorically as he has buried everything to do with it & no legal challenge has been able to uncover the relevant documents. Plenty of journos have tried.
His behavior with public money in government makes it a pretty good bet that he’s just doing the same stuff he’s always done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a typical middle manager. We’ve all come across these bully types who have no talent but weasel into a decent job that they should never have. When they are usually given the ass they leave the place in a lot worse position than when they got there but everyone is so happy to see the back of them. Leaves with not making one friend and the heartfelt goodbyes are as fake as you’ll see. We’ve all seen this happen.

Well they might be. If they have the money, the means and the contacts to do so.

But that's the whole point isn't it. A centralised distribution system via Medicare would have stopped hoarding and price gouging in its tracks.

But our idiot Deputy PM , and his boss, just don't get it. Because...'the private sector'.
They did it to make money for their friends.

Just a typical middle manager. We’ve all come across these bully types who have no talent but weasel into a decent job that they should never have. When they are usually given the ass they leave the place in a lot worse position than when they got there but everyone is so happy to see the back of them. Leaves with not making one friend and the heartfelt goodbyes are as fake as you’ll see. We’ve all seen this happen.

Or they will have friends or a clinky little group that the manager promotes and looks after while the talented people leave.

Or they will have friends or a clinky little group that the manager promotes and looks after while the talented people leave.
These types are normally good at delegating and pretending how busy they are. When confronted you get that stupid look like they haven’t got a clue what your talking about and pretending it’s not happening. I dealt with this once with a very well worded email to head office. Group broken up and moved around and low and behold before long they get moved on. If only we could just send an email to head office about Scumo lol

What a shame I'll be at work and will miss this. Check out the list of speakers....

Smit would be absolutely (insert crude reference) at being included in that line up. The Patreon overfloweth.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Oh s**t. Paywall only.

Could you give us a summary please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to spend a Saturday morning sanding down a whole bunch of those bad boys as a result of my Free Nelson Mandela graffiti campaign in high school. I was a political prisoner.
It surely depends on the grit doesn’t it?

180 and yes, certainly, you can claim prisoner status.

40-60 and you’re performing a useful task in detention.

Oh sh*t. Paywall only.

Could you give us a summary please?

The "China is interfering in our election" line has officially started!!!!

A Liberal MP will boycott WeChat after the Prime Minister’s account was hacked and replaced with pro-Chinese propaganda.

Despite using WeChat to help win her the seat of Chisholm at the last federal election, Liberal MP Gladys Liu will stop using the Chinese messaging app over fears of political interference.
Her announcement comes after Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s WeChat account was reportedly ‘hijacked’, blocking his access and replacing it with pro-communist party messaging.

In a statement on Monday, Hong Kong-born Ms Liu described the “removal of Scott Morrison from WeChat” as “deeply disappointing” and said it raised serious concerns of political interference.

“Because of these concerns, I will no longer be using my official or personal WeChat accounts to communicate until the platform explains itself,” she said.

She also raised concerns about the impact on the upcoming election, pointing out that opposition leader Anthony Albanese’s account remained unaffected.

“In an election year especially, this sort of interference in our political processes is unacceptable, and this matter should be taken extremely seriously by all Australian politicians,” Ms Liu said.

Prior to Ms Liu’s announcement, Liberal senator James Paterson called on all Australian politicians to voluntarily boycott WeChat, saying “We cannot allow a foreign authoritarian government to interfere in our democracy and set the terms of public debate in Australia.”

As the first person of ethnically Chinese background to sit in federal parliament, Ms Liu has used the messaging service regularly to engage with her constituents and supported the Prime Minister in doing so as well.

Many people from Chinese communities in Australia, particularly those with limited English, rely on the app for news and information as well as keeping in touch with loved ones in China.

Shortly after being elected to parliament, Ms Liu faced accusations over alleged ties to the Chinese Communist Party via a number of organisations she had previously held membership of.

Ms Liu strongly denied the accusations, saying she was either not aware of the memberships or that they were outdated.

She has since taken stances in strong opposition to that of the Chinese government, including supporting democracy in Hong Kong and calling for an official inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus.

When asked on Monday if to avoid interference Australian politicians should stay off the platform all together, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said he would prefer not to see that happen.

“It‘s a method of communication to the Australian‑Chinese community, which is very important and it should be on offer to politicians of all political persuasions. And it shouldn’t be a political football,” Mr Frydenberg said.

He echoed Ms Liu’s concerns of an uneven playing field in the upcoming election.

“The Prime Minister hasn‘t been able to use WeChat as he would like to do as a means to communicate what he and his Government are doing,” Mr Frydenberg said.

“I haven’t been able to do the same communications as others who are competing against me politically in my own patch, and so it should be offered as a medium much more broadly and it’s not acceptable that it’s not.”

Ms Liu asked that rather than contacting her via WeChat, constituents use her parliamentary email or phone number.

“As always, I will continue to speak directly to Chinese Australians in my community and across the country in Chinese language media, and through emails and other platforms, including Facebook,” she said.

The "China is interfering in our election" line has officially started!!!!

A Liberal MP will boycott WeChat after the Prime Minister’s account was hacked and replaced with pro-Chinese propaganda.

Despite using WeChat to help win her the seat of Chisholm at the last federal election, Liberal MP Gladys Liu will stop using the Chinese messaging app over fears of political interference.
Her announcement comes after Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s WeChat account was reportedly ‘hijacked’, blocking his access and replacing it with pro-communist party messaging.

In a statement on Monday, Hong Kong-born Ms Liu described the “removal of Scott Morrison from WeChat” as “deeply disappointing” and said it raised serious concerns of political interference.

“Because of these concerns, I will no longer be using my official or personal WeChat accounts to communicate until the platform explains itself,” she said.

She also raised concerns about the impact on the upcoming election, pointing out that opposition leader Anthony Albanese’s account remained unaffected.

“In an election year especially, this sort of interference in our political processes is unacceptable, and this matter should be taken extremely seriously by all Australian politicians,” Ms Liu said.

Prior to Ms Liu’s announcement, Liberal senator James Paterson called on all Australian politicians to voluntarily boycott WeChat, saying “We cannot allow a foreign authoritarian government to interfere in our democracy and set the terms of public debate in Australia.”

As the first person of ethnically Chinese background to sit in federal parliament, Ms Liu has used the messaging service regularly to engage with her constituents and supported the Prime Minister in doing so as well.

Many people from Chinese communities in Australia, particularly those with limited English, rely on the app for news and information as well as keeping in touch with loved ones in China.

Shortly after being elected to parliament, Ms Liu faced accusations over alleged ties to the Chinese Communist Party via a number of organisations she had previously held membership of.

Ms Liu strongly denied the accusations, saying she was either not aware of the memberships or that they were outdated.

She has since taken stances in strong opposition to that of the Chinese government, including supporting democracy in Hong Kong and calling for an official inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus.

When asked on Monday if to avoid interference Australian politicians should stay off the platform all together, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said he would prefer not to see that happen.

“It‘s a method of communication to the Australian‑Chinese community, which is very important and it should be on offer to politicians of all political persuasions. And it shouldn’t be a political football,” Mr Frydenberg said.

He echoed Ms Liu’s concerns of an uneven playing field in the upcoming election.

“The Prime Minister hasn‘t been able to use WeChat as he would like to do as a means to communicate what he and his Government are doing,” Mr Frydenberg said.

“I haven’t been able to do the same communications as others who are competing against me politically in my own patch, and so it should be offered as a medium much more broadly and it’s not acceptable that it’s not.”

Ms Liu asked that rather than contacting her via WeChat, constituents use her parliamentary email or phone number.

“As always, I will continue to speak directly to Chinese Australians in my community and across the country in Chinese language media, and through emails and other platforms, including Facebook,” she said.
If a Chinese government owned entity interferes with a social media account of an Australian Prime Minister isn’t that the very definition of political interference?

If a Chinese government owned entity interferes with a social media account of an Australian Prime Minister isn’t that the very definition of political interference?

As per usual, you run off to agree with sky news talking points, and once again you're wrong

Chinese businessman reveals why he bought Scott Morrison's WeChat account​

By ABC Investigations' Echo Hui and foreign affairs reporter Stephen Dziedzic 7 hrs ago

The Chinese businessman who has taken over Scott Morrison's WeChat account says he bought it because he wanted a platform with lots of followers and insists the transaction had nothing to do with politics.

Several Coalition MPs have vowed to boycott the massive Chinese language messaging app after it was revealed that the Prime Minister's account had been taken over by a Chinese company.

The new account is named "Australian-Chinese New Life" and promises to provide tips to new arrivals from China.

The ABC has been told the government repeatedly tried to regain control of the account but WeChat's parent company Tencent refused to respond to their requests.

The chair of parliament's powerful intelligence committee, James Paterson, has blamed the Chinese government and said the episode was evidence of foreign interference in Australia's domestic politics.

Huang Aipeng, the chief executive of Fuzhou 985 Information Technology, which now controls the account, told the ABC that he bought the account in November last year from its original owner, a Chinese national from Fuzhou who is registered only as Mr Ji.

Mr Morrison's account had some 75,000 followers and Mr Huang said it was this fact that convinced him to buy the account from Mr Ji.
"He [Mr Ji] didn't tell me who was using the account," said Mr Huang.

"I don't even know who [Scott] Morrison is, I saw the account has a lot of followers, so we bought it."

He also said was planning to delete all the content posted by Mr Morrison and would use the account to promote other material instead.

Mr Huang would not say how much he paid for the account and said he would not hand it back to the Prime Minister's office, because the transfer of ownership had been approved by WeChat.

The ABC has been unable to contact Mr Ji and does not know why he made the sale or whether he did so willingly.

Like several other Western politicians, Mr Morrison's office set up a WeChat account through a Chinese agency.

The agency used a Chinese national – in this case Mr Ji — as the account operator, in order to circumvent WeChat's regulations, which do not allow foreign nationals to operate public accounts.

WeChat's rules also state that "the initial registration applicant shall not … permit any non-initial registration applicant to use the Weixin [Wechat] account."
The ABC has previously identified 12 Australian politicians with WeChat accounts registered in other people's names in China, including government ministers.

Mr Morrison's WeChat public account was opened by Mr Ji in January 2019 and was used to deliver political messaging to Chinese Australian voters.

Fergus Ryan from the Australian Strategic Policy Institute said it was "risky and ill-advised" for the Prime Minister's office to register a Chinese national for the account but said it would still be best for both Labor and the Coalition to simply boycott WeChat because of the risk of censorship on the platform.

Selling an account is also against the rules governing WeChat, although it's still a relatively common practice in China.

Robert Potter, founder of Canberra-based cyber security firm Internet 2.0 said the reasons why the account was sold or purchased were less important than the behaviour of Tencent.

"Selling the account is against the Terms of Service of WeChat. It should have been a simple account ownership question for Tencent to resolve, particularly for a high-profile account like the Prime Minister of Australia," Mr Potter said.

"When Tencent did not return the account, they made a corporate decision to de-platform the Prime Minister, which will have a domestic political impact."
He also pointed out that Tencent was quick to move when it temporarily blocked Mr Morrison's account in late 2020 amid a furious political dispute over an image of an Australian soldier posted on social media by Chinese diplomats

"We know Tencent can move quickly on these things because of how fast they censored the account previously," he said.

A spokesman for Tencent said there had been no hack of the Prime Minister's account and "based on our information, this appears to be a dispute over account ownership".

"The account in question was originally registered by a PRC individual and was subsequently transferred to its current operator, a technology services company," they said.

"[This] will be handled in accordance with our platform rules."

As per usual, you run off to agree with sky news talking points, and once again you're wrong

By ABC Investigations' Echo Hui and foreign affairs reporter Stephen Dziedzic 7 hrs ago

The Chinese businessman who has taken over Scott Morrison's WeChat account says he bought it because he wanted a platform with lots of followers and insists the transaction had nothing to do with politics.

Several Coalition MPs have vowed to boycott the massive Chinese language messaging app after it was revealed that the Prime Minister's account had been taken over by a Chinese company.

The new account is named "Australian-Chinese New Life" and promises to provide tips to new arrivals from China.

The ABC has been told the government repeatedly tried to regain control of the account but WeChat's parent company Tencent refused to respond to their requests.

The chair of parliament's powerful intelligence committee, James Paterson, has blamed the Chinese government and said the episode was evidence of foreign interference in Australia's domestic politics.

Huang Aipeng, the chief executive of Fuzhou 985 Information Technology, which now controls the account, told the ABC that he bought the account in November last year from its original owner, a Chinese national from Fuzhou who is registered only as Mr Ji.

Mr Morrison's account had some 75,000 followers and Mr Huang said it was this fact that convinced him to buy the account from Mr Ji.

"I don't even know who [Scott] Morrison is, I saw the account has a lot of followers, so we bought it."

He also said was planning to delete all the content posted by Mr Morrison and would use the account to promote other material instead.

Mr Huang would not say how much he paid for the account and said he would not hand it back to the Prime Minister's office, because the transfer of ownership had been approved by WeChat.

The ABC has been unable to contact Mr Ji and does not know why he made the sale or whether he did so willingly.

Like several other Western politicians, Mr Morrison's office set up a WeChat account through a Chinese agency.

The agency used a Chinese national – in this case Mr Ji — as the account operator, in order to circumvent WeChat's regulations, which do not allow foreign nationals to operate public accounts.

WeChat's rules also state that "the initial registration applicant shall not … permit any non-initial registration applicant to use the Weixin [Wechat] account."
The ABC has previously identified 12 Australian politicians with WeChat accounts registered in other people's names in China, including government ministers.

Mr Morrison's WeChat public account was opened by Mr Ji in January 2019 and was used to deliver political messaging to Chinese Australian voters.

Fergus Ryan from the Australian Strategic Policy Institute said it was "risky and ill-advised" for the Prime Minister's office to register a Chinese national for the account but said it would still be best for both Labor and the Coalition to simply boycott WeChat because of the risk of censorship on the platform.

Selling an account is also against the rules governing WeChat, although it's still a relatively common practice in China.

Robert Potter, founder of Canberra-based cyber security firm Internet 2.0 said the reasons why the account was sold or purchased were less important than the behaviour of Tencent.

"Selling the account is against the Terms of Service of WeChat. It should have been a simple account ownership question for Tencent to resolve, particularly for a high-profile account like the Prime Minister of Australia," Mr Potter said.

"When Tencent did not return the account, they made a corporate decision to de-platform the Prime Minister, which will have a domestic political impact."
He also pointed out that Tencent was quick to move when it temporarily blocked Mr Morrison's account in late 2020 amid a furious political dispute over an image of an Australian soldier posted on social media by Chinese diplomats

"We know Tencent can move quickly on these things because of how fast they censored the account previously," he said.

A spokesman for Tencent said there had been no hack of the Prime Minister's account and "based on our information, this appears to be a dispute over account ownership".

"The account in question was originally registered by a PRC individual and was subsequently transferred to its current operator, a technology services company," they said.

When Dutton talks about how tough this government will be against China remember this and that the Chinese have now effectively silenced our PM without even getting off their arse. Balls in your court Peter.

Right.

This bloke bought any other popular accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back